White gunman at large after killing nine at South Carolina church in racist hate crime

bu.

so the convo was already going before I got to work....Maurice, was like "but aint the youth supposed to be more open?" Im like they in some ways are worst now....BUT dont get it twisted Maurice is about being a brutha

People need to stop falling for that. There's an actual study showing that shows millennials are like 3% less racist than Baby Boomers. We forget that it's TAUGHT. It's taught through parenting, through the media, and it's systemically taught at all levels. It's ingrained. And what's worse is that people don't want to have the conversation about it.

People need to stop falling for that. There's an actual study showing that shows millennials are like 3% less racist than Baby Boomers. We forget that it's TAUGHT. It's taught through parenting, through the media, and it's systemically taught at all levels. It's ingrained. And what's worse is that people don't want to have the conversation about it.

I know Maurice, he was testing me.....Im pretty sure, but I can only speak from what I see, here, and it is getting worse, not better. When I went to school it was integrated, now, it's all this or that, because if you aint got the coins, you can't come here.

and yes it is taught....I used to think, well that person grew up in different times, so once they die, shit will be better, no....they pass on their beliefs....I do think experiences with other groups of people teach us a great deal more

I take it you saw Fox New's "Spin" on it........."the war against Christianity"..........................................it's common sense that they're brian-dead morons....wait that's mean to brain dead people, anyway that they're dumb as fuck, but....the man literally said it was about race...... :sigh:

his motives were that they were black and "taking over the world"

I know what he meant. I'm just saying he had this hardcore message about taking out black people and he went to the weakest place to do it. He knew they wouldn't fight back. There are many places in SC he could have went where there are a lot of powerful black people and they would have laid his ass out. He knew where not to go with his punk ass

• Upvote 1

There are almost no words for such a senseless tragedy. RIP to the lives lost. Their poor families.

This is Obama's fourteenth time addressing a mass shooting. Things need to change.

I was thinking this. It's always "Clearly America has a gun problem" or "Our gun laws need to change" but it seems nothing ever does. It's weird. I'd love to see a poll about how Americans feel about guns.

the 9 victims were human beings, and they had names as well as family and loved ones:

The Rev. Clementa Pinckney

Pinckney was a pastor at Emanuel AME and began preaching in the church in his teens. The 41-year-old married father of two also served in the South Carolina Senate and was at one time the youngest member of the state House when he was first elected at 23.

Tywanza Sanders

Sanders, 26, was also a graduate of Allen University. He earned a degree in business administration last year.

Cynthia Hurd

Hurd, 54, was an employee of the Charleston County Public Library for three decades, most recently working as the manager at St. Andrews Regional Library.

Sharonda Coleman-Singleton

Coleman-Singleton, 45, was a speech therapist and girls' track and field coach at Goose Creek High School in suburban Charleston.

The Rev. Depayne Middleton Doctor

Doctor, 49, was a church singer and former Charleston County community development block grant employee, retiring in 2005.

Doctor was a big part of the county's services for the poor, Summey said, helping to "fix roofs, and we help them with septic tanks and we do the human things that government's supposed to do."

Ethel Lance

Lance, 70, a sexton and lifelong member at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, found gratification by keeping the church tidy, according to her daughter, Esther. "If she saw a scuff on the floor she'd say, 'Oh no, don't y'all mess up my floor,'" Esther Lance told The Post and Courier.

The other victims were identified as:

• Susie Jackson, 87, a longtime church member.

transparent-placeholder.gif
Susie Jackson, 87. Courtesy Jackson family.
  • The Rev. Daniel Simmons Sr., 74, a member of the church's ministerial staff, who died in the operating room at the hospital.
  • Myra Thompson, 59, wife of the vicar of Holy Trinity Reformed Episcopal Church.