AND THE WINNER IS.... JJSurvivor: The Best Edition. Page 29

bu.

All For You is nowhere near as good as Any Time Any Place. The latter is iconic. The former is just another disposable pop song from 2001.

Disposable?! Ha! And which one headlined a Super Bowl AND an Icon show AND many many award shows/TV shows

Meanwhile ATAP sat at the top 5 only to be performed on SNL and 1 of her tours and downgraded to instrumentals -_- exactly. Mind you she didn't bother putting the original version on her greatest hits :coffee:

Nasty comes in at 10 on Janet Survivor.

M70Bkb7.jpg

Released in the spring of 1986 as the second single from Janhova's breakthrough album Control, Nasty won Janet the Facourite Soul/R&B Single at the 1987 American Music Awards. The song is famous for it's iconic phrase "No my first name ain't baby, it's Janet.........Ms Jackson IF YA NASTY" and has gone on to be heavily referenced in Pop Culture including Panic At The Discos latest single "Miss Jackson", 80's show "Nasty Boys" and several references in music videos and songs by Britney Spears.. Janet Jackson wrote the song based on a real life experience on which Jackson said "When I was working in Minneapolis, I was walking home from the studio and there all these guys hanging around, shouting seriously sexual stuff, some really dirty stuff. I went in and started working on the song right after that. So many men call women 'baby'. It takes away your dignity. I've got a name and if you don't know it don't shout at me in the street." The video stars Paula Abdul.

=============================================================

The Final 9 Remaining Songs:

Miss You Much

Come Back To Me

Black Cat

Love Will Never Do Without You

That's The Way Love Goes

If

Together Again

I Get Lonely

All For You

===================================

Together Again or All For You. Hmmmmm.

Together Again has been eliminated and places at 9.

mT3ubbQ.jpg

Janet's most successful single to date in the UK, this song was dedicated to a friend that Janet lost to AIDS. In an interview with NewNowNext she stated, "Very personal for me. I lost a lot of friends and people that I worked with to this disease. I caught drama for that too: Before I wrote the song, I told some of the people at the label the concept for the song, and they didn’t think it was a good idea … ‘I don’t think you should do that.’ I said, ‘Why shouldn’t I?’ … Because whatever, whatever. I thought, ‘You know, this is really stupid.’ It was in my heart."

=============================================================

The Final 8 Remaining Songs:

Miss You Much

Come Back To Me

Black Cat

Love Will Never Do Without You

That's The Way Love Goes

If

I Get Lonely

All For You

===================================

All For You :umm: