? Gil confirms NEW Janet tracks! ?

Dal

Alert! ? Alert! ? Alert! ? 

This morning Gil was live streaming on IG and stated that he had just heard some "new tracks" from Janet!

Also...when a fan told him that she couldn't wait to see them perform in Brooklyn, Gil replied with "we can't wait either!"

If that ain't legit confirmation, then idk what is!

#beready

• Upvote 7

Yeah.. true.. she has time to craft an album but I don't want her to rush for the tour

!!!

I want nothing but good reviews for the tour, time to shut the Naysayers up about her being unreliable .

I wonder if it will mirror the RN1814 Era, with the all black wardrobe, minimal staging, huge screens, pyrotechnics ect.

Seems fitting since she named the tour after the albums key songs.

!!!

I want nothing but good reviews for the tour, time to shut the Naysayers up about her being unreliable .

I wonder if it will mirror the RN1814 Era, with the all black wardrobe, minimal staging, huge screens, pyrotechnics ect.

Seems fitting since she named the tour after the albums key songs.

She'll get good reviews on her tour. I'm not worried about that at all.

I hope it's a combination of Unbreakable and RN. I want new (more) outfits than just the two she did for Unbreakable. I didn't get a chance to see her bc she postponed my date due to her blessing

• Upvote 3

I didn't get a chance to see her bc she postponed my date due to her blessing

I remember going back and forth with you time and time again about everything under the Janet sun back in the day (not that long ago actually)... but for your sake, I genuinely hope you finally get to see her this/next year.. getting seated in the front row with my wife and babygirl was a moment we'll never forget (especially when Janet spoke to my daughter and I!) and I hope you get to experience that for yourself again.. cheers!

• Upvote 3

I remember going back and forth with you time and time again about everything under the Janet sun back in the day (not that long ago actually)... but for your sake, I genuinely hope you finally get to see her this/next year.. getting seated in the front row with my wife and babygirl was a moment we'll never forget (especially when Janet spoke to my daughter and I!) and I hope you get to experience that for yourself again.. cheers!

I was in front of the front row for the RWU tour in 2008... I will NEVER FORGET 

i seen her for UCAP as well

Edited by KellyGame
  • Upvote 1

This is the news I want, personally as brilliant as she is live, shes my fave artist, so I welcome all the new material. Re-release wouldnt be a let down, but I got what I needed from it, everyone who matters that knows of it loved it, and thats what I wanted a album better than the era (she hadnt had that in YEARS), & im ok with that being THE main objective, quality music.

• Upvote 2

I was in front of the front row for the RWU tour in 2008... I will NEVER FORGET 

i seen her for UCAP as well

now the RWU tour is something I wish I had seen (especially from the front row!).. 

• Upvote 3

She should re-release the album with new tracks to have it chart again. Since it's an independent release and she's bundling the cd with merchandise, it'll make sense to re-release it back into the public's consciousness while on tour. The album will easily chart every week like it was doing before she postponed. That would salvage the era and would be a better look if she toured with a re-release instead of just a 2-year-old album.

• Upvote 6

Fuck yes.  That is the icing on the cake. 

I also hope its a new album

She could even do like an 8 track EP on itunes.  That would be considered a new album as well. 

I agree. She could do a simple EP nothing too hectic. I'd be ok with 5 songs but 8 would be epic. Just enough to get her point across & have some new material. I wonder the look she's going to go for & even though she has a song called State of the World I wonder if that would be the music project theme. 

• Upvote 1

She should re-release the album with new tracks to have it chart again. Since it's an independent release and she's bundling the cd with merchandise, it'll make sense to re-release it back into the public's consciousness while on tour. The album will easily chart every week like it was doing before she postponed. That would salvage the era and would be a better look if she toured with a re-release instead of just a 2-year-old album.

disagree, sorry Janet has Jimmy and Terry and a number of producers who would love to work with her, considering all the fans have gone through and yet we stand by her, there's nothing wrong with a new album, doesn't have to be long, but Im sure she has plenty of material to consider, release it independent as Unbreakable was chart another number 1 debut album earning Janet her 8th number one debut album

• Upvote 1

disagree, sorry Janet has Jimmy and Terry and a number of producers who would love to work with her, considering all the fans have gone through and yet we stand by her, there's nothing wrong with a new album, doesn't have to be long, but Im sure she has plenty of material to consider, release it independent as Unbreakable was chart another number 1 debut album earning Janet her 8th number one debut album

A new album will most likely flop. There's no buzz for a new Janet album. No sense in releasing a new album she'll most likely not promote. A few new tracks on a re-release will suffice.

