FOX AXES USA XFACTOR

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Via thegrapefruit.. You know it's them bc they think Kelly Rowland is popular :lmao:

The X Factor USA is no more.

The Simon Cowell fronted talent search wrapped its third season back in December; a season FOX have announced this afternoon was its last.

Despite the addition of popular judge Kelly Rowland ( :umm: ) to the panel (which included Cowell, Demi Lovato, and Paulina Rubio), the show continued to trail behind established rivals American Idol and The Voice.

Worse still, the latest instalment of the British import had the unfortunate misfortune of continuing the show’s season-on-season ratings decline. A trend previous panelist such as Britney Spears could not prevent.

And despite claims from Cowell that he and FOX were in negotiations for a streamlined fourth season (which would have done away with the two-night format in favour of a one-hour/once-a-week setup), today saw the network wield the axe. Albeit politely.

Low ratings and no one caring about the judges killed the show :lol:

What took them so long? it's a embarassment , it's entire existance, Simon should've just pulled the plug on it before facing the embarrassment that firing gives but he wouldn't let it go.

Good. Hopefully AI is next

EXACTLY

Please... That show may be horrible but people love it The Voice would go way before AI

Not exactly the rattings are "good" but they're falling season after season

Where's The voices has increased every year as well as their popularity & public reception, the likelihood it'll outlive Idol seems much more likely season after season

I don't know why this format never could take off in America. Even with flop judges it's a huge success in so many countries.

I think it had potential but the 'talent show' market is saturated in America and the fact that it hasn't produced a single star to date doesn't help.

• Upvote 1

Well it's like I've always said on The Voice vs. Idol & X factor, the voice not only focuses on the gimmicks (they all have their own gimicks), The Voice's main focus has always been delivering grade A entertaining TV without letting cheap tricks get in the way, the Judges SLAY, and they're hilarious with each other and supportive of each other, because truth of the matter is as far as now the coaches all win more for being on the show more than the contestants. Meanwhile on Idol & X factor they make everything SO dramatic, and they make it about fashion and the image more than the music for the most part, and it's also about the coaches bickering and clawing at each other for the win.

The Voice found a way to make it all work and even out and just be a great show to watch

Cheap tricks? Like spinning chairs or celebrity judges?

I would rather watch Idol because they have given us results compared to a show for has-beanz to "mentor" AI rejects

This is Apple vs Android.. Apple is obvious the American Idol

What televised singing talent show don't have celeb judges? The spinning chairs and now last min saves are IT, vs. getting people to watch the horrible singers audition, mello drama between the coaches on who gets on, mello drama about the advancing, mello drama about each others teams when they perform (X-Factor). Mello drama about what the contestants are wearing. Etc. Etc. ETC.

Really? You'd watch them NOW....based on results from 10 yrs ago?......wow. Ok, I watch for great TV lol (Adam Levine's a Has Been?...And Paula & J.Lo & Harry arent?.)

For that to be accurate thats saying Apple is obsolete & desperate & losing tho, that they came out GREAT but got cold and stale after a few years :lmao:

I think this is more The Simpsons (Idol) vs. South Park/Family Guy (The Voice). Idol started it all here with that format and judges, but The Voice greatly improved it and is leaving them in the dust

What televised singing talent show don't have celeb judges? The spinning chairs and now last min saves are IT, vs. getting people to watch the horrible singers audition, mello drama between the coaches on who gets on, mello drama about the advancing, mello drama about each others teams when they perform (X-Factor). Mello drama about what the contestants are wearing. Etc. Etc. ETC.

Really? You'd watch them NOW....based on results from 10 yrs ago?......wow. Ok, I watch for great TV lol (Adam Levine's a Has Been?...And Paula & J.Lo & Harry arent?.)

For that to be accurate thats saying Apple is obsolete & desperate & losing tho, that they came out GREAT but got cold and stale after a few years :lmao:

I think this is more The Simpsons (Idol) vs. South Park/Family Guy (The Voice). Idol started it all here with that format and judges, but The Voice greatly improved it and is leaving them in the dust

Maroon 5's Adam doesn't count.. he's immune for some reason.. Further testing is needed to understand why? Perhaps it's bc he's apart of a group...

:umm: that's basically what I'm saying minus the unnecessary shade you made towards the iPhone

The Simpsons is too old to be classified as American Idol.

The point of these talent shows is to release talent.. if they're not releasing talent.. then what are they for? American Idol has released hits and talents.. they have a number on the scoreboard... The Voice has literally no-score.. it's the Super Bowl (too soon?)

Maroon 5's Adam doesn't count.. he's immune for some reason.. Further testing is needed to understand why? Perhaps it's bc he's apart of a group

Now.. or later.. American Idol is related to American Pie from the 70s or 60s.. It's the cornerstone... It got us through two terms of Bush! TWO... American Idol is America.. I'm sorry but the original is always better than the rehash

:umm: that's basically what I'm saying minus the unnecessary shade...

The Simpsons is too old to be classified as American Idol.

Not exactly, he's the front man (not of a group of a band), the ONLY vocalists he's purposely the only 1 that matters. And theres Blake too, I didn't know who he was before season 1 of this show but now I see his name everywhere and he gets his hits on the Hot 100 too these days.

Eh I can understand that opinion, it's my opnion of The Simpsons and why I keep up with them, but I can't put up with the same lame tricks (that were new exciting fresh & funny & effective 10 yrs ago) for a compettition show, when you know almost exactly how it's going and how all the drama goes, it's just not fun anymore, it's just a filler and that's all it's been for the last...7ish years. If the "rehash" is better it just is, with these shows it has to be more than singers who can sing (who now will get record contracts and disappear into oblivion), you gotta be a great show as well, predictability wont keep it forever

Not for the comparisson, The Simpsons is 10 seasons older than Family Guy (like 6-7 older than South Park), and Idol is 10 seasons older than The Voice it works. :yep: