Full Video of "Should've Known Better" Great quality!

The Sacred Prostitute

Love that this song includes the line "just can't be casual about casualties"

also, does she mention Rhythm Nation in the last line of the song?

Yes the last line is "I had this great epiphany, a Rhythm Nation was the dream....I guess I should have known better." :(  Love that line....so personal for Janet as an artist....for any artist and their dream especially when you are 24 unleashing your most critically acclaimed album hoping that your music and art will change the world. It's obviously a huge dream that every artist/group from U2, The Beatles, John Lennon, Marvin Gaye, to her brother have had. 

Edited by freexone9
  • Upvote 2

Can someone post lyrics bc idk wtf she's saying :lmao: 

In time. It's that Jackonese singing but it's also hard to hear the lyrics from a recording and make them out when it's your first time listening to the song.  With her hits we know what she is singing.  I can make out certain phrases and words that really stand out to me and the beat with the way Janet is singing just gets under my skin.  

I certainly love the song now we wait for the album version I wonder if this song is the "one you have yet to hear"

Could be but we haven't heard "The Great Forever" in it's entirety and she might not sing it on her concert until she releases the single as it's meant to be her 2nd single supposedly but Janet needs to drop the Missy cut first to keep these children from dying of thirst.  :lmao:

I'm sorry.. I don't get how some of you love a song you can barely understand lyrically.

I mean they're hot (Not feeling Unbreakable) but I'm sure the studio version is probably better

I was feeling Unbreakable. its all a vibe ...it has a great Jackson 5 vibe and that beat is on point.

I loved "Burn it Up" because it had Missy getting it hype, and that Vanity 6 sample is from a song Ive always loved the fuck outta

and its all in the rocknet U2 vibe of "Shoulda Known Better" thats a stand out anthem ..sorry but the thirst for Janet is so real my ears are listening to all tidbits we can get

I was feeling Unbreakable. its all a vibe ...it has a great Jackson 5 vibe and that beat is on point.

I loved "Burn it Up" because it had Missy getting it hype, and that Vanity 6 sample is from a song Ive always loved the fuck outta

and its all in the rocknet U2 vibe of "Shoulda Known Better" thats a stand out anthem ..sorry but the thirst for Janet is so real my ears are listening to all tidbits we can get

I'm sorry.. I don't know who the Jackson 5, Missy, & UTube are.. But I'm most post went unanswered

I'll wait for the album before I start "loving" anything though. Jacksonese

I'm sorry.. I don't get how some of you love a song you can barely understand lyrically. 

I mean they're hot (Not feeling Unbreakable) but I'm sure the studio version is probably better

The melody, that's what catches my ear before the lyrics & all else, it actually has a TON to do with me liking loving or disliking a song more than anything really, if I can't fuck with that melody, them lyrics better be the SHYT.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes you hear a song musically without knowing the lyrics fully and you just love it and know it.  I can listen to a song for the fist time and instantly love it because it makes me feel something.  Some people are just made that way. 

sure but a live track? No... A live Janet track?