Janet Jackson adds third Gibson Amphitheatre performance, after first dates sell out

cnd

Janet Jackson adds third Gibson Amphitheatre performance, after first dates sell out

January 24, 2011 | 11:57 am

Janet Janet Jackson is quickly becoming the hottest ticket of the year.

Her “Number Ones: Up Close and Personal Tour” is now extending its run in Los Angeles to a third date.

After tickets to the April 14 Gibson Amphitheatre sold out in less than 10 minutes, Jackson added an additional performance for April 15 -- which quickly sold out, as well.

Jackson and Live Nation have now added an additional Gibson Amphitheatre performance for Saturday, April 16.

The 35-city tour has also sold out multiple nights in New York, Toronto, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Atlantic City, N.J., as well as single nights in Atlanta and Santa Barbara. Her website sold more than 96% of the presale tickets for the North American tour on the first day of presales.

Additional dates have also been added in Chicago, Toronto, New York, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco.

For this trek, Jackson has called on her fans to vote for the 35 cities (one for each of her 35 No. 1 hits) that would constitute the itinerary, with dates in Singapore, Hong Kong and Manila being the first to be announced.

"These concerts will be different from anything I have ever done. I will be as up close and personal as possible," Jackson said in a statement. "These concerts are not about special effects. This is a love affair between me and those of you who have supported me and my work for all these years. I'll be singing and dancing from my heart. The music will all be songs that you've made number ones for me. Let's go!”

-- Gerrick D. Kennedy

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/01/janet-jackson-adds-third-gibson-amphitheatre-performance-after-first-two-sell-out.html

What's going on? I'm glad to see Janet performing but I hope she isn't being too ambitious :unsure: ... Three nights is a row? Ms. Katherine, have a word with your baby and tell her not to work herself too hard -_- .

January 24, 2011 | 11:57 am

Janet Janet Jackson is quickly becoming the hottest ticket of the year.

Her “Number Ones: Up Close and Personal Tour” is now extending its run in Los Angeles to a third date.

After tickets to the April 14 Gibson Amphitheatre sold out in less than 10 minutes, Jackson added an additional performance for April 15 -- which quickly sold out, as well.

Jackson and Live Nation have now added an additional Gibson Amphitheatre performance for Saturday, April 16.

The 35-city tour has also sold out multiple nights in New York, Toronto, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Atlantic City, N.J., as well as single nights in Atlanta and Santa Barbara. Her website sold more than 96% of the presale tickets for the North American tour on the first day of presales.

Additional dates have also been added in Chicago, Toronto, New York, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco.

For this trek, Jackson has called on her fans to vote for the 35 cities (one for each of her 35 No. 1 hits) that would constitute the itinerary, with dates in Singapore, Hong Kong and Manila being the first to be announced.

"These concerts will be different from anything I have ever done. I will be as up close and personal as possible," Jackson said in a statement. "These concerts are not about special effects. This is a love affair between me and those of you who have supported me and my work for all these years. I'll be singing and dancing from my heart. The music will all be songs that you've made number ones for me. Let's go!”

-- Gerrick D. Kennedy

http://latimesblogs....o-sell-out.html

What's going on? I'm glad to see Janet performing but I hope she isn't being too ambitious :unsure: ... Three nights is a row? Ms. Katherine, have a word with your baby and tell her not to work herself too hard -_- .

That's nothing. Janet has done 3 nights in a row many of times on her past tours.

That's nothing. Janet has done 3 nights in a row many of times on her past tours.

Someone brought this up on the Xone and I told them it was only 2 or 3 cities that have 3 dates in a row.. Plus this a scaled back show, she is not going to be non stop for 2.5 hours..

Someone brought this up on the Xone and I told them it was only 2 or 3 cities that have 3 dates in a row.. Plus this a scaled back show, she is not going to be non stop for 2.5 hours..

But its not like its completely unheard of anyway..its plenty of artists that has done 3 shows in a row while on tour

But its not like its completely unheard of anyway..its plenty of artists that has done 3 shows in a row while on tour

Doing a show has to, at the very least, be like running a 10k. I could do that maybe three times a week. But not on consecutive days. I'm just saying that the body needs to recover, that's all I'm saying. I just want her to take care of herself so that we can have her in our presence as long as possible-_-

Doing a show has to, at the very least, be like running a 10k. I could do that maybe three times a week. But not on consecutive days. I'm just saying that the body needs to recover, that's all I'm saying. I just want her to take care of herself so that we can have her in our presence as long as possible-_-

It is unhealthy...but thats the business they're in..FOREVER on the go and over working themselves..but over the years its something they kinda become immune to. Those 3 shows are just another walk in the park for her...trust me

Archived