Have you ever clocked a fake Janet stan/fan?

My homegirl used to a be Janet fan in the day, I'd actually say she was more of a casual listener. Now that the Queen's back, fabulous, and the interest high...she wants jock Janet's line talking about "I'm still her #1 fan!!!" Hmm, I remember back when 20 Y.O. and Discipline dropped I couldn't even get her to listen to one track on either album. But that was a period when Janet was blacklisted, treated poorly by radio and the media. She texted me about Janet's comeback, I was like "what about it?" I told her off, she didn't ride for the Queen during the dark years so I'm not celebrating Janet's return w/ her. Only die hard, hardcore stans that never left and stood by her.

• Upvote 1

A lot of fans didn't see it for Janet back in the 20 YO days, her music was mediocre and her relationship with JD made her seem to normal. I think a lot of her old fans are salivating for some new Janet after she disappeared from the public eye and regained that mysterious element that made her so interesting. And with news that she is working with Jimmy and Terry again.... a lot of old stans, fans are excited and waiting to see what she has up her sleeve. Don't rain on their parade, you should revel in the fact that you still saw it for her and never turned your back even in her 'darkest' days.

• Upvote 1

I use to know a dude that use to love Janet and was a stan prior to SB ...and he would talk shit about how Janet wasnt "JANET" no more.. shes not "If" janet no more as he would say. The janet i knew was ground breaking and shutting others down. He would say shit like that. And how she just "lost it" and shes a flop now and ewww her fashion. He use to piss me OFFFFFFF when we would get on that subject meanwhile he was stanning for Brandy :blink: I use to light into his ass. You cant talk about Janet being a fuvkin flop when Brandy has been flopping since her 3rd allbum. Only TWO hit albums. Sit The Fuck Down Please!!

• Upvote 1

Someone needs to clock that fat ass Kevin from the Skorpion show. He claims to be a stan, but he doesn't even know the lyrics to If. Umm, what? How the fuck you don't know the lyrics to If? Do you not know that the lyrics are on the janet. CD booklet. Any Janet stan knows that.

Someone needs to clock that fat ass Kevin from the Skorpion show. He claims to be a stan, but he doesn't even know the lyrics to If. Umm, what? How the fuck you don't know the lyrics to If? Do you not know that the lyrics are on the janet. CD booklet. Any Janet stan knows that.

It's not that serious

Well you have stans/fans that dont know all of Janet's stats, like Norman.. but i guess its no biggie. I dnt think it makes him any less of a fan

My homegirl used to a be Janet fan in the day, I'd actually say she was more of a casual listener. Now that the Queen's back, fabulous, and the interest high...she wants jock Janet's line talking about "I'm still her #1 fan!!!" Hmm, I remember back when 20 Y.O. and Discipline dropped I couldn't even get her to listen to one track on either album. But that was a period when Janet was blacklisted, treated poorly by radio and the media. She texted me about Janet's comeback, I was like "what about it?" I told her off, she didn't ride for the Queen during the dark years so I'm not celebrating Janet's return w/ her. Only die hard, hardcore stans that never left and stood by her.

I would do the same and I would go so far as to call her a bandwagon stan.

There is a difference between thinking she fail off creatively and her later output wasn't up to par. NO ONE stays on top forever. Whether it be in terms of success or creativity.

However, trashing her because of that is where I draw the line. A lot of people stopped following her, simply because she wasn't "in" anymore. Don't jump up in my face with the bandwagon stanning because the media/public are excited about her return.

Do that all you want. I just won't acknowledge you....  kGJf3Il.gif

• Upvote 2