Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Game For Now

HOLY SHIT: CONFIRMED: Janet Will Receive BMA ICON Award

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Janet’s not a filmmaker(?) technically

 

She did produced a transgender documentary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ LOL. That transgender documentary was announced and was never heard from again. The deal probably fell through.

It's gonna be Madonna. Janet doesn't come outside like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Khalil said:

Janet did produced a transgender documentary

:lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing they just meant actress ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a thought. Maybe she IS a filmmaker now because she filmed the soon-to-be-released documentary already.:excited:

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES! :excited::cheer: So exciting!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from USA Today 

 

NEW YORK — Janet Jackson's icon status is being confirmed at the Billboard Awards.

The superstar is set to get the Billboard Icon Award at the May 20 ceremony in Las Vegas, hosted by Kelly Clarkson. She'll also reward fans with a performance on the live telecast, her first televised performance in nine years.

Past award recipients include Prince, Stevie Wonder, Cher, Neil Diamond, Celine Dion and Jennifer Lopez.

Jackson has been a dominant force on the Billboard charts for decades, thanks to hits including That's The Way Love GoesI Get Lonely and All for You. The multiplatinum superstar will kick off another leg of her State of the World Tour in July.

 

any thoughts on the performance? Old songs, new songs, medley? (I love a good medley, I used to like it when artists would include a medley or megamix on singles)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif 
JANET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let the Slayage begin!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Amy said:

from USA Today 

 

NEW YORK — Janet Jackson's icon status is being confirmed at the Billboard Awards.

The superstar is set to get the Billboard Icon Award at the May 20 ceremony in Las Vegas, hosted by Kelly Clarkson. She'll also reward fans with a performance on the live telecast, her first televised performance in nine years.

Past award recipients include Prince, Stevie Wonder, Cher, Neil Diamond, Celine Dion and Jennifer Lopez.

Jackson has been a dominant force on the Billboard charts for decades, thanks to hits including That's The Way Love GoesI Get Lonely and All for You. The multiplatinum superstar will kick off another leg of her State of the World Tour in July.

 

any thoughts on the performance? Old songs, new songs, medley? (I love a good medley, I used to like it when artists would include a medley or megamix on singles)

I have 1 wish and 1 wish only.... leave GIL at home giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GTIG said:

I have 1 wish and 1 wish only.... leave GIL at home l

Sorry to burst ya bubble but Gil is obviously still and will always be Creative Director. Sorry, Not Sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

I just had a thought. Maybe she IS a filmmaker now because she filmed the soon-to-be-released documentary already.:excited:

That's what I'm thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Sorry to burst ya bubble but Gil is obviously still and will always be Creative Director. Sorry, Not Sorry

Are you always sassy..for no reason?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Horny Braxton said:

COADF is really when I became a Madonna stan. It was brilliant and the tour was brilliant. -_- She also needs to call up Stuart Price tbh he was the main collaborator on Confessions. I'm here for her being reductive because her past was so damn good. -_- 

Throughout her career Madonna has always been hit or miss, but I've remained a fan because she knows how to keep the conversation going, and when the time for her to perform comes, she brings it (however you define what "it" is that she actually does).  Ray Of Light and COADF stay in my collection.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But anyway... 

SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!!  The Q-U-E-E-N returns to television for an epic performance, just before her Summer Tour!!!!  

I am beyond excited for the show and for any other big announcements that may be coming (Europe tour, doc, new music, etc.).  Whatever it is, I am READY!!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna Stans are so mad on Twitter I’m loving it and I’m also dragging some them that just say stupid shit for no reason

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GTIG said:

Are you always sassy..for no reason?

Yes.. when you’re a veteran JanFam, you get tired of the Gil diss over and over. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

I just had a thought. Maybe she IS a filmmaker now because she filmed the soon-to-be-released documentary already.:excited:

:lmao: 

If we include her tour DVDs, then yes, she is a film maker

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder who will present her the award... It would be great if it were Beyonce.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×