FOX AXES USA XFACTOR

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

So Jarry, you're cool w/ the fact of The Voice not producing any stars? The show being "great tv" is more important to you? With AI ..we seen dreams come true and that's inspiring on a whole broader scale. You really root for those AI ppl. And the fact that you don't even have to win but it opens up other doors is great for AI. You would have a great great argument if The Voice had some sign of producing talent but we've yet to see someone go on and live "the dream".Becuz of this The Voice will never be in the history books. AI already is. The Voice was only smart about presenting a different angle than what ppl grew tired of with AI. I WILL give them that. Smart move. but..

Producing STARS >> great tv

So Jarry, you're cool w/ the fact of The Voice not producing any stars? The show being "great tv" is more important to you? With AI ..we seen dreams come true and that's inspiring on a whole broader scale. You really root for those AI ppl. And the fact that you don't even have to win but it opens up other doors is great for AI. You would have a great great argument if The Voice had some sign of producing talent but we've yet to see someone go on and live "the dream".Becuz of this The Voice will never be in the history books. AI already is. The Voice was only smart about presenting a different angle than what ppl grew tired of with AI. I WILL give them that. Smart move. but..

Producing STARS >> great tv

Sure am, because if the show is stale, why does it even matter? Where's the whole "we've seen dreams come true" hasn't been true for Idol in YEARS, I can see that being a more legit concern if they were still doing it, but the fact that they aren't anymore changes that, the fact that they continuously have to try new stunts and gimmicks and drama season after season and still fall short of beating The Voice or producing a star says alot. And actually The voice is already kind of on it's way to the history books, the rattings, it's the 1st singing competition show to win a emmy, and it's the 1st show who's contestants itunes release went to #1 (Idol and X-Factor do itunes too....they get top 20-10-ish), it's like I said before, the show probably can't be taken serious by the music world, but in the TV world it's killing, and has only moved up. And I'll give Idol that they use to produce stars...

And that's great for you, how I see it is

Great TV (right now)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Producing stars 10 yrs ago...

Philip Philips released his album a little over a year ago at the end of 2012. He won just months before that so that's only two years. It even scanned platinum as did two of his 3 singles "Home" and "Gone Gone Gone". I agree that Idol isn't cranking them out as often as they used to, but to make t seem like they haven't since the beginning isn't sensible.

Philip Philips released his album a little over a year ago at the end of 2012. He won just months before that so that's only two years. It even scanned platinum as did two of his 3 singles "Home" and "Gone Gone Gone". I agree that Idol isn't cranking them out as often as they used to, but to make t seem like they haven't since the beginning isn't sensible.

Yea but compared to how successful Kelly, Ruben, Fantasia, & Carrie were, he's kind of a nobody, it's great he has a top 10 and nice sales, but still he's not a big star to the magnitude that they've produced in the past.

Yea but compared to how successful Kelly, Ruben, Fantasia, & Carrie were, he's kind of a nobody, it's great he has a top 10 and nice sales, but still he's not a big star to the magnitude that they've produced in the past.

True, but to even get platinum is pretty good in this climate. He's just on his 1st album so he has a while. I think he's starting on a good note. Better than plenty.

True, but to even get platinum is pretty good in this climate. He's just on his 1st album so he has a while. I think he's starting on a good note. Better than plenty.

Yea that's better than any winner from any of the competition but, you get what I mean. And The Voice VERY much desserves to be successful in that realm, but like I've said before too, its what seperates them from their competition, their focus is providing a quality fresh great show as long as it's on, shocasing some of the best vocalists I've ever seen (Amanda Brown, Judith Hill, & Sasha Allen off the top of my head), but then go on to just be independant artists after the show, and the coaches still keep in touch with them but it's only so much they can do, being a protege don't guarantee anything. So basically if they speant the time, money and attention they spend on making this show KILL on the artists after the show, it'd be different for most of the contestants I'm sure.

