"The Best Thing About Janet Fans I Don't See In Many Other Fan Groups"

jarrylf

Hey all, so I was just thinking about and looking around for a lil bit and was just thinking about how with Janet behind the scenes creating her next masterpiece, we've relied heavily on our other lessor faves news and events for survival, having our lil stan wars and arguments and discussions, but how about a lil something about the Head Bitch In Charge of the game, and our fan community.

What are some things about Janet fans that you really notice most among us and other Janet fans you may have met in person at her shows, events, etc.

My answer is, #1, we are a passionate bunch and compared to most fan groups in a more level headed way. Like I know fans/stans of others who are kinda nuts, or are fans of JUST the artist in question and thinks everyone and everything else is crap. Also I can't talk about vocal harmony's with many fans of others the same way I can with Janet fans (MJ fans are a VERY close 2nd on that 1 tho), and lastly our diversity, I'm a fan of alot of women, and so few of them have so many different types of people, ages, genders, and sexual orientations.

That's all I have for now, but I wanna know your answers, I have more but I'll save them for later, on the go right now.

• Upvote 1

Hey all, so I was just thinking about and looking around for a lil bit and was just thinking about how with Janet behind the scenes creating her next masterpiece, we've relied heavily on our other lessor faves news and events for survival, having our lil stan wars and arguments and discussions, but how about a lil something about the Head Bitch In Charge of the game, and our fan community.

What are some things about Janet fans that you really notice most among us and other Janet fans you may have met in person at her shows, events, etc.

My answer is, #1, we are a passionate bunch and compared to most fan groups in a more level headed way. Like I know fans/stans of others who are kinda nuts, or are fans of JUST the artist in question and thinks everyone and everything else is crap. Also I can't talk about vocal harmony's with many fans of others the same way I can with Janet fans (MJ fans are a VERY close 2nd on that 1 tho), and lastly our diversity, I'm a fan of alot of women, and so few of them have so many different types of people, ages, genders, and sexual orientations.

That's all I have for now, but I wanna know your answers, I have more but I'll save them for later, on the go right now.

yep

I've only met three Janet stans from this forum. And they happen to be older( :shifty: ) and know much more about music than some of these folks round here. :coffee:

But I've noticed with some Janet stans that they are passionate about her and in some way, she's affected their lives with her music. It's really not a surprise since the most part she had something to say in her music that people can relate too. Most Janet stans I know still are Janet stans. They didn't abandon her and still ride for her. Those are the Janet stans I can relate to because I still ride for her.

And she does have a diverse fanbase..which is a good thing. I was pleasantly surprised that she has young fans that I follow on twitter.

I've only met three Janet stans from this forum. And they happen to be older( :shifty: ) and know much more about music than some of these folks round here. :coffee:

tumblr_mf5r8pxjj71qmlxnxo1_500.gif?w=560

But I've noticed with some Janet stans that they are passionate about her and in some way, she's affected their lives with her music. It's really not a surprise since the most part she had something to say in her music that people can relate too. Most Janet stans I know still are Janet stans. They didn't abandon her and still ride for her. Those are the Janet stans I can relate to because I still ride for her.

She helped me come to terms with who I am :). For that I will praise Janhovah for all time.

pray.gif

• Upvote 1

I can only speak for this forum, but this fan base seems very laid back... Confident in Janet's achievements, unphased by the ins and outs of today's pop landscape. The Janet stanhood is like a deep sea, while some of the newer girls' are like bubbling streams: short term thrills and excitement, but inconsistent, with very little depth -_-

• Upvote 2

I can only speak for this forum, but this fan base seems very laid back... Confident in Janet's achievements, unphased by the ins and outs of today's pop landscape. The Janet stanhood is like a deep sea, while some of the newer girls' are like bubbling streams: short term thrills and excitement, but inconsistent, with very little depth -_-

I've noticed that too..

Absolutely, the Janet fanbase is a very diverse group. On that alone, we can't really be put into a box because we're all different and that's what makes us great. ^_^ We're all into so many different flavors which is a testament to Janet's musical diversity.

And I'll also say that most of us are at the point where we're able to poke fun at ourselves, which is a great trait to have.

Well to like janet you have to like a lot of different genre's. Rock, Rnb, Hip-Hop, Reggae, Jazz, House

Janet's smooth vocals reflect our laid back demeanor.

(Beyonce over sings and is very loud... her fans tend to reflect that same personality - loud/over the top/obnoxious/drama heads)

(Britney's music is very empty and robotic - her fans are the same way, buying anything she puts out as acceptable)

Janet fans also seem to be very talented. A lot of them I've met are dancers, dj's, and musicians themselves.

• Upvote 2

And she does have a diverse fanbase..which is a good thing. I was pleasantly surprised that she has young fans that I follow on twitter.

:cheers:
  • Upvote 1