Accent Challenge

bu.

Try it :D! You don't have to record a video...use vocaroo or soundcloud :)

) Your name and username

2) Where you’re from

3) Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, GPOY

4) What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?

5) What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?

6) What do you call gym shoes?

7) What do you call your grandparents?

8) What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?

9) What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

10) Choose a book and read a passage from it

11) Do you think you have an accent?

12) Be a wizard or a vampire?

13) Do you know anyone on Tumblr in real life?

14) End video by saying any THREE words you want

• Upvote 3

:lol: I'm not used to doing this and I have a natural tendency to sound like a cartoon reject when I record - I don't know why. Anyway here it is...

And I got a little carried away at the passage part so just skip ahead to 5:30 if that gets too annoying lol

I AM JEALOUS AS A MOTHERFUCKER, I was going to do a alternate voice to "ask" the questions before I answer it. But hearing you do it I regret not doing it lol. YOU ARE HILARIOUS, I LOVED the cartoon-superhero voice lol, you're good at it :thumbup:

ANNND YOU HAD BACKROUND MUSIC!!! Something else I was gonna do

You're automatically even more awesome to me because you played "If Loving You Is All That I Have To Do" I LOVE THAT SONG SOOOO MUCH!

Jarryl and RedSimba both sounded like they have a lot of fun when they did this. You all have HELLA energy!

Hey you was smilin up a storm too sir lol. Plus you gotta remember its only midnight out here. and Im usually out between around 3-6am so I got plenty of awake in me lol.

I think I said some stuff to fast too, but I'll definitely do a more clear 1 when my throat clears up. Ima pull a Beyonce and be "Inspired" from Simbas LOL

• Upvote 1

I AM JEALOUS AS A MOTHERFUCKER, I was going to do a alternate voice to "ask" the questions before I answer it. But hearing you do it I regret not doing it lol. YOU ARE HILARIOUS, I LOVED the cartoon-superhero voice lol, you're good at it :thumbup:

ANNND YOU HAD BACKROUND MUSIC!!! Something else I was gonna do

You're automatically even more awesome to me because you played "If Loving You Is All That I Have To Do" I LOVE THAT SONG SOOOO MUCH!

Oh wow thank you! :lol: Well I thought yours was really good - especially when you were talking about different voice impressions you do. I was just testing out different speaking styles although I sounded extra-raspy throughout the whole thing. :lol:

Yeah, I was playing my iPod speakers in the background and just left it on shuffle. Thankfully it didn't play any of my recordings as I was making the video :lol:, but yes "I Don't Want to Do Anything" is a great song!

Oh wow thank you! :lol: Well I thought yours was really good - especially when you were talking about different voice impressions you do. I was just testing out different speaking styles although I sounded extra-raspy throughout the whole thing. :lol:

Yeah, I was playing my iPod speakers in the background and just left it on shuffle. Thankfully it didn't play any of my recordings as I was making the video :lol:, but yes "I Don't Want to Do Anything" is a great song!

LOFL WE BOTH SOUNDED RHASPY AS HELL, I think I sound like a fuckin smoker LOL, like my "smokers voice" impression is a more dramatic version of how my voice was for this lol.

YESS and so many people don't know that song lol. 1 of Mary & Kci's best. LOL I call that song like 3 things, cause I can NEVER remember what the name is lol

funny thing, now that yall heard me (and off script, not counting my Jackson Parody voices), and you probably heard how much I laughed inbetween, you all now know I meant every 1 of those many "LOL"s I know it's my most over used phrase, but I do fuckin laugh or smile at seemingly everything.....LOL.

LOFL WE BOTH SOUNDED RHASPY AS HELL, I think I sound like a fuckin smoker LOL, like my "smokers voice" impression is a more dramatic version of how my voice was for this lol.

YESS and so many people don't know that song lol. 1 of Mary & Kci's best. LOL I call that song like 3 things, cause I can NEVER remember what the name is lol

funny thing, now that yall heard me (and off script, not counting my Jackson Parody voices), and you probably heard how much I laughed inbetween, you all now know I meant every 1 of those many "LOL"s I know it's my most over used phrase, but I do fuckin laugh or smile at seemingly everything.....LOL.

With my voice being so thin and airy I have to try and find ways to compensate. :lol:

Yeah at the time I only knew "Real Love" (still my favorite Mary song), "You Remind Me," and "Love No Limit." Once I heard What's The 411 in full, IDWDA was one of the standouts to me.

LOL is easily my most used internet acronym by a long shot as well! :lol:(I rest my case lol)

With my voice being so thin and airy I have to try and find ways to compensate. :lol:

Yeah at the time I only knew "Real Love" (still my favorite Mary song), "You Remind Me," and "Love No Limit." Once I heard What's The 411 in full, IDWDA was one of the standouts to me.

LOL is easily my most used internet acronym by a long shot as well! :lol:(I rest my case lol)

Ah I feel you, I thought you were like me in that you just naturally change tones lol, sometimes I don't even notice, but my mom REALLY is like that and me and my sibblings are because of her, like my mom is the funniest with it because she does not even realize she does it half the time, when she talks to people with southern accents...her voice gradually shifts into 1, when she talks to my Island family members, her voice naturally has a hint of west indies in it lol, AND SHE HAS NO CLUE I LOVE THAT. but around the house me & my siblings would just randomly talk in british accents, or southern, or like air head girls LOL, just complete randomness lol. Shit I was born to improv lol.

Same here, thats how I discovered it as well, from the time of Kci's opening, Im like "...oh this songs hot" lol. Love No Limit's been my fave Mary song for like 10 years now lol.

HA! I NOTICED THAT TOO LOL. My sister bet me $5 I couldnt go a day on FB and texting without typing lol ONCE. I won it but it was so damn harrrd. lol