The Official Robin Thicke Thread

HollyHood

The very idea of dragging Robin, Pharrell and/or T.I., who are all happily married men with happily married wives, through the mud as some of the biggest advocates for degrading women deserves only laughter in response. People look for anything to criticise, and of course your run-of-the-mill bandwagon jumpers are quick to take it and run with it.

LOL exactly. Now Rick Ross' big ass took it too far!

Lets not.. Double standard..

Leave Janet out of this... Her classic will outlive this song..

I'm over it.. Y'all still talking about it.. I guess there's nothing else to talk about

LOFL in other words, truth was spoken, and yea Janet can be referenced, cause it was a mockery of how incredibly stupid the argument is, but again, it's not really getting a ton of steam....while the song itself keeps getting more popular, praise & success :yep:

LOFL yea........because the song keeps going up in success the supporters are supposed to stop talking about it LOFL,

BettySometimeslifejustisntfair-vi.gif

I think it's shame "they're" coming for this song for advocating whatever they claim it is when there's hundreds of songs and videos out there with just as much if not more 'innuendo' in it. A lot of songs a sexualised...it's nothing new or shocking.

• Upvote 1

All this faux outrage everywhere. The video was directed by a woman BTW. :lol:

Nobody cared for it and ppl were calling it tacky when the song was released and was deamed a flop, but as soon as it became a global hit ppl started to say shit ...

It's at a 4th week at #1. I'm going to be honest I'm dumbfounded as to how well this song has done. I am not a Robin 'fan' tbh - I enjoy some of his songs but this is actually pretty impressive. I find it funny how the UK's biggest 2013 singles both have Pharell on them. I'm looking forward to this album mainly due to Pharell producing it.

#1 song, 3 weeks in a row, now that everyone knows King Robin they don't want to let him go!

I wish he'd push up the release date, like if his album were coming out next week it'd be great timing. But whatev, I just cant wait I know it's gonna be great.

#1 song, 3 weeks in a row, now that everyone knows King Robin they don't want to let him go!

I wish he'd push up the release date, like if his album were coming out next week it'd be great timing. But whatev, I just cant wait I know it's gonna be great.

:umm: no one has ever called him that or ever will

XAxaV_zps5f72da31.gif

this is why I can't stand stans... especially stans of the lessor... he has one hit song this decade and all of a sudden he's the "king"...

I made my "drunk" toast... now enjoy your party while it lasts :umm:

You called JT a king even before his 2nd album which was just released that currently nobody is even remembering :)

XAxaV_zps5f72da31.gif

this is why I can't stand stans... especially stans of the lessor... he has one hit song this decade and all of a sudden he's the "king"...

I made my "drunk" toast... now enjoy your party while it lasts :umm:

Well I don't see what Justin stans have to do with this but OK...I guess we agree I cant stand them either. But he was the king of making soul music in the last 10 years without the sales & recognition, he's that good because he's that good.

Aw thank you, we will, here's to as of now the most successful song by a male R&B singer of 2013,

XtinaAndIllDrinkToThat-vi.gif

You called JT a king even before his 2nd album which was just released that currently nobody is even remembering :)

:blink:

1) I didn't call JT King before his 2nd album... I didn't even like JT's 2nd album until after the release... And I only listened to his first bc Janet endorsed it

2) No one remembers it? Yet people are purchasing his concert tickets... How's Robin's tour coming? oh ok..

Well I don't see what Justin stans have to do with this but OK...I guess we agree I cant stand them either. But he was the king of making soul music in the last 10 years without the sales & recognition, he's that good because he's that good.

Aw thank you, we will, here's to as of now the most successful song by a male R&B singer of 2013,

JT isn't a lessor.. his entire first, 2nd, or third albums outsold Robin's entire discography separately...

wow.. such an achievement!

Because sales are the only way to be truly accomplished and relevant as an artist. Ch...

Oh I forgot his countless awards and countless critics beaming at his albums... you mad bro?

Did I forget his successful tours?

but true success comes from the public... if people are dishing out 9-12$ for your album.. you're doing something right

MJ and other legends didn't get where they were for being "critically acclaimed"... they backed it up with sales.. Robin.. not so much ;) xoxo