Anti-Beyoncé Protest Rally Organised For Superbowl Performance

bu.

Join us as we demonstrate on the block of the NFL Headquarters building.

Are you offended as an American that Beyoncé pulled her race-baiting stunt at the Superbowl?

Do you agree that it was a slap in the face to law enforcement?

Do you agree that the Black Panthers was/is a hate group which should not be glorified?

Come and let's stand together. Let's tell the NFL we don't want hate speech & racism at the Superbowl ever again!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/anti-beyonce-protest-rally-tickets-21446744791?aff=efbneb

What do you think? Was Beyonce wrong to perform a pro-Black song (whether you like the song or not) at the Superbowl or are these people mad that the truth hurts? Please stick to the topic - this isn't about how you feel about Beyonce. 

the-queen-smiles.gif

Edited by Dammn Bu

It wasn't race-bating. It is another example of people being offended by something just because it doesn't pertain to them. Her performance has absolutely NOTHING to do with law enforcement: not the lyrics, outfits, or performance. You can't bring up a (misconstrued) message in her video when decrying her performance. I personally do not consider the Black Panthers a hate group, but I'm honestly uninformed of their relevance outside of the 1960s civil rights movement. Whether some chapters back then could be considered a hate group is debatable. I wouldn't classify them as such. I saw no racism (during the half-time special). I saw entertainers celebrating universal love and possibly lgbt acceptance. I saw an entertainer acknowledging her black history. I see some people mad because Beyonce is selling them the product they want/expect for a change. No, it was not wrong for Beyonce to perform that song at the Superbowl. Let her try to have her "RN1814" moment while dressed like MJ. Her choice of dress for her backup dancers and the backstage picture released were meant to spark conversation, more than likely. Was that wrong? Nope. People do too much looking for things to be mad at. <_<

• Upvote 3

Toronto Councillor Urges Feds to Look Into Beyonce's Ties to Black Panthers

Despite the message behind"Formation," many Super Bowl viewers weren't pleased with Beyonce's performance as they felt she promoted violence towards police - some even plan to have an "Anti-Beyonce" rally next week in New York City. Bey has yet to comment on the backlash she's received, but she may want to speak up now that one Toronto councillor is looking to have her banned from entering Canada entirely.

Ward 39 councillor Jim Karygiannis believes Beyonce may have some sort of connection to The Black Panther Party after Sunday night's Halftime Show. "If someone wore bullets and supported (a radical group) here, they would not be welcomed in the United States — that's for sure," he stated after requesting the help of the federal government. Though he doesn't plan to ban Beyonce based off her tribute to The BPP, if he finds out her team supports them financially, "she or some of them could be found not eligible to enter the country as others in the past have faced."

Karygiannis concluded by saying "We should not be promoting gun culture or anti-police sentiments."

Source: City News

Lol.  People just doing way to much with the protests.  They act like she shot a white guy in the face on national TV or something.  Or ran over some cops in her convertible.

You can't be black and step out of line in some peoples eyes.  Get back to some nice safe Crazy in Love.  No matter how rich and and famous you are one step away from being labeled an angry black woman or racist

• Upvote 1

Yea though the song itself is terrible and should be protested for her to do good music again, this kind of shit is doing way too much and for no reason. I forget though there's alot of unenlightened people (of all races) who honestly think that The Black Panthers were the black response to the KKK, they weren't, they weren't against all white people, they were against cops and the system.

no you got problems. If you can't answer the question instead of posting a link for someone to watch your fave then IDK what to tell you. Besides Bu already answered the question. Now what else?

Yeah you got problems :lol:

Not answering questions for a lazy gerl who refuse to find out for themselves.

Be thankful there are nice ppl in the word like Bu

Edited by LawdToday
  • Upvote 2

Yeah you got problems :lol:

Not answering questions for a lazy gerl who refuse to find out for themselves.

Be thankful there are nice ppl in the word like Bu

Well no point in posting the clip to watch her halftime performance for me to find out if you supposedly weren't gonna answer the question. That link was your answer to the question lol. Anyways :)