How do you guys feel about Janet having turned down Britney's hit "I'm slave for you"?

BlackCat1989

So I was listening to Howard Stern interview Pharell Williams and he brought up the fact that Janet passed on this song. And how he felt when it became a hit for BS.

I personally feel that Janet made a good decision on passing on this song. She would have been a 34-35 year old woman (not to mention a black woman at that) singing about being a slave for somebody. I don't think that would have been a good look at all. What works for one artist does't always work for another.

Side note I didn't appreciate how Howard was talking about how weird Mj was when Pharell was speaking about his experience with him. I am not a big Mj Fan at all, but damn the man is dead. Have some got damn respect!

We are so use to hearing Britney's version ..its hard for us to grasp Janet recording it. It probably would have been even better if she had did it. So I'm impartial,understandably..

And I dnt recall him speaking ill of MJ on this interview

Go back and listen to the first 15 mins of it. You will hear Howard comment about how weird Mj was. Pharell didn't respond to it he just kept talking about how much of a genius Mj was.

• Upvote 1

Go back and listen to the first 15 mins of it. You will hear Howard comment about how weird Mj was. Pharell didn't respond to it he just kept talking about how much of a genius Mj was.

Wow really Howard stern calling someone else weird. Most geniuses are off a bit as they should be. Glad Janet passed on the song though.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...