Janet Writes a Note to Aaliyah on the Anniversary of Her Death

SonofBaldwin

Translation: "What I shared with u ever sacred everlasting and it's pure &  it will endure. I love you Aaliyah #RIP"

Aaliyah remains the only 1 of Janets many daughters that she actually and has always claimed. Im glad that interviewer released that 3hr interview with Janet where she & Jimmy went on & on about how much they loved Aaliyah and she was still here at time......that duet would be game changing

• Upvote 2

Bandwagon stan -_- 

Actually, Janet has been an Aaliyah stan since the 90s. I remember her speaking in a radio interview in New York--I think it was Z100--an they asked Janet about several female artists, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Lopez, and Aaliyah, and Janet just gushed and gushed about how Aaliyah stood out amongst the competition and was always giving audiences art that was new, fresh, and original, etc.

So unless bandwagon stans put in decades of stanning, Janet's credentials are legit.

https://youtu.be/Qhz8paeXCNE
http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=811761

Translation: "What I shared with u ever sacred everlasting and it's pure &  it will endure. I love you Aaliyah #RIP"

Aaliyah remains the only 1 of Janets many daughters that she actually and has always claimed. Im glad that interviewer released that 3hr interview with Janet where she & Jimmy went on & on about how much they loved Aaliyah and she was still here at time......that duet would be game changing

that video would have been bomb. Im imagining something dark and twisted. Long before Robin became Rihanna, Aaliyah and Janet were the only two R&B acts really exploring darker themes and I loved that about them both. I think that's why Janet admired Aaliyah so much, not only did she take risk and venture into strange territories...she wasn't a try hard or a 'look at me'....she was  humble, different, unique, mysterious and a tom boy...all things that Janet can definitely identify with.

• Upvote 4

that video would have been bomb. Im imagining something dark and twisted. Long before Robin became Rihanna, Aaliyah and Janet were the only two R&B acts really exploring darker themes and I loved that about them both. I think that's why Janet admired Aaliyah so much, not only did she take risk and venture into strange territories...she wasn't a try hard or a 'look at me'....she was  humble, different, unique, mysterious and a tom boy...all things that Janet can definitely identify with.

While watching We Need A Resolution today I was just thinking I bet the video would look something along those lines, like if I had to pick that's the type of video & style that they'd do that'd just OWN

• Upvote 2

All of these words are #Facts.

• Upvote 3