I hate when country singers win these shows because that's all they care about and their country fanbase, respectful, but to those of us who arent, we don't know them, like 2 of the previous winners in a row of The Voice were pretty country girls (1 of them easily overrated) with big and versatile voices, but are only after being country artists. And I know like 5 of the last Idol guys had the same stigma. I think these shows should find stars who are interested in not sticking to a genre (Kelly, & Tessanne winner of this season of The Voice).

Yea that's better than any winner from any of the competition but, you get what I mean. And The Voice VERY much desserves to be successful in that realm, but like I've said before too, its what seperates them from their competition, their focus is providing a quality fresh great show as long as it's on, shocasing some of the best vocalists I've ever seen (Amanda Brown, Judith Hill, & Sasha Allen off the top of my head), but then go on to just be independant artists after the show, and the coaches still keep in touch with them but it's only so much they can do, being a protege don't guarantee anything. So basically if they speant the time, money and attention they spend on making this show KILL on the artists after the show, it'd be different I'm sure.

I do see that The Voice has potential. It has a better format than Idol and seems to be getting a lot of great talent their way. Judith Hill being the one I remember. I think Idol has the "making stars" credibility still so people aren't paying as much attention to the winners from The Voice. I hope as Idol further slips away that the talent from The Voice really gets a shot. Judith Hill is the only testimony I need, though I know there are others, to really want this to be true.

I do see that The Voice has potential. It has a better format than Idol and seems to be getting a lot of great talent their way. Judith Hill being the one I remember. I think Idol has the "making stars" credibility still so people aren't paying as much attention to the winners from The Voice. I hope as Idol further slips away that the talent from The Voice really gets a shot. Judith Hill is the only testimony I need, though I know there are others, to really want this to be true.

Let me introduce you(like I did Bu) to 1 of my fave voices of all time too, it boggles my mind that she & Judith didn't win, they are 2 of some of the best female vocalists I've heard in our time. Amanda Fucking Brown....its a CRIME that she didn't win and that right now shes not known, best thing about her, she slays R&B music but she wants to be a pop/rock star. Because you're my twin I'm sure after you see this you'll love her as much as I do. NOBODY tops this Dream On Performance that's not Steven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPY6QL2Q5C4

And then theres this epicness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_FshGs-c9o

The format is "better" or "newer" but what does that have to do with potential?

Four or five seasons in and NOT ONE of their winners have released anything with potential.. The Voice is pure entertainment... American Idol is more than entertainment.. It has potential...

If you wanted to become a true singer... an Entertainer... Which show would you go on?

I don't know why this format never could take off in America. Even with flop judges it's a huge success in so many countries.

I just think we have way too many of these kinda of shows so not too many people are interested in a new one unless it has a spin on it which is what "THE Voice" does

Four or five seasons in and NOT ONE of their winners have released anything with potential.. The Voice is pure entertainment... American Idol is more than entertainment.. It has potential...

If you wanted to become a true singer... an Entertainer... Which show would you go on?

Well I kinda addressed that in the 2nd paragraph earlier, the problem is of the 5 winners, 1 doesn't/didn't know what he wants to do with his music, 2 are hardcore country artists, who are successful in that field but to the rest of the world are nobodies, and 2 of them havent released anything yet (tho 1 of the 2 did just win back in December).

I think you mean true star, cause if I wanna be a better artist/entertainer Im not gonna be judged vocally by Paula or Jen. I think the voice is better at coaching and helping the singers become better artists, Idol preps them for stardom whether or not they get it.

It's the great thing about The Voice actually not producing a star yet, they havent peaked, so they can still try and when/if they do it'll be huge, wheres Idol has fallen from where it once was which is more disappointing and embarassing.

