Jennifer Lopez New Album Predicted to Sell 30k First Week

Escapade

From Billboard:

Next week's No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 seems secure, as industry forecasters say Jack White's "Lazaretto" should bow atop the list without competition. But, look to the following week's list, and the tally should be flush with major sales -- and major stars.

On June 17, we'll see the retail arrivals of three albums that are all tentatively forecast by industry sources to sell over 100,000 in their first week: Lana Del Rey's "Ultraviolence," Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour" and Linkin Park's "The Hunting Party."

If sales projections hold, that week will be the first this year to see three albums each sell in excess of 100,000 copies. It last happened in the holiday frame ending Dec. 29, 2013. (The last time it occurred when sales weren't goosed by the Christmas shopping season was the week ending Oct. 6, 2013.)

Lana Del Rey's "Ultraviolence" leads the debut pack, with industry sources suggesting it could sell over 175,000 copies in the week ending June 22. It's Del Rey's second full-length album for Polydor/Interscope Records and is aiming to be her first chart-topper.

Del Rey's debut, "Born To Die," bowed and peaked at No. 2 with 77,000 sold in the week ending Feb. 5, 2012, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It surpassed 1 million in total U.S. sales in March, and its cumulative sum stands at 1.06 million.

Smith might move over 150,000 with his debut album -- though forecasters caution that figure could go higher. Linkin Park's early estimate stands at 100,000 to 125,000.

You may wonder: How can industry sources forecast first-week sales for an album before it has come out? Sales projections are based on a number of indicators. They include orders from physical retailers, pre-orders on digital services like iTunes, first-week performance of comparable albums, media exposure, radio and YouTube trends for the album's singles, and so on. Depending on how far out we are from an album's release, a forecast can be wildly different from the final outcome. In general, you can best guess an album's debut sales week once it's actually on sale.

Smith is currently blowing up the Billboard Hot 100 with his album's single "Stay With Me," which hit the top 10 for the first time on the chart dated June 21 (vaulting 19-10). The cut has sold 697,000 downloads so far, and moved 167,000 in the week ending June 8 (up a big 62 percent).

Veteran rockers Linkin Park have previously claimed five No. 1 albums -- including their last four consecutive studio releases. (They also notched a No. 1 with their "Collision Course" mash-ups album with Jay Z.) Linkin Park's last studio set, 2012's "Living Things," debuted at No. 1 with 223,000.

The band's current single, "Until It's Gone," is the act's 26th hit on the Alternative Songs chart, as it rises 35-29 in its second week. The group has logged 11 No. 1s on the chart -- the second-most among all acts (behind only Red Hot Chili Peppers' 12).

Also among the significant arrivals on June 17: deadmau5's "while(1<2)," Willie Nelson's "Band of Brothers," Jennifer Lopez's "A.K.A." and Tiesto's "A Town Called Paradise."

deadmau5's album is hitting digital retailers first, on June 17, and will see a physical release on June 24. His last album, 2012's "Album Title Goes Here," sold 58,000 in its first week (with 41,000 of that downloads). Sources suggest "while(1<2)" might bow with 40,000.

Lopez's latest might sell 30,000, while Tiesto is aiming for around 15,000. Lopez's last studio effort, 2011's "Love?," debuted and peaked at No. 5 off an 83,000 start. Tiesto's last artist album (as opposed to a DJ-mixed compilation) was 2009's "Kaleidoscope." It debuted and peaked at No. 59 with 11,000 first-week sales.

Nelson is a wild card in the bunch, as his last album, the 2013 duets set "To All the Girls," had a larger-than-usual debut thanks to a promotional campaign with QVC. The all-star collaborations album (which boasted Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert and more) bowed at No. 9 with 43,000 sold in its first week.

Nelson has partnered with the shopping network again, so "Band of Brothers" could see a boffo debut as well. However, "Band of Brothers" is not a collaborations set, and lacks A-list guests, so that could impact sales.

Welp.

I know right. To be fair, I consider myself a J. Lo fan but her music has been EXTREMELY shitty lately.

All This. Love was her best album in a LONNNNG time but she picks bad single choices except for the 1st single (going all the way back to album 1, her singles almost never reflect the tone of the albums, only the 1st 2 .I feel like the single choices were perfect), and seemingly only uses American Idol to promote music (thus nobody sees it). So it's sad but not really surprising, I'll check it out, but based on "I lu You Papi" my expectations arent exactly high.

^^^Same, I had a followup to what I already posted

But I'll just say this is my fave cover of her discography. JLo_-_AKA.png

My reply was to you posting that her album reviews were bad. Critics have never liked her tbh - she's always been 'slated' by them.. Tbh it's not unwarranted. She makes great singles (or did) but the album quality always falls flat. Rebirth could have been better but she dropped the ball choosing Hold You Down and after that people lost interest. Brave was just meh including the singles. I must admit she picked up a little with the Love album...but then she started trying the same formula with Pitbull and it's just annoying now. My favourite album/era is This Is Me...Then.

• Upvote 1

My reply was to you posting that her album reviews were bad. Critics have never liked her tbh - she's always been 'slated' by them.. Tbh it's not unwarranted. She makes great singles (or did) but the album quality always falls flat. Rebirth could have been better but she dropped the ball choosing Hold You Down and after that people lost interest. Brave was just meh including the singles. I must admit she picked up a little with the Love album...but then she started trying the same formula with Pitbull and it's just annoying now. My favourite album/era is This Is Me...Then.

