FOX AXES USA XFACTOR

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

They have no score on the board

Except their still better for contestants who take artistry more serious than stardom.

Exactly.. AI is the Janet/Madonna... The Voice, ironically, will always be the Britney/Xtina

ya no, I think it's more Diana (Idol) and Janet (The Voice). I mean for your example to be true Britney/Xtina would have to be more talented than Janet & Madonna just without the legacies. Wheres Diana & Janet make sense because Diana is more famous than Janet but Janet's more talented and innovative, but Diana opened that door. But when Janet came through it and made her own door, she did it better and with more talent.

And heres how we bring it back to the subject at hand, it's past success isn't bringing in the rattings, where's the Voice that hasn't produced any is winning BIG time in it's format. Idol's legacy won't stop it from being cancelled like any other show that's had a great start and shaky at best finish. Wheres the voice shows no signs what so ever of slowing down in the rattings, only gaining. Again, Idol faces it's cancellation much sooner than The Voice does if it continues the direction it's in now, and all the success of it's winners & contestants won't be able to save it.

Except their still better for contestants who take artistry more serious than stardom.

So artistry? So none of the American idol winners have "artistry" yet all of the Voice's winners don't have stardom but artistry?

Soooo what do you get with artistry? :unsure: They don't get music awards... They rarely get an album.. Not a GOOD album but they seem to get one... Sometimes. What's the prize of this contest?

So artistry? So none of the American idol winners have "artistry" yet all of the Voice's winners don't have stardom but artistry?

Soooo what do you get with artistry? :unsure: They don't get music awards... They rarely get an album.. Not a GOOD album but they seem to get one... Sometimes. What's the prize of this contest?

Not in the beginning for the most part according to Kelly & Jordin that they want you to work with their writers mostly and release the singles they tell you to. If being a great artist means more than being a big star it's the obvious choice

Integrity. Respect, and "good" according to whom? That's subjective. Again it's proven all the times, independent artists make good music, without chart success, videos and promo and big sales, to their fans it can be the best album of the year regardless of any of that. The prize is doing what you want and making the music you want and the freedom to not be a slave to what's "hot" & what's "not". Means nothing to you, we all know this, but I have the utmost respect for those kind of musicians. And tho I wish & know they could be alot better with turning their winners into "stars", I'll always love that they turn them into real innovative and creative artists.

Jarry :mellow: just stop. You are making no kind of sense. Your love for The Voice is clearly crippling your thoughts on this comparison. You keep saying its been yearssss since Idol has had a star but the fact is THEY HAVE CREATED STARS while The Voice has yet to do so.AI has done what they were set out to do..while The Voice has not, its just an "entertaining" tv show and that's where the bus stops. When AI first came on it was entertaining as well. You're using the fact that AI has aged against them.....of course it won't be as entertaing cuz its been on 10+ years... The Voice would lose entertainment steam to if it gets to year 10. Growing tired of something applies to Any and Everything. The Voice is not above growing tired of..

Years ago or not AI has produced not just stars but some of the most relevant biggest in music, Carrie,Kelly,etc .. you can't dismiss that.

AI- 2

The Voice - 0

• Upvote 1

Jarry :mellow: just stop. You are making no kind of sense. Your love for The Voice is clearly crippling your thoughts on this comparison. You keep saying its been yearssss since Idol has had a star but the fact is THEY HAVE CREATED STARS while The Voice has yet to do so.AI has done what they were set out to do..while The Voice has not, its just an "entertaining" tv show and that's where the bus stops. When AI first came on it was entertaining as well. You're using the fact that AI had aged against them.....of course it won't be as entertaing cuz its been on 10+ years... The Voice would lose entertainment steam to if it gets to year 10. Growing tired of something applies to Any and Everything. The Voice is not above growing tired of..

Years ago or not AI has produced not just stars but some of the most relevant biggest in music, Carrie,Kelly,etc .. you can't dismiss that.

AI- 2

The Voice - 0

LOL I'm not making sense but you're saying Idol wont get cancelled because of hitmakers they made years ago while their current rattings continue to tank and their winners go on to nothing these days?...cause that don't make any kind of sense. It has nothing to do with my love for it, I use to feel this way about Idol, back when they mattered. Who said Idol didn't produce stars? I'm saying nobody really is lately. And nah that's not where the bus stops, it's a entertaining show that's ranking up the views from Idol and the awards as well. And we're not talking about years from now we're talking about right now when Idol isn't a big deal in the TV or music world, but The Voice actually has 1 of those on lock. There will come a time when the tables turn on The Voice, that's just how it is with TV, but....that day isn't today...at all which has been my point, however it can easily be next season for Idol.

LOL I didn't dismiss that, I do and will dismiss that they arent anywhere near a Kelly or Carrie today

their winners go on to nothing these days?

You're dissing The Voice way more than AI

Well since I can't find reviews on their albums... I guess its very subjective.. The winners don't have fans.. Of the millions of people that watch this show... 46k people purchased his 3rd album.. His first two albums don't have a sales position

So they get a $100,000 and a contract with Capitol Records for artistry points? :lmao:

You're dissing The Voice way more than AI

Well since I can't find reviews on their albums... I guess its very subjective.. The winners don't have fans.. Of the millions of people that watch this show... 46k people purchased his 3rd album.. His first two albums don't have a sales position

So they get a $100,000 and a contract with Capitol Records for artistry points? :lmao:

I'm dissing them both actually, agian Idol has nothing going for it now, no rattings and a shortage of stars to the magnitude they promise

Who's albums are you talking about? Cause season 2's winner didn't release his. Season 3's winner went #1 on the country charts, and 9 on the Hot 100, opening at 153k, season 4's winner opened #5 on the country charts and #19 on the hot 100, so I'm going to guess you mean the 1st winner who the label didn't support at all....

