"Enjoy" vs. "Well Traveled"

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Not too soon for me, lol. I'm rockin' with "Enjoy" 100%. I love the 20 Y.O. era, and "Enjoy" was definitely a highlight. The message and overall happy/positive vibe that the song effortlessly put out was incredible. Lyrically, vocally, aesthetically a fantastic experience, in my opinion. I smile wide EVERYTIME I hear it. "Well Traveled" in nice, but it's no "Enjoy".

• Upvote 1

For now i'll say this. In comparison to both songs and albums i'm enjoying and playing "Well Traveled" way more than I played "Enjoy" when I first got the 20 Y.O. cd. Although I did like "Enjoy" it was never a song i'd constantly play from the album. I think I just like the music overall better in "Well Traveled" and the message better. I love the "eh oh" background vocals of what sounds like a tribe of people all chanting with her

I love Enjoy....but Well Traveled has been on constant repeat. More so than Enjoy ever was for me.

speaking of which, what are the background vocals/Janet saying with that one word?  There are times I hear apple, animal, and asshole

For me it's "Well Traveled" now but I love me some "Enjoy"......I played "Enjoy" so much whether I was driving in the car or as soon as I would get home to unwind and smoke a bowl.  I don't smoke anymore but that was a highlight for me during that time.  I would listen to "Enjoy" and go out on the balcony and look out at the other buildings as my apartment was on the 27th floor in Downtown right across the street from MOCA.

As far as what she is singing, It does sound Jackonese "Eh oh" but I also thought for a while she was singing "let go". 

Edited by freexone9
  • Upvote 2

For me it's "Well Traveled" now but I love me some "Enjoy"......I played "Enjoy" so much whether I was driving in the car or as soon as I would get home to unwind and smoke a bowl.  

I would listen to "Enjoy" and go out on the balcony and look out at the other buildings as my apartment was on the 27th floor in Downtown right across the street from MOCA.

That brings me back to my freshmen year of college.. The crisp autumn air... Turning that song on and walking to or from class... Magic!!!! 

tumblr_n0dm16GBUf1s21wj4o3_250_zpsbed08a