Remember when Celine went on a slaying spree and had the gurls shook?

Kim

@ 5:50

Big Bertha: "Come on y'all, help me now!"

Mariah: *Attempts*

@ 6:27

Big Bertha: "Come on, would you help me lift it? Help me lift it!"

The girls:

"You gon take this one?"

"Uh no..."

"Umm..."

Celine: "OH YEA-YEA-YEA-YEA-YEA!"

The other girls just gave up. :asham:

@ 5:50

Big Bertha: "Come on y'all, help me now!"

Mariah: *Attempts*

@ 6:27

Big Bertha: "Come on, would you help me lift it? Help me lift it!"

The girls:

"You gon take this one?"

"Uh no..."

"Umm..."

Celine: "OH YEA-YEA-YEA-YEA-YEA!"

The other girls just gave up. :asham:

hmm so would many assume Celine sings better than Mariah? :coffee:

Mariah held back to not outshine Aretha??? She could never which is why she didn't even try. It's clear the TRUE vocalist stepped up to the plate :lmao: Mariah, knew better..she ain't stupid, she can't hang :lmao: Go look at any duet she's ever done w/ a female live and you'll see that. Those STAN shades you Lambs have on are mighty foggy. :excited::lmao:

• Upvote 1

LOL @ Celine trying Aretha.

CRYING @ Aretha FINISHING Celine around the 2:58 mark with that chest belt. That is why resonance >

SCREAMING @ Mariah buckling the other girls by being an actual musician and interpreting her lines.

DIES @ Celine trying to sing at the end with NO knowledge of the gospel scale and copying each of Aretha's riffs.

• Upvote 4

LOL @ Celine trying Aretha.

CRYING @ Aretha FINISHING Celine around the 2:58 mark with that chest belt. That is why resonance >

SCREAMING @ Mariah buckling the other girls by being an actual musician and interpreting her lines.

DIES @ Celine trying to sing at the end with NO knowledge of the gospel scale and copying each of Aretha's riffs.

tumblr_mz3wzw2Xl71sn7zr6o8_250.gif

But can we talk about how the performance actually became more colorful, melodious, and soulful when Mariah started singing her solo part at 2:04?

Now I'm no longer daaaawww-oubtfoooaaaaal

Of whut I'm living fooooooaaarrr

And if I make you HAPpy AHHH-I don't need to do mooooHOOOOOAAAARRRRRR

mariah-hands-o.gif

Slaying even with a raspy voice!

• Upvote 3

But can we talk about how the performance actually became more colorful, melodious, and soulful when Mariah started singing her solo part at 2:04?

Now I'm no longer daaaawww-oubtfoooaaaaal

Of whut I'm living fooooooaaarrr

And if I make you HAPpy AHHH-I don't need to do mooooHOOOOOAAAARRRRRR

mariah-hands-o.gif

Slaying even with a raspy voice!

They don't wanna talk about that, if ya not being as loud/powerful as everyone else if not trying to be more your not doing anything to some.

During the call and response between Big Bertha and Celine, I think it was a case of, "Anything you can do, I can do better."

Carole talked about Big Bertha singing over Celine, but I think Carole is the one who felt disrespected after having her part snatched by Big Bertha:

So Celine basically said, "Enough is enough, Big B."

This performance was the shadiest mic toss since Diana passed the mic to Pattie. Celine said "bitch if you wanna do this we can do this"! :lol:

Ultimately Aretha is the queen, but i always respected Celine for giving her a run for her money that night. :yep:

MC was being respectful in my opinion, because she could have hit her whistle notes and shut a lot of shit down, as quiet as its kept. :coffee:

This performance was the shadiest mic toss since Diana passed the mic to Pattie. Celine said "bitch if you wanna do this we can do this"! :lol:

Ultimately Aretha is the queen, but i always respected Celine for giving her a run for her money that night. :yep:

MC was being respectful in my opinion, because she could have hit her whistle notes and shut a lot of shit down, as quiet as its kept. :coffee:

tell me what gospel song have you ever heard somebody hit whistle notes in when they're yelling out Jesus? Mariah couldn't hang or else she would've stepped up. She wasn't being respectful she was just scared