Remember when Celine went on a slaying spree and had the gurls shook?

Kim

that's cause it's Mariah. I'm talking about regular gospel songs. Like Aretha said we going to church and she started singing like she was in church. don't nobody hit whistle registers in church and still that would be the only way Mariah's voice would be able to be heard going up against someone like Aretha. Her voice isn't as strong. Kinda like when Beyonce tried it with Jennifer Hudson at the Oscars and failed :)

that's cause it's Mariah. I'm talking about regular gospel songs. Like Aretha said we going to church and she started singing like she was in church. don't nobody hit whistle registers in church and still that would be the only way Mariah's voice would be able to be heard going up against someone like Aretha. Her voice isn't as strong. Kinda like when Beyonce tried it with Jennifer Hudson at the Oscars and failed :)

But if you can hit the whsitle not, you do and can, and Aretha can't, and most singers period can't, there is another who did it for a Gospel song.

Mariah held back on her whistle, PERIOD from like 95-01, that's just a fact, she was only bringing it out every now & then. But she held back alot. in that time.

Who

This.

LOL @ Celine trying Aretha.

CRYING @ Aretha FINISHING Celine around the 2:58 mark with that chest belt. That is why resonance >

SCREAMING @ Mariah buckling the other girls by being an actual musician and interpreting her lines.

DIES @ Celine trying to sing at the end with NO knowledge of the gospel scale and copying each of Aretha's riffs.

And this. lol

But if you can hit the whsitle not, you do and can, and Aretha can't, and most singers period can't, there is another who did it for a Gospel song.

Mariah held back on her whistle, PERIOD from like 95-01, that's just a fact, she was only bringing it out every now & then. But she held back alot. in that time.

Jarryl I see what you're doing and that's not gonna work on me. You ain't doin' nothing but posting videos of people who can hit the whistle register while singing church songs. Doing whistle registers while singing church songs isn't the norm and still my point remains. Mariah would have to hit the whistle register in order to be heard while singing with someone like Aretha. :coffee:

Jarryl I see what you're doing and that's not gonna work on me. You ain't doin' nothing but posting videos of people who can hit the whistle register while singing church songs. Doing whistle registers while singing church songs isn't the norm and still my point remains. Mariah would have to hit the whistle register in order to be heard while singing with someone like Aretha. :coffee:

But I'm literally answering your question

tell me what gospel song have you ever heard somebody hit whistle notes in when they're yelling out Jesus?

.The answer is Mariah & Chante Moore (Shanice too I think, Andy can confirm this), hitting the whistle note PERIOD isn't the norm which is my point, and had she done that in the song she would've outshined is the point I'm making, and that's why if you look at the vast majority of her dutes, be they Luther, Boyz, Patti, Aretha, Brian, etc. etc. etc. She rarely does her whistle for ANY of them, yet it was still in tact. Mariah gets that duets and collaborations arent about out shinning, their about shinning together, is what I'm saying.
  • Upvote 1

But I'm literally answering your question .The answer is Mariah & Chante Moore (Shanice too I think, Andy can confirm this), hitting the whistle note PERIOD isn't the norm which is my point, and had she done that in the song she would've outshined is the point I'm making, and that's why if you look at the vast majority of her dutes, be they Luther, Boyz, Patti, Aretha, Brian, etc. etc. etc. She rarely does her whistle for ANY of them, yet it was still in tact. Mariah gets that duets and collaborations arent about out shinning, their about shinning together, is what I'm saying.

ok as long as you know that Mariah wouldn't of been able to be heard while singing with Aretha unless she hit that whistle register just like the video proved. Aretha said help me out and Mariah and the other girls couldn't. Only Celine could and she did. Mariah has a great voice but she just doesn't have a strong voice. All those duets you just mentioned means nothing. If you say it was about shining together then why didn't Mariah "shine together" with Aretha like Celine did? lol Actually even before the church stuff Mariah still didn't shine together with Aretha.

ok as long as you know that Mariah wouldn't of been able to be heard while singing with Aretha unless she hit that whistle register just like the video proved. Aretha said help me out and Mariah and the other girls couldn't. Only Celine could and she did. Mariah has a great voice but she just doesn't have a strong voice. All those duets you just mentioned means nothing. If you say it was about shining together then why didn't Mariah "shine together" with Aretha like Celine did? lol Actually even before the church stuff Mariah still didn't shine together with Aretha.

Because I never said Mariah had a very powerful voice, it's the only thing her voice lacks, Celine does have more than her. So as far as that goes I agree to an extent but again I also still say if Mariah wanted to get her foot in there fully she could've and would've, cause tho she lacks power to say she has none would be doing too much And no those duets mentioned pretty much answer that she did and does hold back with other vocalists, because if she wanted to she could've answered that call with that whistle, and made that moment about her, and made every duet she's ever done about her. Celine didn't "shine together" with Aretha, Celine went extra, Mariah did good, she wasn't trying to compete.

The whistle register isn't used in gospel music because the music doesn't call for it. So it would have been stupid and out of place for Mariah to do it. That's called being a musician.

and that's another one of my points...thanks for agreeing even tho you weren't meaning to cause as you notice when Jarryl posted those links I said "it isn't the norm" :)
  • Upvote 1

But not all ppl posses the whistle register so it's kind of hard to argue this point. Those who have it will use it. I don't even think Aretha has a whistle register. Chante and Mariah do, that's why they use it.

• Upvote 1

:lmao: It's not the norm because the majority can't do it, the 2 who can (in the industry anyway) and made it work.

that still has nothing to do with the main point I mentioned in the first place which is and remains FACT is that MARIAH WOULD NOT BE HEARD SINGING AT THE SAME TIME IN A DUET WITH SOMEONE LIKE ARETHA UNLESS SHE HITS THE WHISTLE REGISTER. :)

that still has nothing to do with the main point I mentioned in the first place which is and remains FACT is that MARIAH WOULD NOT BE HEARD SINGING AT THE SAME TIME IN A DUET WITH SOMEONE LIKE ARETHA UNLESS SHE HITS THE WHISTLE REGISTER. :)

But did I not answer your question, which was my point to begin with? :)

Gospel or not, Mariah couldn't outsang anyone with her head voice, chest voice, whistle register, or playback.

Remember when Whitney destroyed her at the Oscars?

http://youtu.be/vIo9OpKh7BY

A mess.

She did have a better showing on Oprah though:

:clapping: @ her Mariah giving it her all at 3:33, then her voice pretty much cracks and runs out of steam, while Whitnay keeps chugging along (even during her her crack days). -_-

• Upvote 1

Gospel or not, Mariah couldn't outsang anyone with her head voice, chest voice, whistle register, or playback.

A mess.

She did have a better showing on Oprah though:

:clapping: @ her Mariah giving it her all at 3:33, then her voice pretty much cracks and runs out of steam, while Whitnay keeps chugging along (even during her her crack days). -_-

:lmao: @ you being all kinds of wrong.

Where is the consistency? I have seen you be a chederleader for Celine, Whit and Mariah. I've seen you say Celine was the better vocalist over Whit and Mariah. Then I've seen you put Whit at the top over the other two. Now it look like its Mariah's turn. Everyy single time we discuss them..that good ole opinion of yours switches.

My GODDDDDDD will you ever juss choose one? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

A mess.

lmao at Mariah's face at 2:38 She couldn't hang with Whitney and she knew it. :lol: I also love what Whitney did with that little run at 3:32