Big Cities and Gay Dating

Bailey

I thought the dating pool in a big city would be great considering there are alot of people. I live in Columbia, SC..the capital..it's not big or small..medium sized. But the gay scene sucks ass. There aren't many gay clubs here..but there are ALOT of gay people here. I don't get it.

When I went to ATL gay pride, I wanted to move to ATL..It's very cultured..gay friendly..and lots to do. I wouldn't move to the city, but outside of it..but party/hang out downtown ATL. Had a great time. And seen Shawn too. :wub:

My visit to Atlanta was uncomfortable. Being at the mall and different places, you will catch dudes who appear to be ..str8 and/or urban,thuggish hip-hop lookin dudes peepin you on the sneak. I mean its juss an interesting experience but makes a brutha feel cheap at the same time. It was like vultures waiting to come eat u alive. Other than that I liked Atlanta for alot of reasons

P.S. Shawn can kiss my ass, when I got their..he stays like a hr away from Atlanta, which I wasn't aware of. So, I was like Fuck Dat

Dating here in South Florida is a bit of a hot mess. The GLBTQ population is very visible here, but we have a lot of challenges.

A) The only social outlets for many gay men are through apps and bars. These apps are mostly for hooking up and too many guys need alcohol to enjoy themselves. We have SO MANY gay pride events, but you will see the same type of crowd there.

B) I work in the non-profit field with safer sex education and disease prevention, a lot of men still aren't educated on condom use, exposure to STIs, and many don't want to get tested. South Florida is an epicenter for new HIV and STI infections and it grows each year.

C) Too many guys are hung up on labels. They don't see other guys as humans, but as accessories or their sexual, their sexual fetish, or position.

D) A lot of guys are hooking up or in relationships for the wrong reasons, one of them being low self-esteem.

E) As large as the community is here, it is too small. There's not a 6 degrees of separation when you or your friend are dating someone who has slept with someone you have already slept with.

Detroit isn't as diverse like we got people like Atlanta but they broke

Exactly, and trust, no matter the size, moving to Cali (not even the 5 times I've come to visit her, LIVING here) makes Detroit seem like a country 1 horse town, where everybody knows your name LOL (but for me thats just cause I'm apart of the 5th generation of my family to be born there, so there literally is areas where if I drop last names they know my fam), out here you got all kinds of cultures and people, so it's a different world

Actually the Detroit area isn't the most uncultured place I've been (*cough*Indiana*Cough*Ohio*), they have Mexican Town (like how most places have China town), and Dearborn as we know has the largest Islamic community of the U.S.

Exactly, and trust, no matter the size, moving to Cali (not even the 5 times I've come to visit her, LIVING here) makes Detroit seem like a country 1 horse town, where everybody knows your name LOL (but for me thats just cause I'm apart of the 5th generation of my family to be born there, so there literally is areas where if I drop last names they know my fam), out here you got all kinds of cultures and people, so it's a different world

Actually the Detroit area isn't the most uncultured place I've been (*cough*Indiana*Cough*Ohio*), they have Mexican Town (like how most places have China town), and Dearborn as we know has the largest Islamic community of the U.S.

From what I hear, the problem is that all the vibrancy moved to Oakland County, so a lot of the immigrants and cultures are there.

From what I hear, the problem is that all the vibrancy moved to Oakland County, so a lot of the immigrants and cultures are there.

Well yea for the most part all of the culture is in the suburbs of Detroit like Oakland co, and Dearborn among them. Wheres as a whole the city of Detroit itself is overwhelmingly mostly black, then alot of Mexican, and then a sprinkle of caucasion lol, in almost all my school years & schools we had at least 3 white kids in the school for the most paret, sometimes alot more, and in 1 case none.

I thought the dating pool in a big city would be great considering there are alot of people. I live in Columbia, SC..the capital..it's not big or small..medium sized. But the gay scene sucks ass. There aren't many gay clubs here..but there are ALOT of gay people here. I don't get it.

When I went to ATL gay pride, I wanted to move to ATL..It's very cultured..gay friendly..and lots to do. I wouldn't move to the city, but outside of it..but party/hang out downtown ATL. Had a great time. And seen Shawn too. :wub:

why not move to the city? :unsure:

Well yea for the most part all of the culture is in the suburbs of Detroit like Oakland co, and Dearborn among them. Wheres as a whole the city of Detroit itself is overwhelmingly mostly black, then alot of Mexican, and then a sprinkle of caucasion lol, in almost all my school years & schools we had at least 3 white kids in the school for the most paret, sometimes alot more, and in 1 case none.

that's the truth about Detroit people don't know, its diverse, but segregated as all fucking hell, you got most Black folks in the actual city of Detroit, then you have the suburbs that surround the city and that's where folks with money live, I work in the suburban area, like Royal Oak, I swear to God I see Porches and Bentleys like it aint shit, I saw a dude today driving a Bentley and he looked like Wissam.....I was like where Janet? She better be in Brazil :filenails: