Jay-Z & Beyonce's Anna Mae reference

Selz

Right! I didn't even realize the damn sample but you know every time a black person succeeds and outperforms mediocre white performers they have to find fault with everything they do. It's unfathomable to them to think that a black person can actually be on top.

I don't think she meant it as a tribute to the victims, but more so cherishing the moment you have with someone while they're on this earth with you.

I think she was just trying to be Janet with having segues in between songs :lol:. Some of them made sense as they did with Rhythm Nation 1814, but some were useless like All For You's interludes..........

I agree that she didn't mean to. I just think it would have been more universal and accomplish that message without using that audio or using PR to cover it up as a tribute.

I don't think she had a choice with the tribute thing. She had to cover her back somehow :lol:.

It only draws attention now that the widow spoke out. The album has been out for nearly 3 weeks now and this non-issue has only just come to light. It's a classic case of bandwagon jumping. Where was the outcry 3 weeks ago? Like I said...is it insensitive? Yes it is. She's apologised. There's nothing that can be done now - it's out there.

Right! The song has been out for three weeks and all of a sudden there's this fake outrage. They can have several seats. They're literally reaching for stuff to crucify her for. Smh.

It only draws attention now that the widow spoke out. The album has been out for nearly 3 weeks now and this non-issue has only just come to light. It's a classic case of bandwagon jumping. Where was the outcry 3 weeks ago? Like I said...is it insensitive? Yes it is. She's apologised. There's nothing that can be done now - it's out there.

It takes a while for people to actually listen to the shitty songs... you forget... she released off her name.. not the songs

Right! The song has been out for three weeks and all of a sudden there's this fake outrage. They can have several seats. They're literally reaching for stuff to crucify her for. Smh.

so you think it's okay to use that disaster's audio for Beyonce's personal use to sell a meaningless album? :umm: Yes or no will suffice

It takes a while for people to actually listen to the shitty songs... you forget... she released off her name.. not the songs

The media would have picked it up if they were 'outraged'. I saw annoyance at the Anna Mae thing from day 1. The truth is no one cared until the widow spoke out - and she has every right to be pissed.

I don't think she had a choice with the tribute thing. She had to cover her back somehow :lol:.

A simple apology would have been sufficient, I think. Just leave the tribute part out and say that the song was supposed to be about cherishing love while it's here. They never intended to cause any extra pain to the families.

Polish that up and leave it at that.

Nah if they were truly outraged they would've spoken up when she released the songs.

Not everyone listens to Beyonce so not everyone would have heard the track as soon as it released. It's still under a month so it's still hot as far as news is concerned. If we were talking months or years then you'd have a point.

Not everyone listens to Beyonce so not everyone would have heard the track as soon as it released. It's still under a month so it's still hot as far as news is concerned. If we were talking months or years then you'd have a point.

"Media" would listen to it straight away so that they can review the album. If they were bothered by it they would have picked it up. Clearly no one noticed what it was until the widow spoke out.

• Upvote 1

The point is, 'they found it' in a reasonable amount of time.. 3 weeks isn't that long and isn't long enough to actually give two shits

If some of these news outlets were on the ball they'd have found it on day 1 and mentioned it in their reviews. I'm not disagreeing about it being insensitive however - let me make that clear. It is. But I also personally don't care that she used it.

and that's all it takes.. someone to speak out

Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

======================================================

There's probably a few hundred kids who now know about the disaster. Those few hundred probably stopped for a minute, said their RIPs or sent blessings to the 7 that died and the families that lost loved ones. That's good in my book.

"Media" would listen to it straight away so that they can review the album. If they were bothered by it they would have picked it up. Clearly no one noticed what it was until the widow spoke out.

There is good reason to be upset over this no matter when someone listens to the album. In the beginning the song was just a sweet love song, but when that piece of audio triggered something for the widow it turned into a tribute. There'd be less outrage if it was just a mistake but to say it was a tribute is senseless. That's the problem. I'm sure people were confused hearing that audio first hand and wondered why it was there, but it took someone who would immediately recognize it (the widow) to tie together the confusion and why it shouldn't be there.

There is good reason to be upset over this no matter when someone listens to the album. In the beginning the song was just a sweet love song, but when that piece of audio triggered something for the widow it turned into a tribute. There'd be less outrage if it was just a mistake but to say it was a tribute is senseless. That's the problem. I'm sure people were confused hearing that audio first hand and wondered why it was there, but it took someone who would immediately recognize it (the widow) to tie together the confusion and why it shouldn't be there.

Something that was said just to save face. You're reading too much into the tribute thing. It's just a PR move, maybe not the wisest. Once again I will say that Beyonce apologised and there is nothing more that can be done except maybe donate proceeds of that song to a NASA related charity or something.

PS

The birds are singing already. I can't believe I haven't slept.

There's probably a few hundred kids who now know about the disaster. Those few hundred probably stopped for a minute, said their RIPs or sent blessings to the 7 that died and the families that lost loved ones. That's good in my book.

You're book is full of hope and trust in people... not actions and the listeners have nothing to do with the audio being on the track