Oooooh Really?????

janetDAYZ

It only strengthens Janet in my eyes as a powerhouse.

But the public is not you,or us for that matter. Yes, to us it says shes HBIC but to the public that kind of comment can make her sound like she's a bitch, a diva, an overly demanding hussy and that is bad for business. Im not saying this is gonna tarnish her future endeavors or anything but i get what Bailey is saying. There IS a difference between someone being a BITCH and someone standing up for themselves. And Janet is not a bitch/diva. She is a fighter. But his comment can be misinterpreted if ppl dnt know the backstory of the relationship between Janet and LA which the avg person (outside of the Janet fanbase) dont. Its that simple
  • Upvote 2

But the public is not you,or us for that matter. Yes, to us it says shes HBIC but to the public that kind of comment can make her sound like she's a bitch, a diva, an overly demanding hussy and that is bad for business. Im not saying this is gonna tarnish her future endeavors or anything but i get what Bailey is saying. There IS a difference between someone being a BITCH and someone standing up for themselves. And Janet is not a bitch/diva. She is a fighter. But his comment can be misinterpreted if ppl dnt know the backstory of the relationship between Janet and LA which the avg person (outside of the Janet fanbase) dont. Its that simple

I see your point but not enough people care for LA Reid to begin with and he's the only person to say this in the past 30 years

I don't think people take him that serious.

Theres ppl that will always wanna believe the negative. Its a human error in our make up

People will most definitely believe what the want. Someone, somewhere will say "I knew she was a b***h!" 

However, LA Reid doesn't hold the kind of weight that it'll change anyone's opinion of Janet. Also, he has a reputation concerning how he deals with artists too. Therefore, most won't care one way or the other.

• Upvote 1

People will most definitely believe what the want. Someone, somewhere will say "I knew she was a b***h!"

However, LA Reid doesn't hold the kind of weight that it'll change anyone's opinion of Janet. Also, he has a reputation concerning how he deals with artists too. Therefore, most won't care one way or the other.

If you read what I said to Norman...i practically said what you just did.

I stated "Not to say what LA said will keep any future endeavors from happening but..."

I know he doesnt hold much weight. My point was a lil to no negatively about how an artist handles business is BEST for an artist is all im saying. One less clown making claims.

Well said.  Ms Patti let him have it because of the way he dealt with her.  I have never heard anyone else say what he is saying so of 1 person says this and 100 people say otherwise the fault lies with him.  

• Upvote 1

If you read what I said to Norman...i practically said what you just did.

I stated "Not to say what LA said will keep any future endeavors from happening but..."

I know he doesnt hold much weight. My point was a lil to no negatively about how an artist handles business is BEST for an artist is all im saying. One less clown making claims.

People who have worked for and with Janet (which is a lot of people within the industry) knows who Janet is and how she conducts business. That's all that matters

Meh.  I agree in that in came be seen as a negative, but LA Reid doesn't have enough gravitas with the general public for this to be damaging to her. It'll probably only resonate with a small subset of MJ fans.

Also, Mariah is very involved in her business endeavors.  Being with Tommy taught her business acumen, and, after they divorced, she's been doing a lot of things her way.  The problem is she also needs a strong personality to match up with hers so they go along with EVERYTHING she says.  She does the whole ditzy diva thing, but she's actually more shrewd and involved in her business activities than she lets on.  Hell this is the same woman that got Virgin to pay $48 million to record Glitter, and to leave their label.

• Upvote 4

I don't think Andy had any idea

I swear you just like stick your nose where it doesn't belong.  Did God put you on this Earth to aggravate people?  Geesh.....do you even watch "Watch What Happens Live" with Andy Cohen? 

This was televised on April 19, 2015.  Go to 12:29 where Andy mentions Janet releasing a single in 10 days.  

https://youtu.be/eVa5NpthH34?t=12m28s

Obviously the single didn't come out in 10 days from the day he said this but Andy knew something was in the works regardless.  A week prior to this show Andy had one Janet's nieces on the sh8w and he asked her about Janet and I think she spilled the beans to him personally on the side.

Andy even had a segment called "Where Is Janet" where he would ask guests "where the hell is Janet?  Do you know?" 

• Upvote 1