Christina Aguilera is making headlines

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

with a hairstyle for 20 year olds

christina-aguilera-purple-hair-455x665.jpg

http://realitytvmaga...azy-new-hairdo/

The war of the hair is on! First, Miley Cyrus chopped off her locks and dyed the remaining strands platinum blonde. Now, Christina Aguilera is joining in the hair insanity with an equally strange new look: purple highlights. The singer debuted her new ‘do at a press event for The Voice. Miley gets a pass for being a teen, but Christina? Not so much.

We love Christina Aguilera’s beautiful voice, but her hair is a completely different story. Already known for bleaching the crap out of her hair, Christina has taken the chemical treatment a step further with a set of purple streaks. The result of her latest hair experiment is…questionable…The light shade of purple fits in better with My Little Pony than with Christina’s notorious cleavage-baring outfits.

This certainly isn’t the first time Christina Aguilera has stepped out with crazy hair. Who could forget those chunky black streaks during the Dirrty era? Or that time she donned an afro at the 2001 Blockbuster Awards? In an April interview with Us, Christina explained the reasoning behind her frequent hair and fashion switch-ups: “I like to keep it fresh and interesting. I get bored and I’m an artist first and foremost. I’m from the world of making videos and touring and I love theatrics.”

Christina Aguilera certainly accomplished her goal of having interesting hair. But it’s not necessarily a good kind of interesting. The good news is, unlike Miley’s Twiggy haircut, this disaster can be remedied in a few hours. Of course, there’s always the risk that Christina will choose an even worse style.

:lmao: fail...

but it's trending on Yahoo

yahoo doesn't pick what's trending.. women do :lmao:

she's too old for highlights

No such thing when it comes to white women, maybe too old for blue but Barbra Walters is still gettin them highlight foils, people don't even tho that her real hair color is dark brown. White women & hair color is like black women & relaxers and all ages seem to apply.

I don't get what the "copying Miley" shit comes from, she's always been unpredictable with her hair styles and color since era 1. This is the 1st extreme thing Miley's done to her hair, and the styles themselves are not even comparable. Now if ma girl Xtina came out wit a short short look (god I hope she never does, short hair is soooo not her look) then it's arguably copying (depending on when both of them did it).

No such thing when it comes to white women, maybe too old for blue but Barbra Walters is still gettin them highlight foils, people don't even tho that her real hair color is dark brown. White women & hair color is like black women & relaxers and all ages seem to apply.

Umm xtina's hair color is not natural.

Umm xtina's hair color is not natural.

:unsure: Um... I missed the part when I said it was.. in fact I said that she's always been switching up her style length and colors since the 1st album. I'm not saying the colors she have are natural, I'm saying it's natural for her to switch it up, it's what she does.

:unsure: Um... I missed the part when I said it was.. in fact I said that she's always been switching up her style length and colors since the 1st album. I'm not saying the colors she have are natural, I'm saying it's natural for her to switch it up, it's what she does.

she's 30.. it's time to mature... she doesn't need to be wearing blue hair :umm:

she's 30.. it's time to mature... she doesn't need to be wearing blue hair :umm:

But Cindy Lauper and Annie Lennox are well past their 50's and still have crazy colors and styles. It'd only be weird that she has this kind of hair if she were like Mariah & Beyonce and kept it pretty conservative and predictable in her career and then out of nowhere BLUE STREAKS. But thats never been her, she'll be in her 50's and 60s and still switch up the colors more than likely.

But Cindy Lauper and Annie Lennox are well past their 50's and still have crazy colors and styles. It'd only be weird that she has this kind of hair if she were like Mariah & Beyonce and kept it pretty conservative and predictable in her career and then out of nowhere BLUE STREAKS. But thats never been her, she'll be in her 50's and 60s and still switch up the colors more than likely.

Cyndi Lauper & Annie Lennox haven't a hit album in almost 30 and 20 years respectively :umm: soooo bad examples...

I know they're some kind of "icon" (tho they're the Ciara of the 80s/90s or Monica of white people) but lets talk... successful

Cyndi Lauper & Annie Lennox haven't a hit album in almost 30 and 20 years respectively :umm: soooo bad examples...

I know they're some kind of "icon" (tho they're the Ciara of the 80s/90s or Monica of white people) but lets talk... successful

( :blink: those are both legends especially Annie...)

But...hair has never determined success of a album and thats what this is about. Cher's a good example too of this if it's about a successful artist who's worn the crazy colors.

( :blink: those are both legends especially Annie...)

But...hair has never determined success of a album and thats what this is about. Cher's a good example too of this if it's about a successful artist who's worn the crazy colors.

right.. two successful album and all of a sudden.. they're "legends" :rolleyes: ... i guess they can be but they didn't get there by sale figures..

Right.. but Xtina isn't Cher... not even close... You're comparing Cher who can tour and has a fan base, to Xtina, in 2012, can't tour and fan base morphed into Beyonce stans that cheer for her during Bey's off season.

right.. two successful album and all of a sudden.. they're "legends" :rolleyes: ... i guess they can be but they didn't get there by sale figures..

Right.. but Xtina isn't Cher... not even close... You're comparing Cher who can tour and has a fan base, to Xtina, in 2012, can't tour and fan base morphed into Beyonce stans that cheer for her during Bey's off season.

No they got there by monster successful and popular songs that inspired generations after them (who the hell don't know Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun or Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This?) With alot of legends its not the number of hits, it's the impact of certain ones and they're both examples.

LOL But again this is about her and that hair color, not her success as a singer. Cher is a women in her over 60 who'll still put on a hot pink wig, Christina's in her 30's and got some blue streaks, they both do that, success has NOTHING to do with it, if Cher didnt have the amount of success and the fanbase I'd put money that she'd still be rocking the crazy colors just like Cyndi & Amy