Im a fan but I very much agree with every damn word lol, Her singles were always a bad representation of the albums, cause more often than not the album trackes were FORGETABLLLLLE, except I'd say This Is Me Then & Rebirth.. Oddly tho I say right now This Is Me Then is my fave complete album by her with the least filler,my fave era in terms of the videos and every single single has to be J.Lo, like the marketting for that album was just PERFECTION what every era should be.  And yea I see very much she is far from a critic fave lol. AND YAAAAAAAS AT HER/THE LABEL FUCKING UP HUGE BY PICKING THAT WEAK ASS HOLD YOU DOWN!, That song is 1 of those forgetable album tracks, that album had alot of single potential and only had 2? Ugh. I thought Love? also had alot of single potential too.

Ironically I see Love? went through the exact same thing that Me I Am Mariah went through, 2 years of pushbacks, starting and stopping, and restarting. It's amazing that On The Floor did what it did after SOOO many single attempts before it, but Idol used the last juice of it's life to breath life into that 1 songs success. i think/am sure that's why she seemingly ONLY promotes her new music on there....I think this era will be her rude awakening that Love? almost was.

Im a fan but I very much agree with every damn word lol, Her singles were always a bad representation of the albums, cause more often than not the album trackes were FORGETABLLLLLE, except I'd say This Is Me Then & Rebirth.. Oddly tho I say right now This Is Me Then is my fave complete album by her with the least filler,my fave era in terms of the videos and every single single has to be J.Lo, like the marketting for that album was just PERFECTION what every era should be.  And yea I see very much she is far from a critic fave lol. AND YAAAAAAAS AT HER/THE LABEL FUCKING UP HUGE BY PICKING THAT WEAK ASS HOLD YOU DOWN!, That song is 1 of those forgetable album tracks, that album had alot of single potential and only had 2? Ugh. I thought Love? also had alot of single potential too.

Ironically I see Love? went through the exact same thing that Me I Am Mariah went through, 2 years of pushbacks, starting and stopping, and restarting. It's amazing that On The Floor did what it did after SOOO many single attempts before it, but Idol used the last juice of it's life to breath life into that 1 songs success. i think/am sure that's why she seemingly ONLY promotes her new music on there....I think this era will be her rude awakening that Love? almost was.

They should have picked Cherry Pie or I Got U. Step Into My World would have been a nice choice too and end with He'll Be Back (which I feel Brandy would have slayed on Afro lol). Tbh Rebirth was great but a lot of filler too. This Is Me Then is near perfection and the single choices were on point (although I would have liked Loving You to be released)

I stanned for On The Floor :lol:. I actually loved I'm Into You and Papi too haha. But the album...nothing stood out.

They should have picked Cherry Pie or I Got U. Step Into My World would have been a nice choice too and end with He'll Be Back (which I feel Brandy would have slayed on Afro lol). Tbh Rebirth was great but a lot of filler too. This Is Me Then is near perfection and the single choices were on point (although I would have liked Loving You to be released)

I stanned for On The Floor :lol:. I actually loved I'm Into You and Papi too haha. But the album...nothing stood out.

He'll Be Back is my shit!!!! ...Rebirth is kind of a decent album

It doesn't matter what song she picked or which song features Pitbull

JLo career was over a long time ago.. 30k seems just right

Mariah is somewhere smiling that she sold 20k more copies than JLo :asham:

Obviously, because the music is shit :umm:

Game you still are the only person that I've seen say the album is garbage. Usually it'll be mixed reviews by the public...but not one person I have seen say anything negative. You seem to be in the minority, ALONE lol

100k in three weeks says otherwise, so No I'd say you're in the minority :coffee: I'm, like more tha 98% of the US music market, ignored this album much like Mariah Carey ignores promotion and singing live

isn't shit or isn't ironic?

with less than 100k in two weeks.. I think we can call that shit

idk if I used ironic correctly.. but Mariah claims she doesn't know who JLo is yet sold about the same amount as her

The quality isn't shit. Quality doesn't necessarily mean high sales -_-

With one album...meanwhile overall Mariah has every reason to not know who Jello is -_-.

The quality isn't shit. Quality doesn't necessarily mean high sales -_-

With one album...meanwhile overall Mariah has every reason to not know who Jello is -_-.

Oh in that case.. The quality of jLo album is superior to the quality of Maria's. Ya know.. Since it's not based on the Sales of an artist.. The same artist who brags about selling 200m records and is the allege best selling female artist :umm:

#hypocrisy

Not at all surprised at these sales. She's beyond her peak, "I Luh You Papi" flopped and "First Love" is now rising, and she's done her promotion on platforms that no longer move units (American Idol and Billboard Music Awards). She's also got too many videos and features out ("Same Girl", "Booty", "Adrenalina", and "We Are One"). 

Oh in that case.. The quality of jLo album is superior to the quality of Maria's. Ya know.. Since it's not based on the Sales of an artist.. The same artist who brags about selling 200m records and is the allege best selling female artist :umm:

#hypocrisy

You completely missed the point. It's something you'll never understand despite multiple people explaining it to you multiple times over the years. Sgt Pepper is The Beatles best selling album - that doesn't make it their best album...in fact it's a shit album. Thriller is Michaels most successful album but some would say it is not as good as Bad. I can name 10 albums that are great that aren't platinum just like I can name 10 platinum albums that are not that good (meanwhile these two albums will struggle to go gold).