School District To Hand Out Condoms to Middle School Students....THOUGHTS?

janetDAYZ

Ahhhh I don't know how the bday thing works.. But I'm a January baby

You have to be at least 5 years old by September 30th of the year you're first enrolling into the school system (since this usually starts at Kindergarten and you go from there). You were well ahead like my little sis. I made it by a month and a half. :lol:

It weirds me out to think of kids that age having sex though. I was 18, and still feel very pure and virginal tbh -_-

the lies we tell :lmao: anywho :rolleyes: Im all for it too, I think the truth those parents have to face is their kids are fucking. That means they either face being grand parents or have em wrap it up.....besides once those boys get a taste of it raw, they won't want to stop -_-

• Upvote 1

I think the age cutoff for us was around mid-September, but there's always been overlap. As for me, in 6th grade, I was 11½ in the 1st semester then 12 in the 2nd semester lol.

I think as long as you're in what's considered "normal" for your age then all should be fine, this of course doesn't account for children that are advanced yet have gone unnoticed, and I've seen that even sub-teaching, this also doesn't account sadly for kids that get "passed" on that probably shouldn't be. I can say, gratefully, I had very little trouble with school as a child, unless I couldn't be arsed with it, and even as an adult I displayed those tendencies, but when I was 5, I was in kindergarten, I honestly think at 4 I was probably ready for pre-school, but for some reason or another my parents couldn't be arsed with me in pre-school.....:filenails:

You only need to look at the rates of pregnancies and std infections in the bible belt and red states in the south to see that abstinence only education doesn't work.

good point....so then one has to wonder at what point does the reality change the behaviors? I mean you basically have folks of the belief that sex invokes sin, and there are those that are grounded in the idea that pre-martial sex is wrong, talking to your kids about sex is not only awkward to say the least, but also forbidden, like sex is dirty. I'm saying this, in Oregon, somehow those gurls got pregnant in enough numbers to enact change, that the problem had to be out in the open plain as day, not swept under the rug, a problem that meant we have to do something different. I would hope to see this on a larger scale, but I don't know how that would be considered important against local economies, my area's school district is crumbling, they lay teachers off, and the kids are not learning a damn thing :filenails: