Cindy McCain Reverses Course On 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

Shawn1814

Now she stands with her doofy husband on DADT.. He shut her ass down and she's the one with all the money.. Dumb Bitch..

Cindy McCain has apparently sharply reversed course on her position on the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy in the span of just several days. Having blasted the policy that bars gays from openly serving in the military on Wednesday, the wife of Senator McCain now says she supports her husband's stance on the issue.

On November 10, Cindy McCain appeared in an ad for the NOH8 campaign, an organization formed as a response to California's Proposition 8, which banned gay marriage in the state. In the video, McCain says that "our political and religious leaders tell LGBT youth that they have no future." Later, she adds that "they can't serve our country openly."

On Friday, however, Cindy McCain clarified her stance, tweeting that she supports her husband's position on DADT. "I fully support the NOH8 campaign and all it stands for and am proud to be a part of it. But I stand by my husband's stance on DADT."

Four years ago, John McCain said that he would be open to eliminating DADT if the military were in favor of repealing the policy, but he has grown more hostile to repeal over time.

In February, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff recommended getting rid of DADT, but McCain has not adhered to his prior position. Less than one month ago he vowed to filibuster any attempt to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

The Washington Post reported on Thursday that an extensive Pentagon study finds there is minimal risk in allowing gays to serve openly.

Here is the tweet:

Story continues below

I fully support the NOH8 campaign and all it stands for and am proud to be a part of it. But I stand by my husband's stance on DADT.less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®Cindy McCain

CindyhM1

Here are some tweet against her.. lol

Ristachio Ris

@CindyhM1: You really need to remove "NOH8" from your face. But please, leave the duct tape on your mouth. And your spawn? Another disgrace.

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Dee Hill Zuganelli

dhillzuganelli Dee Hill Zuganelli

by npproductions94

@CindyhM1: How can you support #NOH8 but back your hubby's position on #DADT? Doesn't that undermine what you've been working hard for?

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Allan, GOPher hunter

ballanross Allan, GOPher hunter

by npproductions94

@CindyhM1 PLS be gracious, withdraw frm NOH8 campaign. U say NOH8 thn Yes DADT. U'v No Idea what U r Doing 2 Us #p2 #gay #dadt #nobutinequal

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Ralph4159

GOPhony Ralph4159

@

@CindyhM1 Your hateful words have caused great pain to lgbt kids. Jesus witnesses those who injure innocent youth with bigotry.

7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

John Gjika

JohnGjika John Gjika

Cindy McCain is happy to support my cause, so long as she doesn't have to support my cause. http://bit.ly/cOIvWG -Yet another McCain letdown

9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Joe Marrazzo

Seppi12 Joe Marrazzo

by budalom

@

@CindyhM1 HUH?!

6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Calindrome Jones

calindrome Calindrome Jones

by budalom

Um. So @CindyhM1's new avatar is supposed to exonerate her from her flip-flopping by implying she's being censored? THIS IS AMERICA. #copout

6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Jake

FeetCandy Jake's Wife

by budalom

@CindyhM1 Your avatar says it all, just remove the NOH8.

4 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

sanford sklansky

sanford943 sanford sklansky

@

@CindyhM1 hypocrite

13 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Jasun Mark

jasunmark Jasun Mark

@

@jheeter25 Sadly, @cindyhm1 was saying that "gay kids kill themselves because they're told they're not equal, and I support that."

21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

budalom

budalom budalom

Clueless RT @CindyhM1 I fully support @NOH8campaign & all it stands for & am proud 2 B part of it. But I stand by my husbands stance on DADT

24 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Patrick Ryanball

patrickryanball Patrick Ryanball

How? @CindyhM1: I support the NOH8 campaign & all it stands for & am proud to be a part of it. But I stand by my husband's stance on DADT.

24 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Patrick Ryanball

patrickryanball Patrick Ryanball

@

@CindyhM1 How? How can you be both? Ridiculous.

27 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

John Kinslow

Proud19 John Kinslow

@

@CindyhM1 HYPOCRITE! guess that comes along with the McCain name huh

32 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Mai Ly

Maimaimaiii Mai Ly

@

@CindyhM1 and how can you even support NOH8, asking for equality in marriage when you don't believe in equality in the armed forces?

34 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

eric l

calsurfer eric l

“@kerrymuzzey: RT @CindyhM1: Spent a lovely day honoring America's greatest generation at Bassingbourn, UK. (cont) http://tl.gd/6v5il6

Obama wants to get rid of the law all together. What the supreme did does not eliminate the law. And his position on DADT never changed..

The thing is Obama was using it to help him get reelected. What the judge did stopped the law and prevent people from being kicked out because they're sexuality was exposed. He should have just let what that judge said stay and support it instead of asking for it to remain in effect right now, because that made those cases that were dropped restart and people are still getting kicked out.

