North Charleston Police Officer charged with Murder

Bailey

WASHINGTON — A white police officer in North Charleston, S.C., was charged with murder on Tuesday after a video surfaced showing him shooting in the back and killing an apparently unarmed black man while the man ran away.

The officer, Michael T. Slager, 33, said he had feared for his life because the man had taken his stun gun in a scuffle after a traffic stop on Saturday. A video, however, shows the officer firing eight times as the man, Walter L. Scott, 50, fled. The North Charleston mayor announced the state charges at a news conference Tuesday evening.

Thank God for cameras :filenails:

ABC showed the officer in that familiar white and black stripped jump suit....bitch :umm:

Yeah it's clearly murder

But let's not take this opportunity to jump to conclusions.

Remember, he will be given a trial of his peers if he chooses to plead "not guilty" :umm:

the officer reported the suspect grabbed his Taser, the same taser that appears to be lodged in the victim running away, and the same taser the officer is seen dropping. It boggles my mind that a man can be shot at 8 times, and they said 5 hit him, and these cops cuff him ....if someone has been shot thus neutralized....call for an ambulance.

I must say it feels at least right to see the officer in prison grab. The mayor of North Charleston is NOT defending this...says a lot.

Yes.. He planted false evidence

Not defending him.. It was a panic reaction.. He didn't know what else to do.

I hope he pleads guilty. No need to drag this out in trial

This tells people be ready to cam something.....imagine how powerful this video is in a court

the officer reported the suspect grabbed his Taser, the same taser that appears to be lodged in the victim running away, and the same taser the officer is seen dropping. It boggles my mind that a man can be shot at 8 times, and they said 5 hit him, and these cops cuff him ....if someone has been shot thus neutralized....call for an ambulance.

I must say it feels at least right to see the officer in prison grab. The mayor of North Charleston is NOT defending this...says a lot.

Same thing going on here in my city. White officer cheating on his wife with Jason's wife. Jason followed his wife that night and caught her there with the officer who was actually his friend smh. The Officer Thomas is on paid suspension as of now. The funeral was today. Bitch was there with their 2 kids which actually her and Jason only have the 5yr old girl together but Jason 29 was raising her 10yr old son as his own. She nor her family shed a tear at the funeral 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSztuyiLiI

That sounds nice but thats not 100% accurate.

I'm not denying that "black vs. white" has a significant role here. My point is that the leading issue is excessive force on the part of law enforcement since this problem is and has been in other minority communities and has even started to spread into the white communities as well. It's become an epidemic for officers to use deadly force to reach their ends. It's been a problem for blacks forever and they've had it worst, but it's spread much farther than that.

• Upvote 1

I'm not denying that "black vs. white" has a significant role here. My point is that the leading issue is excessive force on the part of law enforcement since this problem is and has been in other minority communities and has even started to spread into the white communities as well. It's become an epidemic for officers to use deadly force to reach their ends. It's been a problem for blacks forever and they've had it worst, but it's spread much farther than that.

yeah and soon enough it's gonna start happening to the whites themselves and that's when they'll finally start seeing there's a problem

yeah and soon enough it's gonna start happening to the whites themselves and that's when they'll finally start seeing there's a problem

It already has started happening to them like I mentioned, too. Not large scale, but it has and some are finally starting to see it. Some guys in my class were just discussing it in my class today when this story came up. Slowly, but surely.

It already has started happening to them like I mentioned, too. Not large scale, but it has and some are finally starting to see it. Some guys in my class were just discussing it in my class today when this story came up. Slowly, but surely.

well it's good that they're finally seeing it. Well actually i'm sure many of them already saw it but made excuses and everything to go in the officers favor until it started happening to their own race which is sad.

fired? Is that it? Just fired? smdh

well that's the least of his concerns, he was charged with murder.....and let's say he gets time, goes to prison, a cop that killed someone Black running away like that....oh he gonna be that bitch they come for :yep:

It's less about White vs. Black, and more about Blue vs. You.

You meaning black men.  If this guy gets off all hell will break lose.  You have this idiot who blew up the boston marathon and somehow they were able to apprehend him alive and you have a guy pulled over for a broken tail light and he gets riddled with bullets from behind.  Makes no sense

You meaning black men.  If this guy gets off all hell will break lose.  You have this idiot who blew up the boston marathon and somehow they were able to apprehend him alive and you have a guy pulled over for a broken tail light and he gets riddled with bullets from behind.  Makes no sense

"You" meaning damn near anyone. Just the other day I saw a video of cops beating the shit out of a pregnant white woman, a veteran no less, when she was nine months pregnant. Also I saw a story of a Latino teenager shot in the back twice in Chicago while the police said he committed suicide. Black men have had it hardest, but it isn't just a problem for them. Like I said, this is a widespread issue.

• Upvote 1

"You" meaning damn near anyone. Just the other day I saw a video of cops beating the shit out of a pregnant white woman, a veteran no less, when she was nine months pregnant. Also I saw a story of a Latino teenager shot in the back twice in Chicago while the police said he committed suicide. Black men have had it hardest, but it isn't just a problem for them. Like I said, this is a widespread issue.

King her

Some people simply watch local news and expects them to tell you everything. There are plenty of things that go under the radar. Thank you Rey for being informed

King her

Some people simply watch local news and expects them to tell you everything. There are plenty of things that go under the radar. Thank you Rey for being informed

Exactly right. All you need to do is widen your gaze outside of your own community to see just how horribly common these tragedies are.

Also, in case someone wants the receipts:

Pedro Rios - http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/29989-non-fatal-how-a-boy-s-deadly-shooting-by-chicago-police-uncovers-accountability-mechanisms-designed-to-fail

Pregnant veteran - http://rt.com/usa/248125-texas-woman-punched-police/