• Upvote 1

"Salvage the era"?  Are you talking about the tour, or the album?  Unbreakable went to Number 1 and gave Janet her 40 Hot 100 hit and longest running Number 1 on any genre chart with No Sleep.  Sure it wasn't a million-seller but let's not get confused and say the album wasn't successful.  

But let's be clear about chart expectations going forward.  Now that all of the charts rely so heavily on streaming, it's going to be tough for artists like Janet to have the chart success that you see from folks like Ariana Grande or Harry Styles.  Janet's fans don't spend every waking moment on social media trying to boost her YouTube and Spotify plays.  On today's Billboard charts, that's how you get to "Number 1" absent a monumental sales week.  

And even when limited to Streaming, there's a lot of inequality built into the Billboard Charts.  Remember how the Dammn Baby video took over Facebook, yet it missed the Hot 100 entirely?  It's because it's YouTube views were low, and Billboard doesn't count Facebook video views into it's streaming data.  The only plays that matter to them are Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music and a few other services.  They don't count Tidal either.  

Unbreakable is my favorite Janet album, and I personally would love to see a re-release.  But don't expect it to garner some huge chart position.  From that front, Janet would be better off doing an album or an EP, then combine with a new video and some lead-up promotion.  

Edited by wayneashleymusic
  • Upvote 4

A new album will most likely flop. There's no buzz for a new Janet album. No sense in releasing a new album she'll most likely not promote. A few new tracks on a re-release will suffice.

there was no promotion around Unbreakable not a single interview done, and yet it made it to number 1, every album Janet has put out over the last 2 decades has been a top 3 debut so there's no reason to believe a new album with 8 or so tracks couldn't chart well. Besides from Unbreakable the songs that did get released didn't do much on the hot 100, the only good thing that did succeed was "No Sleep" which did well in the AC format. And lets not forget even then during Unbreakable some people didn't know she had a new album out, there are enough fans to buy a new album she will hit number 1 again and that's good PR too

Edited by Bailey.

She doesn't need to rerelease Unbreakable it would just look like a bad effort. An EP gives her room to not do a heavy role out but also just enough to make a point, get in & get out, plus new songs to perform. 

5-8 tracks is plenty & maybe some interludes that give the EP depth - something that allows her to narrate the message or make it cohesive. Also, fans have dealt with inconsistency with touring but the whole "what fans have gone through" - EVERY thing that has happened effects Janet more than fans. This is her career & life. We don't have to support. That's a choice, there's no entitlement to supporting. 

• Upvote 4

She doesn't need to rerelease Unbreakable it would just look like a bad effort. An EP gives her room to not do a heavy role out but also just enough to make a point, get in & get out, plus new songs to perform. 

5-8 tracks is plenty & maybe some interludes that give the EP depth - something that allows her to narrate the message or make it cohesive. Also, fans have dealt with inconsistency with touring but the whole "what fans have gone through" - EVERY thing that has happened effects Janet more than fans. This is her career & life. We don't have to support. That's a choice, there's no entitlement to supporting. 

Control had 9 tracks and remains to this day a great album. I think we all would favour having less tracks on a record but have them executed well than 15 plus mediocre songs or interludes. She could easily do 7 new songs and add a couple of remixes and have a solid album.

• Upvote 2

Control had 9 tracks and remains to this day a great album. I think we all would favour having less tracks on a record but have them executed well than 15 plus mediocre songs or interludes. She could easily do 7 new songs and add a couple of remixes and have a solid album.

THAT^^^

• Upvote 1