Jay-Z & Beyonce's Anna Mae reference

Selz

See? Was that so hard? ;) It does have some sexual tones to it, but essentially yes, it is just a sweet love song. It isn't, however, a tribute to the Challenger victims nor to their families. That is why it was senseless for her to use that audio at the beginning of it. There is nothing about that song that sounds the way she and her team tried to spin it. Do I think she was malicious in her choice to use it? Absolutely not. It's just distasteful and poorly thought out, obviously.

:rolleyes::lol:

It's a song that can be interpreted many ways, though. And to me it does sound like a song that can apply to their situation. Especially when you look at the video. The song was written in a way that everyone can relate to it including the families of the Challenger victims.

See? Was that so hard? ;) It does have some sexual tones to it, but essentially yes, it is just a sweet love song. It isn't, however, a tribute to the Challenger victims nor to their families. That is why it was senseless for her to use that audio at the beginning of it. There is nothing about that song that sounds the way she and her team tried to spin it. Do I think she was malevolent in her choice to use it? Absolutely not. It's just distasteful and poorly thought out, obviously.

2vcgefb.jpg

It's a song that can be interpreted many ways, though. And to me it does sound like a song that can apply to their situation. Especially when you look at the video. The song was written in a way that everyone can relate to it including the families of the Challenger victims.

what... the... fuck? :lmao:

It would take some serious reaching to interpret it as a tribute. You don't usually do a tribute to someone/something in such a vague way that almost makes it seem as if that bit was just tacked on for some extra power. The song, at its heart, is a simple love song. It would have served its purpose just fine without that audio if the meaning was to appreciate love in your life before its gone. She didn't need to draw attention to a certain event if it was going to be so open to interpretation. Even if it was a tribute, why choose the most heartbreaking audio from that day? That's a new question I'm posing to anyone.

It would take some serious reaching to interpret it as a tribute. You don't usually do a tribute to someone/something in such a vague way that almost makes it seem as if that bit was just tacked on for some extra power. The song, at its heart, is a simple love song. It would have served its purpose just fine without that audio if the meaning was to appreciate love in your life before its gone. She didn't need to draw attention to a certain event if it was going to be so open to interpretation. Even if it was a tribute, why choose the most heartbreaking audio from that day? That's a new question I'm posing to anyone.

They didn't present the video as a tribute on release.. only when people started to complain... which makes it a PR-clean upute than a tribute...

I see how it fits the song but it literally shouldn't fit this song

I just think she was trying to make the song more universal. And really bring on home the fact that we should appreciate our loved ones while theyre here.

• Upvote 1

In regards to XO and the '86 Shuttle disaster audio. It's clear there was no malicious intent behind it. Is it insensitive? To the victims of the family it is and no one can fault them for feeling that way. She apologised about it. The song itself has a nice message. Time to move on.

Right! I didn't even realize the damn sample but you know every time a black person succeeds and outperforms mediocre white performers they have to find fault with everything they do. It's unfathomable to them to think that a black person can actually be on top.

See? Was that so hard? ;) It does have some sexual tones to it, but essentially yes, it is just a sweet love song. It isn't, however, a tribute to the Challenger victims nor to their families. That is why it was senseless for her to use that audio at the beginning of it. There is nothing about that song that sounds the way she and her team tried to spin it. Do I think she was malevolent in her choice to use it? Absolutely not. It's just distasteful and poorly thought out, obviously.

I don't think she meant it as a tribute to the victims, but more so cherishing the moment you have with someone while they're on this earth with you.

• Upvote 1

I just think she was trying to make the song more universal. And really bring on home the fact that we should appreciate our loved ones while theyre here.

I can see that, but adding that audio draws attention to a certain event and focuses on it. It would have been universal without it. I just think it was in very poor taste and an even worse PR move.

It only draws attention now that the widow spoke out. The album has been out for nearly 3 weeks now and this non-issue has only just come to light. It's a classic case of bandwagon jumping. Where was the outcry 3 weeks ago? Like I said...is it insensitive? Yes it is. She's apologised. There's nothing that can be done now - it's out there.

• Upvote 1

I don't think she meant it as a tribute to the victims, but more so cherishing the moment you have with someone while they're on this earth with you.

I agree that she didn't mean to. I just think it would have been more universal and accomplish that message without using that audio or using PR to cover it up as a tribute.