Norman....and you were saying what about walmart shoppers??

janetDAYZ

And if stanning for ur job makes you happy ..fine ..i get it. They pay your bills.

:lol: I'm not stanning for my place of employment... Even if I didn't work there, I would still not shop at Walmart (unless I lived in the middle of no where where a Target store isn't the most convenient place to shop) based on their principles over the years.

To this day, many people still think Target is "expensive". I cannot tell you how many people I've heard say "omg this is expensive here".. Of course people don't do their research but our prices are about the same or cents above Walmart. (Bc we don't do the $0.88 pricing points. Our price point usually end with $0.99)

i haven't been to a Walmart since November and I won't say why but i was in and out

Good for you Game...why do u care where someone else shops? If ppl wanna spend $5 to even one penny less..then economically its smarter,right? Why is that a problem for you? Walmart is successful and massive for a REASON. You make it sound like a bad idea to shop at walmart over Target :blink: The world we live in..you know the everyday normal person, if you aint RICH then every penny counts. Cutting corners is one of the smartest things you can do in life. Being a bargain shopper is key for your pockets.

Good for you Game...why do u care where someone else shops? If ppl wanna spend $5 to even one penny less..then economically its smarter,right? Why is that a problem for you? Walmart is successful and massive for a REASON. You make it sound like a bad idea to shop at walmart over Target :blink: The world we live in..you know the everyday normal person, if you aint RICH then every penny counts. Cutting corners is one of the smarted things you can do in life. Being a bargain shopper is key for your pockets.

I don't care, as long as people don't shop at Pharmacy stores :lol: I won't go into that

Walmart and Target are both successful and massive. Walmart is the leader bc it promised to give the consumers the "lowest price guarantee". Over the last couple years, Walmart has been on a slow decline while Target has been climbing

Being a bargain shopper doesn't mean you shop at one place and that's it. Walmart's pricing isn't THAT much cheaper.

There are many articles that will compare prices of both stores.. Let's see if I can find the article I read recently.

Twice a year, Kantar Retail price-compares identical products of both stores. In 2014 they found that their 39 items at Target was $235.34, and at Walmart it was $232.55 – which means you’d save a little less than $3 by shopping at Walmart or 1.2%

But what they don't take in effect is Target's loyalty program, Target's Cartwheel App, and coupons. If a "bargain shopper" wanted the lowest price, they would sign up for a Target's REDcard which decreases the total spent in-store and online by 5% or to $223.57. That's a $9 savings.. If you add in Cartwheel (Target's exclusive couponing app), that $9 can turn over into an even larger larger savings.

Again, people don't do their research. A bargain-shopper or penny-pincher would know that #TheMoreYouKnow

*http://couponsinthenews.com/2014/08/22/why-walmart-doesnt-really-beat-target-on-prices/

Walmart (2014)

$476.29 billion

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/wmt/financials

Target (2014)

$71.28 billion

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/tgt/financials

This is all that matters in business.

Congratulations on posting which one obviously makes more money.. Too bad this thread isn't about business as it is about consumerism :)

giphy.gif

Based on the numbers, it's clear the consumers prefer Walmart.

Untitled2-vi.gif

I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/these-10-retailers-had-the-worst-customer-satisfaction-ratings-for-2013/2014/02/27/a0860cb4-9f25-11e3-a050-dc3322a94fa7_story.html

Wal-Mart

The world’s biggest retailer received the dubious honor of being ranked No. 1 on this list. Wal-Mart’s score was unchanged from last year. The report said Wal-Mart has had low customer satisfaction rankings for at least a decade. Wal-Mart’s last earnings report wasn’t great, and the discount store isn’t very optimistic about 2014.

26-michelle-obama-target-42-31147199.w52