She's Got To Go! God Don't Make No Garbage! Don't Come For Janet!

I think LawdToday is a Janet fan. Maybe not one as dedicated as we are but he's a Janet fan but doesn't know how to be mature enough or smart enough not to bash Janet on her own forum. He's probably pissed because like all of us we wanted Janet to come out the gate slaying with high album sales, tv interviews and performances, and much more. It's just nobody's used to this slow approach but oh well

• Upvote 1

I think LawdToday is a Janet fan. Maybe not one as dedicated as we are but he's a Janet fan but doesn't know how to be mature enough or smart enough not to bash Janet on her own forum. He's probably pissed because like all of us we wanted Janet to come out the gate slaying with high album sales, tv interviews and performances, and much more. It's just nobody's used to this slow approach but oh well

Basically. He's also much younger than us all. 

All True, I don't doubt he's a fan, but it gives him no right.

Basically. He's also much younger than us all. 

We are supposed to teach the children

yeah he's 19 right? Pretty much a teen and we should all feel a little compassion for him because after all the only people he really had to look up to growing up is Beyonce :(

You put a 1 in there. But yea.....that is REALLY really sad

• Upvote 1

yeah but we gotta be patient with the young Janet fans. I remember when I first joined the forum well over 10yrs ago I was only concerned with her album sales which at that time was only 40 million. I wanted her to be no.1 in everything especially when it came to her peers like Madonna and Mariah. I wasn't concerned with integrity or what the music spoke of until I got older and saw Janet for the true Legend and Icon she was and that didn't happen until The Velvet Rope era where at 32 she was deemed a Legend by the industry. I don't think he should be banned tho. Suspended yeah but banned nah. Not yet. He don't know no better. He still got that teen in him and it takes boys way longer to mature than girls

Fuck the album sales. And if that's the reason he called Janet garbage, then he's a 19 year old young cunt! You don't come for Janet, and use your age as a defense in her own forum! And Austin, FOR FUCKS SAKE NOBODY IS POLICING FEELINGS!!! We can all feel whatever we want. Hate an outfit Janet wears, hate a song, hate that she reacheduled a tour, and be mad about it. But calling her names is what's to be "policed" in her own forum!

Edited by Jodienda76

yeah he's 19 right? Pretty much a teen and we should all feel a little compassion for him because after all the only people he really had to look up to growing up is Beyonce :(

Don't be shading Beyonce :rolleyes: :lol:. But yeah - his mind set would be different to ours based on age. He hasn't seen successful Janet like the rest of us. 

We can teach without jumping on him. We're grown ass men (or women in Jodi's case). Someone calling Janet garbage should be nothing considering we saw her called much worse in 2004/over the years. It's not that serious. 

yeah but we gotta be patient with the young Janet fans. I remember when I first joined the forum well over 10yrs ago I was only concerned with her album sales which at that time was only 40 million. I wanted her to be no.1 in everything especially when it came to her peers like Madonna and Mariah. I wasn't concerned with integrity or what the music spoke of until I got older and saw Janet for the true Legend and Icon she was and that didn't happen until The Velvet Rope era where at 32 she was deemed a Legend by the industry. I don't think he should be banned tho. Suspended yeah but banned nah. Not yet. He don't know no better. He still got that teen in him and it takes boys way longer to mature than girls

This. All of this. Different age, different mindset. We were all young once and had different priorities for our faves. 

• Upvote 1

Don't be shading Beyonce :rolleyes: :lol:. But yeah - his mind set would be different to ours based on age. He hasn't seen successful Janet like the rest of us. 

We can teach without jumping on him. We're grown ass men (or women in Jodi's case). Someone calling Janet garbage should be nothing considering we saw her called much worse in 2004/over the years. It's not that serious. 

As have I, I got banned from the xone for defending someone who called her a lazy idiot who was milking Michael's death for the #1's tour & True You. And the person's reputation on whatever board they say such things should go hand in hand with that too, his reputation here........................................................he really wasn't going to make it that long, I never doubted he was a fan of hers, but  it's the way he's treated & talked to most of us since his arrival that stands as to why this doesn't have most of the board more relaxed about him and what he said. But in general what he said and this being the worst place to say it..he really did have this coming. Hell that he even kept going with it, I mean if he said what he said and then let us all drag without trying to defend it......nah lol

• Upvote 1

As have I, I got banned from the xone for defending someone who called her a lazy idiot who was milking Michael's death for the #1's tour & True You. And the person's reputation on whatever board they say such things should go hand in hand with that too, his reputation here........................................................he really wasn't going to make it that long, I never doubted he was a fan of hers, but  it's the way he's treated & talked to most of us since his arrival that stands as to why this doesn't have most of the board more relaxed about him and what he said. But in general what he said and this being the worst place to say it..he really did have this coming. Hell that he even kept going with it, I mean if he said what he said and then let us all drag without trying to defend it......nah lol

I get that I really do. But once again I think age has a lot to do with it. He's from a generation where they just say it and don't hold back. Is it a good thing? I don't know. But you should go to ATRL or check Twitter out. There's no chill. 

