Survivor: 2000 (Winner Announced!)

TwistedElegance™

I should have given Thong Song a 1...

Say My Name is better :umm: Where's the lies? #Recount 

Jarryl.. We need to talk about your rating :umm: 

Say My Name is better than this song :umm:

image_zpsbx3jnt23.gif

What's to talk about the song owned and when it comes on spontaniously it STILL owns. Slay My Mane does too, but the effect this song has is a bit stronger on me honestly, so you'll just have to learn to deal bitch
raw

You waived your right to criticize others' tastes when you gave Music a 1. :coffee:

excited_lucille_arrested_development.gif 

The "Thong Song" should have never been made..but I guarantee I will hit the floor if it comes on..4b2bd7de.gif

Lemme tell you that's 1 of my "I don't give a fuck" songs, if it's on at the right time Ima sang likes Im Sissy, or I may dance, or I may just lipsync for ma life, and it's been that way since I was 10, when the song was new. I cannot recall hearing the song and sitting still or not doing anything

Personally I prefer Sisqo's songs with Dru Hill, while this one's a little too gimmicky for my taste ~ it's well-produced tho.

Oh make no mistake literally the song "We're Not Making Love" shits over everything they did as a group and solo. That song is serious business, and Sisqo just runs it. It's another 1 I can't like hear and ignore lol

• Upvote 1

kC6O7VX.png

Mýa touches down in fourth spot with Case of the Ex (Whatcha Gonna Do). Written and composed by producer Tricky (who would go on to achieve number one hits with Umbrella, Touch My Body and Single Ladies), Case of the Ex was Mýa's brekthrough hit on the Hot 100, peaking at number two where it remained for three weeks. It is noted for its accompanying video (choreographed by Tina Landon) which drew comparisons to Janet Jackson's 1994 hit You Want This and the 1979 film Mad Max. Originally a rap song, Case of the Ex was rearranged to fit Mýa's persona. Speaking of its creation, Tricky said: "We got together to write a song specifically for Mýa. We kicked around some subjects which Mýa could potentially sing. We wanted to create a lyric theme that would keep her young, yet would show that she was growing up." It was Traci Hale who came up with the lyric idea, which was inspired by a relationship she was going through at the time and revolved around "a strong woman who won't tolerate her man returning to his ex-girlfriend." Case of the Ex was a moderate international success, reaching number one in Australia and making the Top 20 in Belgium, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and the UK.

The breakdown ~ Case of the Ex (Whatcha Gonna Do) places 4th with a voter average of 7.1.

• 9 - Jarrylf
  • 8 - hotboy06, JoeJoe, Kenny., Stealth & TwistedElegance
  • 7 - RedSimba
  • 4 - Dammn Bu & Game
  • Upvote 1

I love that song, I'm glad it got this far, she's Mya.....she needs this....a little bit goes a long way.... Bless her heart....somebody give me some singles so I can go on down to the boom boom room and make it rain on her...

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 3

Timbaland showing off. But the song and video>>>

Yyup! On my road trip the other day Timbaland got dragged by my friend when I asked if they wanted "the original or cover" in regards to Are You That Somebody. she said "Nah play the cover - Timbaland does too much bullshit on the original. Fucking twat" :lmao:

• Upvote 1

I love looking at Mya B) 

Oh make no mistake literally the song "We're Not Making Love" shits over everything they did as a group and solo. That song is serious business, and Sisqo just runs it. It's another 1 I can't like hear and ignore lol

Yeah that's a jam! I'm also partial to "Never Make A Promise" and "Beauty"

LymXJWs.png

Finishing in third place is Toni Braxton with He Wasn't Man Enough. Her sixth and, to date, last Top 10 entry, it served as the lead single from The Heat and moved things in a dance-pop direction reflective of the new millennium sound. It earned Braxton her sixth Grammy Award when it took out Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, besting the likes of Aaliyah's Try Again and Erykah Badu's Bag Lady. Given its title, the song carries a touch of irony considering it was written by four men, including LaShawn Daniels, who had a hand in some of the biggest tunes of the era including It's Not Right But It's Okay, You Rock My World, If You Had My Love and The Boy Is Mine. Production credit went to Darkchild, who made use of Braxton's famous lower register during the verses. He Wasn't Man Enough would become one of her signature hits worldwide, topping the charts in Canada and Poland, while reaching the Top 10 in Australia, Belgium, Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland and the UK.

The breakdown ~ He Wasn't Man Enough places 3rd with a voter average of 7.4.

• 10 - Jarrylf
  • 9 - hotboy06 & Kenny.
  • 8 - Game & TwistedElegance
  • 7 - RedSimba
  • 6 - Stealth
  • 5 - Dammn Bu & JoeJoe
  • Upvote 1

LymXJWs.png

Finishing in third place is Toni Braxton with He Wasn't Man Enough. Her sixth and, to date, last Top 10 entry, it served as the lead single from The Heat and moved things in a dance-pop direction reflective of the new millennium sound. It earned Braxton her sixth Grammy Award when it took out Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, besting the likes of Aaliyah's Try Again and Erykah Badu's Bag Lady. Given its title, the song carries a touch of irony considering it was written by four men, including LaShawn Daniels, who had a hand in some of the biggest tunes of the era including It's Not Right But It's Okay, You Rock My World, If You Had My Love and The Boy Is Mine. Production credit went to Darkchild, who made use of Braxton's famous lower register during the verses. He Wasn't Man Enough would become one of her signature hits worldwide, topping the charts in Canada and Poland, while reaching the Top 10 in Australia, Belgium, Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland and the UK.

The breakdown ~ He Wasn't Man Enough places 3rd with a voter average of 7.4.

• 10 - Jarrylf
  • 9 - hotboy06 & Kenny.
  • 8 - Game & TwistedElegance
  • 7 - RedSimba
  • 6 - Stealth
  • 5 - Dammn Bu & JoeJoe

good write up didn't know that much about the song