R&B singer Monica debuts new look for new album

bu.

I appreciate the sentiment but I stopped paying attention right around 2003 and completely gave up in 2006. The ratchetness was the nail in the coffin for me. I realized then I didn't like her enough to give her another chance :lol: But I wish her well.

I'd say give the Still Standing album a chance. It was a return to form imo.

I'd say give the Still Standing album a chance. It was a return to form imo.

I'll be honest. I will probably not listen to it this year. Then somewhere down the line, I will remember this thread, your comment, and go listen to it.

• Upvote 1

Speak it, Bu!!!! That's exactly what I was gonna say to them

Ā 

Haha! Did you like her last album?

Ā 

Eh Still Flopping was what it was.. Forgettable, bland, R&B by Monica.. Whose career revolves around bland R&B

Ā 

Have a seat. Ā 

Ā 

I highly doubt you've heard the album anyway so who cares about your opinion. This conversation isn't for you. Go to those other threads talkin about hit albums or whatever it is you do.

Ā 

Lol

Ā 

Yeah.. Bc I'm the type to comment on an album that I've never heard. I'm not trolling Monica.. She has a great voice and I respect her far more than Brand'Nu.. But let's not

Ā 

:rolleyes:

Ā 

I'll be honest. I will probably not listen to it this year. Then somewhere down the line, I will remember this thread, your comment, and go listen to it.

Ā 

:lmao:!Ā 

Honestly, I kinda liked Rachet Monica :coffee:

Ā 

Yall can shade all yall want too, but "So Gone" was EVERYTHING! :w00t:

Ā 

And I still bop to "Everytime the beat drop" :yahoo:

Ā 

I preferred Raw to Everytime The Beat Drop tbh :asham:

Mo is >>>

Ā 

DEAD at Still Flopping. Why is Game trying to place Black artists on par with mainstream sales when radio in the past few years make it impossible for these artist to sell/crossover. I guess he is trying to be funny (by stating the obvious??) but it adds not critical benefit to try and call R&B albums by black artists "Flops"

Ā 

anyway tho, Still Standing was real cute

Ā 

This >

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I HATED that song and it ruined the era for me. I don't even know what was released after that song..

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'm not gonna lie:Ā  So Gone was MY SONG!Ā  I bought the album off of the strength of her name and that single.Ā  The rest of it didn't live up to it, and that's where it went downhill.Ā  I didn't even complain when a couple years before that she was struggle dancing in the All Eyez on Me video tryna show off in front of ole boy from The Secret World of Alex Mack.Ā  I was still bopping my head.Ā  She just lost me with that album.Ā 

Ā 

And I couldn't get into Every time the Beat Drop :(

So Gone is considered to be "ratchet"? :unsure:

Ratchet to me is "Pour It Up".."Bow Down".."Bitch Betta Have My Money".."Diva"

So Gone is a Disney record compared to those songs :lol: its URBAN-heavy i Would say but ratchet? Brandy's & Chris's "Put It Down" ..was urban heavy but I wouldnt call that ratchet either

I'm not gonna lie:Ā  So Gone was MY SONG!Ā  I bought the album off of the strength of her name and that single.Ā  The rest of it didn't live up to it, and that's where it went downhill.Ā  I didn't even complain when a couple years before that she was struggle dancing in the All Eyez on Me video tryna show off in front of ole boy from The Secret World of Alex Mack.Ā  I was still bopping my head.Ā  She just lost me with that album.Ā 

Ā 

And I couldn't get into Every time the Beat Drop :(

I agree, except I enjoy that album actually but it's the last 1 that I did, that next album..ugh. I liked Everytime The Beat drop but theres nothing special or unique about that song, it's Ciara worthy. I liked Still Standing as a album but it wasn't special for me either, she hasn't really been a factor to me since After The Storm