Diana Ross Causes Scene At Beverly Hills Restaurant

lexus97

r-DIANA-ROSS-RESTAURANT-large570.jpg?6

DIVA MISS ROSS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SEATED IMMEDIATELY :hmph:

The diva strikes back.

Never one to shy away from dramatics, former Supremes headliner Diana Ross caused a scene in a Beverly Hills restaurant last Thursday after she was told she would have to wait to be seated.

Ross arrived at upscale Italian eatery La Scala to have lunch with her daughter when she was told the restaurant does not seat anyone without a reservation until the entire party has arrived. Because Ross showed up ahead of her daughter, she was asked to wait. She declined and marched on to a corner booth anyway, according to the New York Post.

The Post reports that management walked over to discuss the restaurant's seating policies with the singer, telling Ross that she would not be served if she didn't wait for her daughter to arrive. Naturally, Ross refused to move and a scene ensued once her daughter did show up, with both women eventually storming out of the restaurant.

“I’m sorry that Ms. Ross had a problem with that and she feels that the rules didn’t apply to her," La Scala owner Gigi Leon told the Post. "Our policy is that we don’t sit incomplete parties. If people jump the line, our policy is we don’t serve them, and she was told that. We treat everyone the same, whether you’re famous or not. We love having her as a customer. We’d be happy to have her back.”

Miss Ross was wrong for making a scene. That wasn't the way to handle it. However, their policy is stupid. Its very common for some people in a particular party to get their earlier than others, so why not offer them a seat at the table, or at least the bar. Especially a party of only two.

• Upvote 3

Miss Ross was wrong for making a scene. That wasn't the way to handle it. However, their policy is stupid. Its very common for some people in a particular party to get their earlier than others, so why not offer them a seat at the table, or at least the bar. Especially a party of only two.

:yep:

I have a feeling it's one of those restaurants that if you're a "big name" and "hot" at that moment (in terms of celebrity) they would've made an exception... which is probably why Diana reacted the way she did. They were shady to a legend. I'm not here for it... and I don't care if Diana went into diva mode! GO OFF DIANA!!! lol

• Upvote 2

I don't see the fuss, plenty of folks go out to eat and meet up but dont arrive at once, I could see waiting to take orders beyond appetizers being put on hold but damn thats Miss Ross

Exactly. I've gone out to eat plenty of times, and there was never a problem with some of us being seated, and the rest of our party joining once they arrived.

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling it's one of those restaurants that if you're a "big name" and "hot" at that moment (in terms of celebrity) they would've made an exception... which is probably why Diana reacted the way she did. They were shady to a legend. I'm not here for it... and I don't care if Diana went into diva mode! GO OFF DIANA!!! lol

yesssssss lol

She's Miss Diana Ross. She was the 60s, 70s and 80s - and inspired the 90s and 00s. Fuck you La Scala

THIS!!!!

She created the blueprint for the modern day diva who WILL be respected! Especially for women of color.

I gonna need "La Scala" to have the seats they wouldn't give Miss Ross. :hmph:

• Upvote 1

:umm: at the responses...

Just because she's a music legend doesn't mean she's above the rules of small businesses...

HOWEVER.. the business handled it poorly.. bad publicity.. bad guest service... i'm sure Diana carries a lot of weight in that city... and you want to piss her off? Umm no...

what's the new screen name mean Norman? ....anyway I want to step out and disagree with you here, I think if it were say Barbara or Celine they would have hurried up but because its just that black woman from that Motown group oh well, you can be out of the spot light career high been came and gone but as long as you are of a certain background the respect remains with others not the same. Madonna I was just thinking about, she can't sell shit but concert tickets, she can't move albums can't secure chart spots can't do movies yet I bet she would have gotten a seat real quick

what's the new screen name mean Norman?

....anyway I want to step out and disagree with you here, I think if it were say Barbara or Celine they would have hurried up but because its just that black woman from that Motown group oh well, you can be out of the spot light career high been came and gone but as long as you are of a certain background the respect remains with others not the same. Madonna I was just thinking about, she can't sell shit but concert tickets, she can't move albums can't secure chart spots can't do movies yet I bet she would have gotten a seat real quick

go to TRUE YOU forum to find out in the STATE OF THE XXV ADDRESS under my thread

You playing the race card :shifty: So you think this is Rosa Parks pt. 430... lol Could be.. I hope that's not the reason and it's just solely based on policy... I just hope you're wrong -_-

go to TRUE YOU forum to find out in the STATE OF THE XXV ADDRESS under my thread

You playing the race card :shifty: So you think this is Rosa Parks pt. 430... lol Could be.. I hope that's not the reason and it's just solely based on policy... I just hope you're wrong -_-

I would hope I was wrong too, but I happen to think that for whatever reason opinions be damned, Black celebs when they age out the main stream media tend to not be treated the same as White celebs you could be Liza Minallei or whatever her name is and probably get a table in that place. I couldn't take Hollywood its too plastic and nowhere near down to Earth like someone said it was probably a popular spot to go and they pick and choose who can come like a club

I would hope I was wrong too, but I happen to think that for whatever reason opinions be damned, Black celebs when they age out the main stream media tend to not be treated the same as White celebs you could be Liza Minallei or whatever her name is and probably get a table in that place. I couldn't take Hollywood its too plastic and nowhere near down to Earth like someone said it was probably a popular spot to go and they pick and choose who can come like a club

Never really noticed that, but that is quite true.

']

Yeah I don't like LA or Cali... I felt outta place when I went... Too materialistic..

I rarely agree with you, but you just nailed LA in one sentence. I grew up there and felt out of place most of my young life. When I moved away at 17 It felt as though the clouds had been lifted and I had clarity. Visually Los Angeles is beautiful, but only on the outskirts of town like Malibu, hollywood, the canyons and Beverly hills. Centrally its an urban jungle and not so great. And the people leave a lot to be desired.