Who will be Billboards artist of the decade in 2019?

bu.

AOTD  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Billboards artist of the decade in 2019?

• Rihanna
    • Beyonce
    • Katy Perry
    • Adele
    • Justin Timberlake
    • Bruno Mars
    • Lady Gaga
    • Taylor Swift
    • Other

Let's see....

* 2 albums that both sold over 2 million in the USA.

* 11 singles that peaked in the top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100, 5 of which went to #1.

* His singles have sold 40 million in the USA.

* His airplay slays Adele's.

But your vote went to Rihanna :umm::lol:

Let's see....

* 11 singles that peaked in the top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100, 5 of which went to #1.

If he continues to play his cards right if it's any male this decade that will king it it'll more than likely be him.

Let's see....

Oh I had no idea -_-

I think in order to really KING a decade you have to be fairly new at the start of it like how Britney & Em were in the 2000's, and MC was in the 90's. I'd love it if Rih had this but it's a very real possibility that because she's not exactly new the downfall could start faster for her than it would for Adele, Taylor & Bruno & even Katy. But it all remains to be seen.

If Adele and Rih happen to disappear she might have a shot :ph34r:

.............what are you plotting, if I open your trunk Im not gonna find rope & gags & tape....... :shifty: well I think I would find those, but they wouldn't be to kidnap Adele & Rih for Gaga to have a shot would they? :umm:

Unless JT can prove he can change it up, I doubt he will be a dominate force will into this decade whether he releases more consistently or not. But at least he's established himself as a force in touring.

Yeah, as if the other ppl mentioned has been "switching" it up... Theyve been stickin to their same ol same ol sound that works for them as well. So far JT hasn't lost the publics interest ..you cant speculate when no steam has been lost yet.. yall wrote Beyonce off w the "4" album and look what happened...she's back On Top.

Lol @ people even thinking of JT. No way in hell

:mellow: does the biggest sales mean anything to you ppl? :mellow: if you outselling ppl Each time you come out..how is it No Way in hell? Has Katy outsold everybody, Has Rihanna? Has Bruno? Nope. The only ppl who have outsold everyone during their eras was Taylor and Adele and Justin. :lmao: and let me say it again .. Justin! 2 out of his 3 albums outsold everyone :lmao: . So ... Yeah ... Wtf? The numbers don't lie.

• Upvote 1

Unless JT can prove he can change it up, I doubt he will be a dominate force will into this decade whether he releases more consistently or not. But at least he's established himself as a force in touring.

He'll do fine.. Similar to the 20/20E pt. II.. He'll win awards...Tour..  JT would be legend... wait for it.... by the end of this decade unless he fucks it up dary

:mellow: does the biggest sales mean anything to you ppl? :mellow: if you outselling ppl Each time you come out..how is it No Way in hell? Has Katy outsold everybody, Has Rihanna? Has Bruno? Nope. The only ppl who have outsold everyone during their eras was Taylor and Adele and Justin. :lmao: and let me say it again .. Justin! 2 out of his 3 albums outsold everyone :lmao: . So ... Yeah ... Wtf? The numbers don't lie.

Please!! People are STILL bitter bc that thing Janet Jackson did in 2004 -_- .. And I think we should welcome back on JT's US summer leg

AND

Having the most expensive (ticket prices) tour of the summer

But your vote went to Rihanna :umm::lol:

Because she can be the artist of the decade. I definitely see her maintaining her sales and getting stronger airplay. I was just sharing some of Bruno's stats for those not in the know.

Yeah, as if the other ppl mentioned has been "switching" it up... Theyve been stickin to their same ol same ol sound that works for them as well. So far JT hasn't lost the publics interest ..you cant speculate when no steam has been lost yet.. yall wrote Beyonce off w the "4" album and look what happened...she's back On Top.

He's still a force. But I do think some cracks are showing though. It seems like the 20/20 experience was hot for a few months then kinda faded. Part II wasn't received, but Not A Bad Thing did well despite good but not great sales (and radio really using it). He is not in trouble but he is vulnerable of the tide turning on him

I personally never wrote Beyonce off, but I wouldn't call her self-titled album a comeback though. The success was more of an indication that her career isn't in trouble just yet. I think she through out everything at once because she risked her sales decreasing releasing the traditional way.

Please!! People are STILL bitter bc that thing Janet Jackson did in 2004 -_- .. And I think we should welcome back on JT's US summer leg

AND

Having the most expensive (ticket prices) tour of the summer

I honestly rather not have to talk about that. But you JT stans love throwing that at us (Janet fans who dislike JT) bc you can't accept some people are not crazy about him as you are.  

• Upvote 2

I honestly rather not have to talk about that. But you JT stans love throwing that at us (Janet fans who dislike JT) bc you can't accept some people are not crazy about him as you are.

I don't mind if any one doesn't like him. But don't discredit him

It's funny though, the same Janet fans that dislikes him, are the first to ignore his accomplishments