2012 - Lets Review The Year

EphraimAdamz

You know.... 2012 isn't so bad. One or two hiccups but besides that it's decent. It went by fast though.

- Obama Re-elected :w00t:

- Marijuana Legalized :yahoo:

- Trayvon Martin :(

- Madonna Superbowl :sigh:

- New Billboard Charts :hmph: (Poor Brandy :asham: )

Now 2007, 2008... those were some ratchet years :umm: So much is wrong with 2007. AutoTune in music was introduced and commercialized. "Girl Shake That Laffy Taffy" was #1 on the charts. Many were still using MySpace. It was all about Paris Hilton instead of Kim Kardashian. Britney Spears went crazy. The end of Harry Potter movies, with the introduction of Paranormal Activity movies.

You know.... 2012 isn't so bad. One or two hiccups but besides that it's decent. It went by fast though.

- Obama Re-elected :w00t:

- Marijuana Legalized :yahoo:

- Trayvon Martin :(

- Madonna Superbowl :sigh:

- New Billboard Charts :hmph: (Poor Brandy :asham: )

Now 2007, 2008... those were some ratchet years :umm: So much is wrong with 2007. AutoTune in music was introduced and commercialized. "Girl Shake That Laffy Taffy" was #1 on the charts. Many were still using MySpace. It was all about Paris Hilton instead of Kim Kardashian. Britney Spears went crazy. The end of Harry Potter movies, with the introduction of Paranormal Activity movies.

:umm: The end of the Harry Potter movies was last year....not 07 or 08 :coffee:

The only thing that'd make 2012 the most perfect year of my life is if Janet released a HOTTT new album....and that whole Janet /Jacksons vs. Paris shit didn't happen in July.

Other than that, I moved from Detroit to California, I'm having success as a working actor and making really great networks with celebs I grew up loving and supporting, and re-discovered my love for improv. I went to see the 1st movie I was ever in at the red carpet premiere at Grauman's Chinese theater And it's been the best sexual year of my life thus far lol. Thanks to Tof, Bu, & Reyna I really got into writting and voiceover, something I've been dying to do forever. And I'm just really finding and learning more of myself and what I want and what I'm capable of......and I LOVE IT.

to me NO year was worst than 09, the highlight of that year was Janets performances in the last 4 months of that year. Other than that that year was straight up trash for me in EVERY way.

Media wise 2012 is musically better than 2011, but nowhere near as good as 2010. Movie wise it's been ok, could've been better but there hasn't been a movie that is MY movie of the year. Tho I haven't seen Cloud Atlas yet. But Avengers comes the closest, as of now.

And I'm expecting next year to be better, for me, for music, and for everything.

• Upvote 3

Overall I think it was a little weak in terms of music but as I've always I've come through it with a bunch of favourites.

I agree, 2007 was atrocious.

Thats because your standard career span has gotten slimmer and slimmer :asham:

So many have came and went since then...

-Pussycat Dolls

-Danity Kane

-Day 26

-Cassy

-Lumidee

-Kat Deluna

-Estelle

-Remy Ma

-Lil Mama

And that's just a few

2012 started out as my biggest heartbreak since 2009. Losing Whitney...damn it hurts to even think about even now. I loved Whitney. I truly did and always will.

The rest of the year has been alright. Graduating and going on to college. College in general is awesome. This college is a little, eh, but it's bearable. I'm still getting my transfer apps ready to be sent out right after semester exams, though. -_-

I've gone to the movies a little more than I have in the past yet haven't kept up with music like I'd like to have, but from what I can tell I haven't missed much. -_- Haven't gone to many concerts either but that's changing next year. This was a great year on the Book side of things, though. :P Book #2 of a trilogy I'm practically in love with now released in May and waiting for Book #3 possibly next fall is going to drive me nuts :rolleyes: #NerdMoment #Sorry -_- Saw the midnight premiere of Avengers, though. That was awesome! :thumbup:

Then of course I can't mention 2012 without the whole Neo Jackson 5 vs The Estate and Michael's kids drama. *sigh* That was...wow. Didn't see it.....well, yeah I did see it coming but not with Janet a part of it. The kids, either. That made it even more insane. Neither side is for backing down so I can see this spilling over into 2013. Goodness knows what's gonna happen then.

Overall, 2012 has been up and down and then flatlined in some places, so it was just here. I look forward to 2013, personally and in other ways. Hopefully it brings much better things.

• Upvote 2

2012 started out as my biggest heartbreak since 2009. Losing Whitney...damn it hurts to even think about even now. I loved Whitney. I truly did and always will.