And I get that, but I dont' think we should lower our respect & decorum rules, ESPECIALLY when it comes to her, to oblige that. It's like we've said many times, with it being so few of us, it's like a family, it's not like the xone, or ATRL or Lipstick Alley with tons of active members posting and interacting on a daily basis, it's US, it's like at most 15 of us that gotta deal with each other, the kind of personality & energy he brings just isn't healthy for this place. 

• Upvote 2

I'm shocked we have people, other Bey Stans, defending him as if he brought anything to this place aside from dramatics and tomfoolery.. Blame it on age, but he knew better.. The rules are posted. I'm not sure why we're discussing this like we're the jury and he's on trial. He pleaded guilty.. There is no trial 

*Insert Law & Order sound*

• Upvote 2

I'm shocked we have people, other Bey Stans, defending him as if he brought anything to this place aside from dramatics and tomfoolery.. Blame it on age, but he knew better.. The rules are posted. I'm not sure why we're discussing this like we're the jury and he's on trial. He pleaded guilty.. There is no trial 

*Insert Law & Order sound*

all you have to do is stop talking about it :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Beyonce has nothing to do with it. JoeJoe dislikes her - strongly yet he's defending him. Maybe if you all weren't so damn sensitive :rolleyes:. People 21 and above should not be in their feelings because their fave got called garbage :rolleyes:.Sure it's against the rules but it's not that serious :rolleyes:. LawdToday is not the only one that has some growing up to do :shifty:. Carry on though.

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 3

Beyonce has nothing to do with it. JoeJoe dislikes her - strongly yet he's defending him. Maybe if you all weren't so damn sensitive :rolleyes:. People 21 and above should not be in their feelings because their fave got called garbage :rolleyes:.Sure it's against the rules but it's not that serious :rolleyes:. LawdToday is not the only one that has some growing up to do :shifty:. Carry on though.

What is a JoeJoe and why does it matter to me? :unsure:

Its against the rules but not that serious? Lost me there

Us older fans aren't allowed to condemn the youth? Illogical and a stupid response. 

*reads Jodi's post* :coffee: 

• Upvote 1

What is a JoeJoe and why does it matter to me? :unsure:

Its against the rules but not that serious? Lost me there

Us older fans aren't allowed to condemn the youth? Illogical and a stupid response. 

*reads Jodi's post* :coffee: 

Why are you doing Joe like that? :rolleyes:

Hunty, it's not serious. He called her garbage because she postponed his tour date and probably got suspended for it (unless he's banned). Like seriously dude was angry. Don't act perfect :lmao:. People are dying and some of you are hot and bothered because a 19 year old went off the rails because his time got wasted :lmao:. It is pathetic. 

I never said you're not allowed. I said it's stupid for an older person to get in their feelings about Janet being garbage because they're old enough to not give a shit what anyone says. You don't see me crying any more every time one of my other faves gets called names. 

There hasn't been much discussion going on this past week. Mostly whining :rolleyes:.

Edited by Dammn Bu

Mr. Wonder......again I did not take part in that thread.  This was simply a post making fun of that post that was closed.  Reading is fundamental. 

You're jokingly saying someone should be banned based on you policing their feelings.

Also, the "reading is fundamental" line doesn't really work here as it was never explicitly stated in the OP that this was tongue in cheek. Perhaps what you meant to say was "comprehending is  fundamental". 

Ok, let me make it a little clearer. Generally I don't give four flying fucks what people say about Janet. However, in a forum dedicated to her, I do care. It has nothing to do with age. If you guys don't mind, good for you. I mind, because since this is a Janet fan site, most fans don't want to come here and see Janet be called names like "garbage." Have we heard worse about her? Of course we have, but we are no longer in a mess, free for all forum like we were in 2004. If, and when people come for Janet, I'm not going to investigate their age, and determine if they are 40, or if they are a 19 year old male without fully formed frontal lobes, to read them their rights. I didn't call for him to be banned either. Had he not been banned, and had the thread not been locked, I would have still been arguing with him. You don't call Janet garbage here and expect no retaliation. 14 year olds know better. This bullshit about "he's only 19" or upset, or whatever the fuck is no excuse. I got suspended before for defending my kids. He'll be just fine. And a suspension is a form of "teaching" a lesson. I know some of you might be friends with him, and that's why you are defending him. He probably is a Jan Stan, and a nice guy, but he doesn't get away with calling Janet trash. I've gotten into it with people here I love to death. I have a sharp tongue, that gets me in trouble, but I still love you assholes. Hell I even like reading Austin's crap, and his honesty, and that fucker can't stand me. 

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 3