Did Lisa Lefteye Lopes ever sing?

bu.

On the TLC records? I can always tell when T-Boz or Chilli are singing in the chorus (their singing voices are pretty distinctive) but I can never hear Lisa Lefteye...did she only rap or did she sing too? I'm not a huge TLC fan so I wouldn't really know...

I'd say yes,maybe not for every song but for a good number I think. T-Boz said in her book that when they tried out for Pebbles each member (before they got Chili there was a girl Crystal, which is why they were TLC Tionne, Lisa, Crystal and once Chili came since her name is Rozanda they couldnt call it TLR, so the nick names came in) Tionne, Lisa & Crystal had to sing a whole song, and rap a whole song, and apparently Crystal wasnt good at either (which is where Chili came in).

But yea I often too wish they gave Lisa a singing verse, hell on the 1st album they have a song where all 3 are rapping, but how bout 1 where all 3 are singing?

Anyway it was years before I knew what Lisa's singing voice sounded like, its nice, nothing really impressive to me, like she dont have the sould Chili has, or the funk Boz has but she has a nice sound and I wish I heard more of it

Left Eye didnt sing on backgrounds (at least from CSC - 3D ..only maybe their songs that had lil chants). TLC always had a "fourth member" in the studio by the name of Debra Killings,that ppl dont know about. She's done ALOT of background vocals for TLC's projects. Her voice blends well with T-Boz and Chili's,its more polished and gives them a "fuller" sound,vocally....even to the point to where sometimes one of the girls voice wont even be present in the background. For instance their song "Take Our Time" -the background vocals are done only by Chili and Debra Killings. T-Boz and Left Eye aren't present on that song AT ALL even tho it sounds like T-Boz is singing background,nope...its Debra.

No she didn't, and her raps on songs were often scrapped. Sometimes Chili or T-Boz weren't singing the background vocals. Yet, people call TLC "a group".

And they were a fantastic group crazysexycool >>>> any other groups album :)

Archived