The rest of the year has been alright. Graduating and going on to college. College in general is awesome. This college is a little, eh, but it's bearable. I'm still getting my transfer apps ready to be sent out right after semester exams, though. -_-

I've gone to the movies a little more than I have in the past yet haven't kept up with music like I'd like to have, but from what I can tell I haven't missed much. -_- Haven't gone to many concerts either but that's changing next year. This was a great year on the Book side of things, though. :P Book #2 of a trilogy I'm practically in love with now released in May and waiting for Book #3 possibly next fall is going to drive me nuts :rolleyes: #NerdMoment #Sorry -_- Saw the midnight premiere of Avengers, though. That was awesome! :thumbup:

Then of course I can't mention 2012 without the whole Neo Jackson 5 vs The Estate and Michael's kids drama. *sigh* That was...wow. Didn't see it.....well, yeah I did see it coming but not with Janet a part of it. The kids, either. That made it even more insane. Neither side is for backing down so I can see this spilling over into 2013. Goodness knows what's gonna happen then.

Overall, 2012 has been up and down and then flatlined in some places, so it was just here. I look forward to 2013, personally and in other ways. Hopefully it brings much better things.

Yea Whitney's death is also apart of the downs of 2012, Thats the only celeb death that hit me harder than Michael.....because I met her, I looked in her eyes, and I got a hug & kiss from her..............yea, I still don't like to talk about it too much

Oh and that Jacksons drama............. I wanted nothing to do with any of them for like a week, lol, I didn't/don't know who was right or wrong, I pretty much chop it up to lack of comunication on both sides....and Janet was in it..........I hate it and I hate that its not done.

But enough about that drama (god knows we gon be talkin bout it a plenty in 2013, or at least you all will and I'll observe and quietly pick sides but verbally remain neutral lol) I'm glad your 2012 had alot of growth too.

Let me do this properly.

You all know what I went through as I made a 'Fuck 2012' thread before -_-

Loss of grandparents, loss of cousins child, loss of friends, disintegreation of friendships, family drama. It all got too much.

I'm actually glad some of the celeb shit that happened (like Jackson drama) did - it was a welcome distraction tbh. Whitney isn't included in that though.

As far as I'm concerned now - I feel absolutely ELATED! Like ok my life isn't where I want it to be right now but I feel like I've finally got the balls, energy and confidence to WORK for what I want. I'm taking baby steps but each sted forward is a step closer to my happiness. I have every reason to be optimistic and I just love life. Better days and all that :D

• Upvote 1

Let me do this properly.

You all know what I went through as I made a 'Fuck 2012' thread before -_-

Loss of grandparents, loss of cousins child, loss of friends, disintegreation of friendships, family drama. It all got too much.

I'm actually glad some of the celeb shit that happened (like Jackson drama) did - it was a welcome distraction tbh. Whitney isn't included in that though.

As far as I'm concerned now - I feel absolutely ELATED! Like ok my life isn't where I want it to be right now but I feel like I've finally got the balls, energy and confidence to WORK for what I want. I'm taking baby steps but each sted forward is a step closer to my happiness. I have every reason to be optimistic and I just love life. Better days and all that :D

THATS MA MUTHA FUCKIN BU!!!!!!!!!!! YAS PROUD OF YA, Yes I know 2012 took alot from you, but you can look at it like it gave you alot of strength too because you got up and kept living and keep going, that alone is so important and takes so much when we feel defeated, getting right back up can be the hardest part. But you did, and I LOVE that you recognize what you want for you and your life THATS HOW WE DO, thats huge, like when you listen to your heart, and dont put other peoples limitations on your life, the possibilities are ENDLESS, LegendBU, you betta preach that Holy word, HALLELUJAH! iyanla-knows-baby.gif

• Upvote 1

Yes. I went through The Velvet Rope I tell ya. But I feel like everything will be ok. It's a Brand New Me and I'm unapologetic for it -_-

LOL at that gif!!!!!!

YAS!! Thats how you do it, you gotta be your true self its what you owe us and the world, and if someone don't like it, fuck em, (they probably jus jealous anyway). Ah that Velvet Rope, it got me out of my personal funkfest of 09, (well it was apart of it, there were a few factors)

LOL YES, I will always say the smartest thing Oprah ever did for that network is bring in IYANLA VANZANT!!! Forget Iyanla fix my life, Oprah said Iyanla fix ma rattings! And Vangodzant, did lol. And she has sooooo many gif worthy moments....and her mouth reads truth & life like it's a kid story lol I LOVE THAT WOMEN

Hell Im waiting for ma next fight so I can have an excuse to use this bad boy (my FAVE Iyanla gif):NOT ON MY WATCH!!!! not-on-my-watch.gif

LOL! I need to watch that show!!!

YOU WOULD LOVE IT BU, and I know how you & Rey are about Big O, but her show aint a thang about Oprah except the network, but she READS TRUTH, she can practically read yo life story with how you say "hello" to her (not literally but basically....she's the SHIT). And I know you well enough to know that with alot of stuff and advise and truth she says, it will pullllllllllllllllllllllll on some emotions, things you thought you moved past, shoot she got me, she GETS me every episode IM HOOKED. LOL, SHE WILL BREAK YOU DOWN TO THE ROOTS, And then build you up to be even stronger lol. Shit I couldn't be a camera man on that show, I'd have to stop and get some tissue too damn much.

