The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

The epic second week drop speaks for itself. :coffee:

Folks can go back and forth about it till the cows come home but the album is not doing well. And her singles are not being played. It is what it is. :coffee:

depends in the gay clubs they spin that bitch u betta ask somebody.....I can't wait for the tour though bitch betta knock my socks off. :clapping:

Explain how Madonna sold so much more albums than Janet in the 90's yet Janet came in at no.2 behind Mariah for best selling artist of the 90s according to BILLBOARD? Sounds kinda fishy

Artist Of The Decade isn't determined by album sales alone. It's a complex points system based on stats from the Billboard 200 Albums and the Hot 100 charts combined. Janet had some amazing longevity with her singles in the '90s, and rightly so.

• Upvote 1

depends in the gay clubs they spin that bitch u betta ask somebody.....I can't wait for the tour though bitch betta knock my socks off. :clapping:

But are those clubs making impressions at radio? :whistle:

I mean, how do you go from selling 345,000 week one, to selling 22,000 by week three? So yeah, she's not doing well right now.

HA!

Madonna vs. Janet never gets old. :rolleyes: Im just waiting for the race card to be played, thats when the real magic begins. :dance:

It's already been played in here, idrag4mj said it.

This thread is just full of excuses... It's terribly sad to watch desperate, delusional and insecure people grasping at straws... Blindfolded with their hands behind their backs -_-

If u want to debate janets artistic merit or talent vs Madonna, fine, but you can't debate facts. Madonna has sold more, period

• Upvote 2

Actually, she can. "Celebration" didnt have any tickets that came with the album, & that album sold more than Janets last :lol:

Check my reply to the comment below...

Um you do know it only sold 267,000 copies right? Last I checked "Discipline" is well above that :)

Which only further proves what I said earlier, in the states they are virtually in the same boat...which is truly remarkable considering the industry politics that have blocked Janet's recent efforts.. :whistle:

Thank you, HoeHoe! :excited::excited: :excited: :excited:

She sold over 370,000+ just in the U.K. Oh, Its more :lol:

ok 370,000

+267,000

which is hardly more than Discipline like I said

Artist Of The Decade isn't determined by album sales alone. It's a complex points system based on stats from the Billboard 200 Albums and the Hot 100 charts combined. Janet had some amazing longevity with her singles in the '90s, and rightly so.

Well Billboard said sales so looks like Janet won which also leads to question once again how do these people think Janet wouldn't of been on par with Madonna or at around 200 million albums sold had she released like Madonna :filenails:

Janet's last album was Number Ones, not Discipline.

yeah which was an agreement and done by EMI and Universal Music. They can do whatever they want with her music

Well Billboard said sales so looks like Janet won which also leads to question once again how do these people think Janet wouldn't of been on par with Madonna or at around 200 millions albums sold had she released like Madonna :filenails:

yeah which was an agreement and done by EMI and Universal Music. They can do whatever they want with her music

Where did they say sales alone? The point is SHE DIDN'T and that's why you have people laughing and commenting that you're grasping at straws. Twistedidiot's original comment is what started this mess. He said the only reason Madonna has sold more is because she released more. What kind of backwards sore loser shit is that? Were people not supposed to buy the albums she put out? It's just another embarrassing attempt for a Janet stan to get one up on Madonna. And yeah it's a Janet board and her star should be protected, but surely you guys must long for reality at times.

What does that have to do with anything? :huh: You were comparing a compilation album from Madonna to a studio album from Janet. It should be like for like.

:clapping: I remember an interview with En Vogue on tv and they was like "on the radio you can't escape hearing Janet Jackson for the 50th time in a row" I was like hate is not cute. :rolleyes:

Where did they say sales alone? The point is SHE DIDN'T and that's why you have people laughing and commenting that you're grasping at straws. Twistedidiot's original comment is what started this mess. He said the only reason Madonna has sold more is because she released more. What kind of backwards sore loser shit is that? Were people not supposed to buy the albums she put out? It's just another embarrassing attempt for a Janet stan to get one up on Madonna. And yeah it's a Janet board and her star should be protected, but surely you guys must long for reality at times.

What does that have to do with anything? :huh: You were comparing a compilation album from Madonna to a studio album from Janet. It should be like for like.

stops reading right dur .....*DEAD* :lmao:

:clapping: I remember an interview with En Vogue on tv and they was like "on the radio you can't escape hearing Janet Jackson for the 50th time in a row" I was like hate is not cute. :rolleyes:

LOL HEY NOW, all the ladies of EV stan for Janet lol, Im sure they meant it in a fun way lol :lol:

Only I'd come into a Madge thread to defend EV lol, them ma girls lol, now let the argument continue, Im enjoying it.....it's going nowhere, but hey its entertainin the hell outta me lol. :coffee:

They were pressed? :lol:

that's how the hell it came off in the interview and they had these little side eye looks after the comment, I was a serious Janet stan so you couldn't say nothing bad about miss Janet without me remembering. Back in the day on the MissJanet board I was made because Kathy Lee said Janet had no class for wearing her "Pervert 2" shirt in 1996 ....I cussed about it and the Miss Janet gurls were so prissy, they were mad I cussed. :asham:

LOL HEY NOW, all the ladies of EV stan for Janet lol, Im sure they meant it in a fun way lol :lol:

Only I'd come into a Madge thread to defend EV lol, them ma girls lol, now let the argument continue, Im enjoying it.....it's going nowhere, but hey its entertainin the hell outta me lol. :coffee:

:rolleyes:

that's how the hell it came off in the interview and they had these little side eye looks after the comment, I was a serious Janet stan so you couldn't say nothing bad about miss Janet without me remembering. Back in the day on the MissJanet board I was made because Kathy Lee said Janet had no class for wearing her "Pervert 2" shirt in 1996 ....I cussed about it and the Miss Janet gurls were so prissy, they were mad I cussed. :asham:

:lol:

:rolleyes:

FOR REAL LOL, Dawn has posted Janet pics and videos on her FB, and she was saying she remembers when Janet came out with a new video, all 4 girls would watch and learn together lol, and that they always rooted for her, and gave her love, and she did the same for them, and always said how much she loved them when they would see each other. Hell Dawn even went on to say Control is 1 of her fave songs in the planet. So I gotta trust/hope there was love-shade at the most with that comment lol

FOR REAL LOL, Dawn has posted Janet pics and videos on her FB, and she was saying she remembers when Janet came out with a new video, all 4 girls would watch and learn together lol, and that they always rooted for her, and gave her love, and she did the same for them, and always said how much she loved them when they would see each other. Hell Dawn even went on to say Control is 1 of her fave songs in the planet. So I gotta trust/hope there was love-shade at the most with that comment lol

oh okay maybe they were just having a bad management day I mean they did have a lot of hits but were still riding in hoopties I remember that so sad. :sigh:

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Yesssss I didn't know they stanned for Janet!!

Makes me love them even more. :blush: