27 Dead Including Shooter, 20 Children 7 adults

Bailey

whether folks like it or not gun laws will be looked at and quite possibly changed, its been in discussion for a long time. The timing of this tragedy and the media coverage gives leverage to politicians that want gun laws changed, no one will convince me anyone needs an assault rifle that can shoot off 50 rounds NO ONE. I also wonder how often this kinda thing happens outside the US, its like something here is wrong with our kids and we need to do something about it, if you need counseling you get it, you don't shoot up a school, what the fuck was wrong with his crazy ass?

You can if you lock them away in a safe.

that's one opinion... that doesn't stop a 20 year old from finding/having a key

whether folks like it or not gun laws will be looked at and quite possibly changed, its been in discussion for a long time. The timing of this tragedy and the media coverage gives leverage to politicians that want gun laws changed, no one will convince me anyone needs an assault rifle that can shoot off 50 rounds NO ONE. I also wonder how often this kinda thing happens outside the US, its like something here is wrong with our kids and we need to do something about it, if you need counseling you get it, you don't shoot up a school, what the fuck was wrong with his crazy ass?

In 2010, Derrick Bird of the UK went on a killing spree in Copeland, England.. Killed 12 people

In 2009 Tim Kretschmer killed 16 people in Winnenden, Germany... That was a school shoot out

there's more.. but they're mostly from 10+ years ago

that's one opinion... that doesn't stop a 20 year old from finding/having a key

In 2010, Derrick Bird of the UK went on a killing spree in Copeland, England.. Killed 12 people

In 2009 Tim Kretschmer killed 16 people in Winnenden, Germany... That was a school shoot out

there's more.. but they're mostly from 10+ years ago

we have shootings like this more than once a year :blink:

He wasn't a child.. He was 20

A kid couldn't pick it up, let alone shot it. The example you gave was handguns and other small guns that kids find in their parents room. Should we ban those too? No.

Yeah.. That's what country people do.. They teach their kids how to defend themselves early.. Nothing wrong with that. Millions of adults learned how to fire a weapon at an early age. Autistic or not.. They have perfectly fine at handling a firearm

Another kid in Kanas probably has the same situation going on... Your math is flawed with anger.

A child at one point who grew up around the guns, knew where they were, and when grown could do even worse with them.

An older child/teen would be able to handle it enough to do some damage. Will they be accurate? of course not. That's how the problem happens.

They.don't.need.military-grade.weaponry. No regular citizen does and you can't convince me otherwise. A small handgun for self-defense? Sure. But an assault rifle like that? Unless the military is planning to storm your door any moment(which these people often think), you don't need that kind of gun. No-one does.

No, it's the obvious truth whether you like it or not.

yeah.. we also have a law that allows us to have firearms.. What's your point?

Turn on your news and have a seat :coffee: all of this anti-debate you did is moot now, Obama is planning on doing what most of us here have already said, a 2nd amendment right doesn't mean you have the right to an arsenal

Turn on your news and have a seat :coffee: all of this anti-debate you did is moot now, Obama is planning on doing what most of us here have already said, a 2nd amendment right doesn't mean you have the right to an arsenal

I'm not anti-debating :blink: I'm just using logic beyond this "scare-tactic" approach you all seem to have.

And Actually the 2nd amendment doesn't say we, the people, can't.. Soooo you kinda failed there

• Upvote 1

I'm not anti-debating :blink: I'm just using logic beyond this "scare-tactic" approach you all seem to have.

And Actually the 2nd amendment doesn't say we, the people, can't.. Soooo you kinda failed there

I didn't fail at all many Supreme court Justices have long argued the constitution is a living breathing document that is evolving, just because it does not state something doesn't mean it shouldn't and for the things it does state doesn't mean they apply to our times. The Constitution was written when we wanted to break from Britain and needed firearms to do so, the shit today folks are up to does not apply. Not a fail here, esp when half the thread posters are telling you the same damn thing

u guys are forgetting that even the freedom of speech has its limits :coffee:

http://www.huffingto..._b_2332088.html

A gun in the house minimally doubles the risk that a household member will kill himself or herself. (Some studies put the increase in suicide risk as high as 10 times.) An American is 50% more likely to be shot dead by his or her own hand than to be shot dead by a criminal assailant. More than 30,000 Americans injure themselves with guns every year.

In a first-of its-kind study, epidemiologists at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine found that, on average, guns did not protect those who possessed them from being shot in an assault. The study estimated that people with a gun were 4.5 times more likely to be shot in an assault than those not possessing a gun.

Author David Hemenway studied the various risks of having a gun in the home, including accidents, suicide, homicide, and intimidation. Additionally, the benefits of having a firearm in a household were also examined and those benefits included deterrence, and thwarting crimes (self-defense). From this in-depth look, it was concluded that homes with guns were not safer or deter more crime than those that do not. In fact, it was found that in homes with children or women, the health risks were even greater. "Whereas most men are murdered away from home," wrote Hemenway. "Most children, older adults, and women are murdered at home. A gun in the home is a particularly strong risk factor for female homicide victimization."

Violent crime and gun-related deaths did not come to an end in Australia, of course. But as the Washington Post's Wonkblog pointed out in August, homicides by firearm plunged 59 percent between 1995 and 2006, with no corresponding increase in non-firearm-related homicides. The drop in suicides by gun was even steeper: 65 percent. Studies found a close correlation between the sharp declines and the gun buybacks. Robberies involving a firearm also dropped significantly. Meanwhile, home invasions did not increase, contrary to fears that firearm ownership is needed to deter such crimes. But here's the most stunning statistic. In the decade before the Port Arthur massacre, there had been 11 mass shootings in the country. There hasn't been a single one in Australia since.

I didn't fail at all many Supreme court Justices have long argued the constitution is a living breathing document that is evolving, just because it does not state something doesn't mean it shouldn't and for the things it does state doesn't mean they apply to our times. The Constitution was written when we wanted to break from Britain and needed firearms to do so, the shit today folks are up to does not apply. Not a fail here, esp when half the thread posters are telling you the same damn thing

Whoa! Lets read the 2nd Amendment before you go paragraph crazy... It does NOT state the kind of guns Americans can own... Therefore, based off that... Right now, I can own any gun on the market..

Doesn't matter when it was written.. just matters how is it relevant to today's standards.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

For any action to be done.. the Senate & House of Rep MUST amend it... 2/3 (two-thirds) of each House... but wait there's more....

also, 2/3 (two-thirds) of the States (33 states) must vote for an amend for it to be legalized... With only 50% of the country saying assault weapons should become banned... I don't think you and the rest of you have the support... at least not yet

I'm a firm believer of the Constitution. I love it.. I love the process... I don't think people should own these types of weapons... I wouldn't do so myself... but the Constitution says otherwise..

Did you just get botox hun? :coffee:

NO but i should box upside yo head negro, anyway back to Game and his punk ass, so I guess the 2nd amendment since it says arms and not guns means I have a legal right to own a rocket grenade launcher too, or how about a flame thrower? I should also have the right to explosives

NO but i should box upside yo head negro, anyway back to Game and his punk ass, so I guess the 2nd amendment since it says arms and not guns means I have a legal right to own a rocket grenade launcher too, or how about a flame thrower? I should also have the right to explosives

You're not being logical... "Arms" are guns.. FireARMS

what you named aren't firearms

Quit reaching... The text is plain as day... Only an idiot would compare a flamethrower to a firearm