Oh i like Oprah now - ever since she got the knockback she needed with the flopping ratings I've felt like she knows she's not the shit she thought she was LOL.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH THAT MAKES ME HAPPY, AND YES! Like no secret but I loved her for years, but when she sat down and said that that struggle in the beginning with those rattings MADE HER HAVE TO CHECK HER OWN EGO!!! YAASSS I didn't think she could admit that....on camera lol, but she did AND SHE TOLD IYANLA THIS NETWORK NEEEEEEEEEDED YOU LOL cause it did lol. I gotta find a way to get you to see episodes of this show lol.

LOOK HOW IYANLA BREAKS THIS WOMEN DOWN TO THE CORE!

2012 has been an interesting year...a year of progression.

I feel more responsible, aware, and stable. I love myself much more and I don't care what others think of me. Although I don't like my job, it's done me well financially. Had some let downs in the romantic department, but I'm still learning. I've volunteered a lot of my time and received many rewards because of it. I'd like to travel more, spend time with friends, and indulge in my hobbies more, maybe even pick up a new one. Can't wait to return to school!

I spent a lot of my time discovering entertainment from the 70s to the 00s, so I wasn't 100% invested in this year. I looked a lot to the past.

When it comes to music, Rihanna owned 2012 for me. I'm also here for Frank Ocean and Miguel who killed with great music. Losing Whitney was the toughest thing music dealt with. There were too many great singles I enjoyed, more than last year. I also discovered the "Wobble", that's got my heart! :)

When it comes to movies, I went to the theaters more than usual and I'd have to say Twilight Breaking Dawn 2 is the most fun I've had. Magic Mike was the biggest disappointment. I have to catch up on my Bollywood and South Indian movies big time, as well as other foreign language films.

TV did it big this year. Scandal and The Braxton Family Values, yasssss! I also enjoyed Grey's Anatomy, Hollywood Exes, South Beach Tow, Oprah's Next Chapter, Million Dollar Listing, The Layover, and The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Basketball Wives is an absolute train wreck. There wasn't one award show that I enjoyed completely, they were all pretty boring.

My favorite blogger of the year is Funky Dineva and my favorite viral video is the Jamaican Radio Host 2Lips on Collabo Uncut. "Yuh know how fi mek di pussy quint?" *dead*

As always, most Janet fans have been selfish this year. She gave us 2 great talk show appearances and an absolute slayfest of commercials and photo shoots. Not to forget the now iconic "Don't let them pls" text message. She is God...and she does what she wants to. You WILL get it over and accept it with a shmile!

• Upvote 1

2011 > 2012 but it was still a pretty good year to me.

Starting with the minuses. It felt like everyone was leaving us this year; there was just so many tragic losses: Don Cornelius, Whitney Houston, Donna Summer, Dick Clark, Adam Youch, Michael Clarke Duncan... And of course Trayvon Martin and the Aurora shootings... really horrible.

On the plus side... Obama being re-elected was probably my favorite moment! Oh yeah, Shanice started following me on Twitter at the beginning of the year. ^_^ For me personally, I got to play violin for a local musical, traveled with my family, and attended my first hip-hop concert (Rock The Bells).

This year in music, my favorite artists from "my generation" were Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, Miguel and Elle Varner. I also enjoyed veteran Nas's return, Brandy was good too, and of course Mariah with "Triumphant" and "Bring It On Home." However, I REALLY miss Janet though (I swear Wissam's holding her hostage from the studio <_<:lol:)...

2012 wound up being one of the best years of my life, personally. Out of nowhere, I gained a big ol' group of friends (one of them, coined us "the Cray Cray Crew" when she was drunk :asham: haha) started going out to the clubs meeting new, cool people each and every night, got a promotion at my job, started letting maturity take the wheel and began to repair the broken relationship I had with my Dad, and i feel like I've become a better vocalist than i ever have in the past...I'm heading out to Seattle and trying out for 'America's Got Talent' next week, and I'm feeling very confident :)

Music, as a whole, was wack yet again. HOWEVER, there have been some EXCELLENT music released here and there throughout the year, and for once in the past 2 or 3 years, I have high hopes for the direction that music may take. Great stuff has come from Miguel, The Weeknd, Frank Ocean, Rihanna, Mary J., Estelle, Kanye, Maroon 5, Bruno, etc. -- I say, BRING IT ONNNN! :excited:

Obviously the loss of Whitney was horrible -_- and so was the loss of my girl Phyllis Diller among many more.

There have been 2 more additions to my fam bam, another niece and another nephew :D

The Prez was re-elected! :thumbup:

Serena Williams DOMINATED the last half of the tennis season and The San Francisco 49ers & NY Knicks are off to BADASS starts to their seasons :yahoo:

Television was GREAT -- re-discovered the brilliance that is "Arrested Development", fell in love with Reality TV again ("Survivor", "Mama Drama", "Bad Girls Club 9" :asham:), Ashley Judd's "Missing" was bananas!

And I'm finally optimistic about where I'm at and where I plan on seeing myself being next year...I cannot tell you when I have last felt like this at the end of a year.

2012 has been a major improvement for me, I definitely dug it! :w00t:

• Upvote 1