Janet Jackson signs up for Glastonbury in her first UK show in EIGHT years — due days after 10th anniversary of Michael’s death

Amy

JANET JACKSON will be giving it some welly on stage in the UK again this year — as I can reveal she has  just signed up for Glastonbury.

It will be her first UK show in eight years, and is sure to be poignant, as it will happen just days after the tenth anniversary of the death of her brother Michael.

A Glasto insider said: “Janet is relaunching her career in a major way this year and thought this would be the perfect opportunity.

“She has never performed at Glastonbury but she knows what a massive deal it is.

“It is looking like she will perform on the Sunday but her exact slot is to be confirmed.  Organisers are still booking acts and arranging the schedule but she is really excited to be back.”

This year’s festival at Worthy Farm in Somerset runs from Wednesday, June 26, to Sunday, June 30, while the anniversary of Jacko’s untimely death aged 50 falls on June 25.

While she is here, the iconic singer is also expected to play other UK dates, after years of begging from fans on social media.

During a career spanning more than three decades, the All For You singer has scored 38 UK Top 40 hits and has released 11 studio albums, including 2015’s Unbreakable.

She was last seen here doing a three-night run at the Royal Albert Hall in 2011.

In 2016 she had been due to bring her Unbreakable world tour to Europe but axed the dates in order to try for a baby with her then-husband, Qatari business magnate Wissam Al Mana. Son Eissa was born in January 2017.

The full line-up for Glastonbury is being kept a closely guarded secret, although Kylie Minogue will fill the Sunday afternoon "Legends" slot, as revealed by The Sun.  Stormzy will headline on Friday night.

Janet is in good company.

From The Sun

12 hours ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

I was initially skeptical because I first saw this from The Sun (one of the lowest tabloids), but now that it's confirmed, I'm super excited. This should be a good way to re-introduce herself to Europe in a way that will guarantee press and reactions from locals.

Absolutely!

Personally, I'd prefer regular shows because there's only real fans there plus I have a guaranteed spot right in front of Janet. But I would get it if it's only gonna be festivals. Commercially it would be smart. Glastonbury is probably the biggest and most well-known festival of Europe. Plus there are more big festivals and there's always a lot of media and tv/radio coverage for it.

I hope it's gonna be a mix of like 5/7 festivals and 10 regular shows.

• 1 month later...

With Glastonbury being announced, shouldn't a full European leg be the only LOGICAL thing for Janet?

She has a huuuuge gap in her tour schedule (late May til late July). I just don't see Janet leaving Vegas to fly to the other side of the world just for Glastonbury while she could easily perform like 10, 15 or 20 shows in Europe then?💁🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Jakob said:

With Glastonbury being announced, shouldn't a full European leg be the only LOGICAL thing for Janet?

She has a huuuuge gap in her tour schedule (late May til late July). I just don't see Janet leaving Vegas to fly to the other side of the world just for Glastonbury while she could easily perform like 10, 15 or 20 shows in Europe then?💁🏻‍♂️

She lives in England.. bish about kick back and relax