The thing is Obama was using it to help him get reelected. What the judge did stopped the law and prevent people from being kicked out because they're sexuality was exposed. He should have just let what that judge said stay and support it instead of asking for it to remain in effect right now, because that made those cases that were dropped restart and people are still getting kicked out.

All of this would not have happened if it weren't for the people in the Senate...

This is who you should blame..

Arkansas Democratic Sens. Blanche Lincoln and Mark Pryor joined all Republicans in opposing the measure. And neither of Maine's Republican Sens. Susan Collins or Olympia Snowe, who had been the target of a media campaign by Lady Gaga, supported advancing it.

I'm with Henry on this one, and I'm getting tired of Obama acting like a fucking pussy. He needs to grow some balls and stop talking all that shit already!

It's funny how people blame Obama when you have Dems in the Senate and congress that vote against shit like this.

It's funny how people blame Obama when you have Dems in the Senate and congress that vote against shit like this.

Obama was pretty much handed it on a silver platter, though, with the court ruling. But he backed down.

That doesn't absolve the idiocy of some of those in the Senate, but as it turned out, they didn't even end up being necessary.

This is the problem now...you're not going to find a politician standing behind radical beliefs....they are too concerned with being reelected or during campaigns receiving donations from businesses.

That's always the problem, sadly, because of the way our system is set up. It's also sad that such a thing is even considered a radical belief.

Obama was pretty much handed it on a silver platter, though, with the court ruling. But he backed down.

That doesn't absolve the idiocy of some of those in the Senate, but as it turned out, they didn't even end up being necessary.

How did he back down? He can't force those couple of Dems and every last republican to vote his way..

I think his reasoning for backing down are actually really solid. The court was going to be challenged. If gay people in the military start outing themselves and DODT is not repealed because of being challenged at a higher court, many people are going to be subject to the chance that they might get discharged and lose their benefits. Obama wants it repealed the right way so once the matter is dealt with, its dead and can't be brought back up.

How did he back down? He can't force those couple of Dems and every last republican to vote his way..

His backing down had nothing to do with the Senate. It was after that, when the district court ruled it unconstitutional last month, that Obama asked the policy to be re-instated despite the ruling, pending further appeals.

I think his reasoning for backing down are actually really solid. The court was going to be challenged. If gay people in the military start outing themselves and DODT is not repealed because of being challenged at a higher court, many people are going to be subject to the chance that they might get discharged and lose their benefits. Obama wants it repealed the right way so once the matter is dealt with, its dead and can't be brought back up.

It's a good point, but that didn't seem to me to be the way things unfolded - I could be wrong. Basically the only chance it has for repeal anytime soon is through the court system (though even that will take a couple of years at this point, due to the Supreme Court ruling today).

His reasoning was more than proven invalid and didn't hold any weight when that Cabin Party started releasing statements from soldiers...stateside, overseas and on deployments...saying they knew people who were gay fighting on the frontline and didn't care about their sexuality at all. When the judge told them to stop, all the cases and investigations that were going on at the time to discharge people for being gay/bi were dropped, but members were told not to come out because it could possible get repealed even though they had the cards in their hands to keep it from getting repealed. Then Obama says it will mess up the military's readiness if it was removed that soon...bitch give me a fuckin' break. Even though they're now accepting members regardless of their sexuality, those cases and investigations that were dropped have been reactivated. It's basically all smoke and mirrors for him since it was too obvious he was gonna use that next year to better his chances of getting reelected.

All of this would not have happened if it weren't for the people in the Senate...

This is who you should blame..

Arkansas Democratic Sens. Blanche Lincoln and Mark Pryor joined all Republicans in opposing the measure. And neither of Maine's Republican Sens. Susan Collins or Olympia Snowe, who had been the target of a media campaign by Lady Gaga, supported advancing it.

that's why her stupid ass lost her senate seat=FUCK U BLANCHE LINCOLN <_<

His reasoning was more than proven invalid and didn't hold any weight when that Cabin Party started releasing statements from soldiers...stateside, overseas and on deployments...saying they knew people who were gay fighting on the frontline and didn't care about their sexuality at all. When the judge told them to stop, all the cases and investigations that were going on at the time to discharge people for being gay/bi were dropped, but members were told not to come out because it could possible get repealed even though they had the cards in their hands to keep it from getting repealed. Then Obama says it will mess up the military's readiness if it was removed that soon...bitch give me a fuckin' break. Even though they're now accepting members regardless of their sexuality, those cases and investigations that were dropped have been reactivated. It's basically all smoke and mirrors for him since it was too obvious he was gonna use that next year to better his chances of getting reelected.

That wouldn't stop them from discharging someone..