They get it to make the albums they want, it's not like how it was for Idol when they were making the decisions (which worked in their beginning), their being the artist they want after they win this show.

I'm dissing them both actually, agian Idol has nothing going for it now, no rattings and a shortage of stars to the magnitude they promise

Who's albums are you talking about? Cause season 2's winner didn't release his.

They get it to make the albums they want, it's not like how it was for Idol when they were making the decisions (which worked in their beginning), their being the artist they want after they win this show.

:sigh: At this point you just like hearing your keyboard make noise

Idol has Ryan Seacrest and Jennifer Lopez :umm: JLo's last album sold more than Xtina's :lmao: a fun fact for you.. and Ryan Seacreast >>> TRL

I was talking about season 1's winner.. Javier .. How is he innovative? You mentioned being innovative in a previous post... Name 5 ways any of their winners have been innovative and/or creative OUTSIDE The Voice

Yes.. because everyone makes music for it to be in the iTunes "free albums" bin during the first week release

:sigh: At this point you just like hearing your keyboard make noise

Idol has Ryan Seacrest and Jennifer Lopez :umm: JLo's last album sold more than Xtina's :lmao: a fun fact for you.. and Ryan Seacreast >>> TRL

I was talking about season 1's winner.. Javier .. How is he innovative? You mentioned being innovative in a previous post... Name 5 ways any of their winners have been innovative and/or creative OUTSIDE The Voice

Yes.. because everyone makes music for it to be in the iTunes "free albums" bin during the first week release

OK...so Ryan and J.Lo are going to stop the show from being cancelled? Hows that going right now?....if that's your argument it's truly you only typing to hear your Keyboard, cause Idol's rattings are tanking more, this season is down from last by 2MILLLLION, but hey, maybe that's a upgrade since the season before was down by 4mil. Not to menion the emmy win that Idol wasn't even nominated for. Game you lost, Idol has more of a chance of being cancelled before The Voice based on THIS paragraph alone, wheres Idol continues to fall, Each season of the voice since season 2 (2 premiered after the Superbowl so they got that ratting jump was extra) has gained a million.

I can't do it because I don't follow any of the 1st 4, I didn't support any of the previous 4 winners, the new 1 however, theres no artist or singer out like her, no women has her style, she has that vibe of a old school soul vocalists but she's Jamaican, theres nobody in the industry who sounds like her or has her style. I know with Jermaine Paul, he's a soul singer and can also slay country (as well as any genre, who else in the industry is doing that?). And the other 2 are country girls (but the 1st 1 is a great writer), and the 1st winner was just a guitar playing eclectic guy.

I'm not betting on who would get canceled first... I couldn't care less.

How is she innovative? You mentioned being innovative in a previous post... Name 5 ways any of their winners have been innovative and/or creative OUTSIDE The Voice

you do know what innovative means... Innovative ≠ Unique

I'm not betting on who would get canceled first... I couldn't care less.

How is she innovative? You mentioned being innovative in a previous post... Name 5 ways any of their winners have been innovative and/or creative OUTSIDE The Voice

you do know what innovative means... Innovative ≠ Unique

You're not anymore? Cause that's what this whole discussion started over and where I took it back.

Here's the problem with your innovative rant tho, I didn't remember where I used the word and then I found it. I used it in the context that THE SHOW is innovative in its formatting so Fail on that sir. I never said the contestants were innovative. Nice try tho almost had me.

But alas my point remains The Voice is the better show and as of now will more than likely end after Idol has for a few years.

• Upvote 1

You're not anymore? Cause that's what this whole discussion started over and where I took it back.

Here's the problem with your innovative rant tho, I didn't remember where I used the word and then I found it. I used it in the context that THE SHOW is innovative in its formatting so Fail on that sir. I never said the contestants were innovative. Nice try tho almost had me.

But alas my point remains The Voice is the better show and as of now will more than likely end after Idol has for a few years.

:lmao:

but will The Voice last 13+ seasons :coffee:

Yea the sole purpose of that I beleieve is (or was now) to be a direct competition to both Idol & Non-Factor.it was a ballsy move on their part that paid off, they directly shattered X-flopper's rattings night after night

back to that topic at hand, I feel bad for the 0-factor, I was excited for that format at 1st, but it was easily the most useless of the 2 shows, it was too "Idol" and too. And the drama between the coaches always felt forced and uneccessary and unproductive for the most part that they were JUST being mean to be mean and for the shocking reactions and for the commercials "AND COMING UP!!" It wasn't genuine. Simon REALLY should've just pulled the plug when Brit left, when that didnt give the rattings boost that we all thought that should've been the sign that no judge on that ship wreck of a show could.

Hmmm.. Jarry you seem to be alone on this argument. No one agrees with you. That should tell you something.

It really tells me you're not paying enough attention :lmao: Because whether you like Idol more than the voice isn't the point, whether Idol will get the boot before The Voice was, don't need co-signers when I know the stats and took down everyone who tried to downplay them and change the subject. In terms of that context, if you were checking it all from jump, I'm not alone, I'm the only 1 debatting this side.

I hope Tessanne Chin gets recognition. She's been famous in Jamaica for years and is super talented. Her sister Tami (looks white with blonde hair) has been famous for years too.

Right, of the 5 she's the only 1 I was rooting for from the very beginning, and she's the most diverse winner (in every way) they've ever had.