Wow, Jarryl, she is awesome. :wub: I think R&B is her home, but she did "Dream On" very well. One of my favorite songs ever and I really liked her version. She slayed her parts of "VOL", though. :wub:

AI is wearing out its welcome. Ever since Simon left it's been pretty pathetic and sometimes even unwatchable. I agree that The Voice has a long way to go, but I've some better talent there than I've seen on AI in the last few years. AI's potential rests on what it used to do which was making stars. Philip Philips is their only real star in about 5 or 6 seasons.

I wouldn't want to go to either show, personally. If I absolutely have to choose, though, I'd go with The Voice.

• Upvote 1

Well I kinda addressed that in the 2nd paragraph earlier, the problem is of the 5 winners, 1 doesn't/didn't know what he wants to do with his music, 2 are hardcore country artists, who are successful in that field but to the rest of the world are nobodies, and 2 of them havent released anything yet (tho 1 of the 2 did just win back in December).

I think you mean true star, cause if I wanna be a better artist/entertainer Im not gonna be judged vocally by Paula or Jen. I think the voice is better at coaching and helping the singers become better artists, Idol preps them for stardom whether or not they get it.

It's the great thing about The Voice actually not producing a star yet, they havent peaked, so they can still try and when/if they do it'll be huge, wheres Idol has fallen from where it once was which is more disappointing and embarassing.

The Voice has released nothing worth talking about.. US or Internationally... Those two who flopped in country are not making waves.

Those people judged by Paula are now international stars... You cannot claim the Voice is better if they literally have not done anything

They haven't peaked? :huh: They haven't even left the ground in terms of talent and producing hits.. :umm:

:blink: what?! You would go with the Voice because? even tho NO ONE takes anyone from the Voice seriously

Better competition, better judges/mentors, and a more entertaining format. That doesn't make it miles better than what AI is now, but where AI is now and where The Voice is, it's better for me. Again, I'd rather have neither.

The Voice has released nothing worth talking about.. US or Internationally... Those two who flopped in country are not making waves.

Those people judged by Paula are now international stars... You cannot claim the Voice is better if they literally have not done anything

They haven't peaked? :huh: They haven't even left the ground in terms of talent and producing hits.. :umm:

The country girls are doing fine in country and that's all that's important to them, sadly, it's why I say people who stick to genre's have no real shot (1st proven by Ruben)

A few of them are/were, a long time ago. Sure I can, they make better artists, not stars.

I mean as a show/format they havent peaked, and not leaving the ground yet is fine,with the rattings growing each season it still shows they have aways to go. Now if the rattings were X-Flopper style then it'd truly be a problem, but in this way at least these people are being recognized on a hit show.

:blink: what?! You would go with the Voice because? even tho NO ONE takes anyone from the Voice seriously

But if being a better artist is more appealing than the promise of being a star with a fat MAYBE next to it then that's all it is to it. Being a great artist who's not a star isn't the worst thing in the world ya know.

What are y'all smoking? The situation is this: YOU WANT TO BE A STAR.... The next ______ (insert your favorite)

There's STAR or nothing at all.. like most of The Voice's winners/contestants... So You would rather go on the Voice and become nothing than be on AI with potential to be a star? One you have a little potential.. The Voice you have ZERO

All hypothetically of course..

You would sill pick The Voice over AI ?

• Upvote 1

Yup, lol, not to mention also & in general you already get more artistic integrity and freedom while your a contestant, you don't have "broadway" week you have "what song will you be singing", you're taught by a great/good voalists and Shakira how to use your voice best, and how to emote when you need and how to really give a great performance. For Idol we dont even know that the coach--I mean judges know the contestants outside of that stage at all. With the voice you are these celebs life as long as you're on their team.

And yea with Idol and winning that their building you up to be this great big thing but the odds arent in your favor anymore, The Voice would be easier because it's a automatic "I can't rely just on them and what they promise" you HAVE to know that going in, and you face possibly being the 1st star of their history.

Artistry is a bigger deal than celebrity to me in the long run and with my everything, so yea it'd still be The Voice.