You'll Never Find A Love Like Mine appreciation/discussion

jarrylf

OK, so this song was ALWAYS my most favorite song (sometimes Tied with Don't Mess Up This Good Thing) on the 1st album, but I havent listened to songs from the 1st alum (specifically) in a LONG time, and I found myself listening to it again, but with You'll Never Find, I found myself rewinding & listening to it over & over. I can safely say it's 1 of my favorite vocal Janet songs

Seriously listen to her tone and range in the 2nd verse, like she goes high & low so effortlessly. Like her vocals are great throughout the song, but its that 2nd verse (specifically I love how rich & full her voice is when she says "Once you leave" then how sweet and breathy it is when she says "it's hard to get back, Don't drag me away I know that we can make it" then it's heavy again when she says "I beg you to stay" I LOVE THAT!!!

Anybody else notice the great her vocals is on this song or like this song in general?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLeZDYKU99k

I got my physical copy in 2002, I was SOOOOO shocked to see it @ BestBuy, I was SOOOO obsessed with JJ & DS when I didn't own them because they werent available, and I had no clue how either album sounded at all, and when I got both I LOVED both, which I didn't expect, like it's not her best work by far, but I dont think either album deserves the reputation they have, like they could've flopped...but so hard...I think both albums have gems on them.

I got my physical copy in 2002, I was SOOOOO shocked to see it @ BestBuy, I was SOOOO obsessed with JJ & DS when I didn't own them because they werent available, and I had no clue how either album sounded at all, and when I got both I LOVED both, which I didn't expect, like it's not her best work by far, but I dont think either album deserves the reputation they have, like they could've flopped...but so hard...I think both albums have gems on them.

For the first album, the only flaw is that it didn't go gold haha. I really like it and don't think it should have been any different. It's decent for a debut artist.

• Upvote 1

well as far as i am concerned this is new janet music for me :yahoo: :yahoo: :lmao::wub: :wub: :wub:

i even heard elements of "when i think of u " in the break

• Upvote 2

^ Oh nice! Combine its breakdown with "Don't Stand Another Chance"'s laughter sprinkled on top, we get the classic "When I Think of You" :P

Anyway, YNF(ALLM) is such a sweet funky tune. ^_^ "Say You Do" and "Come Give Your Love" are my favorites but as far as vocals go, "Don't Mess Up This Good Thing" really does it for me. I especially loved her full voice at the end. :D

• Upvote 1

Oh wow, I have 57 plays. :lol: *plays it again to tie Game lol*

I took care of it B)

LOL A good friend you are indeed lol, I've been playing that song so much for like the last 3 days (specifically jumping to and rewinding back the 2nd verse)

Our love..

YOu know it

Boy why waste your time...

THat damn break down with MJ(or is it him?) and his sound effects..

Love the production on this song...

It's a one of a KIIIII-yii-HiiiinD!

You'll Neva Find, NEVA MIND BAAAABYYYY

I LIVE FOR THE ADLIBS TOO, yea i love the production all together as well.