Rumor: Tour Dates Postponed to 2017

Kishi

At the very least, I hope she releases songs/videos to help sustain the project.  It gets tiring seeing Janet have CDs (except 20YO) that have strong singles on them, but the project just gets dropped.    It didn't particularly happen with All For You and Damita Jo, where Janet wanted to release songs from both CDs (Trust a Try and Come on Get Up) from All For You and R&B Junkie and My Baby from Damita Jo.   I just don't think Virgin wanted to release those.

Unbreakable still has Dammn Baby, Broken Hearts Heal, Night, Take Me Away, and Gon Be Alright, all of which could have some type of release that could garner attention.   If the Dammn Baby video is finished, Janet has nothing to lose by not releasing it.

Janet would be a cute Vegas act

and at this point I don't think it is beneath her to do it

it may be her only option but for some reason she wanted no parts of Vegas this era. Every show she has there including I heart was canned. 

My opinion? She was already into some kind of treatment, aiming to get pregnant at the end/after the tour. But it happened before she planned, she found out after the Dubai show and her doctors said: pull the plug and stay home. Remember on her video, when she said "understand that I must do this now"? That's what I think happened.

And I'm sorry... But I hardly doubt she'll comeback in 2017 with this tour. It wouldn't make much sense... She waited forever to have a baby, now she have one, she'll go on tour again? We know how much tours are exhausting, imagine doing it carrying and breastfeeding a newborn? Bet she'll want to stay home and be a mom (I'm totally on for it! I think that's what she should do) a New Janet project? At least 3 or 4 years from now.

the plug was pulled in Europe though not in Dubai and at that point after Europe  they were still saying the tour was a go.  I am still going with they saw those empty seats and saw it was a no win situation and decided to end the whole thing.  I don't see a comeback on 2017 either. That means rehearsals would start late 2016 or mid 2017. The baby weight will still be there, swollen feet, the hormones, the mama bear syndrome and flying or driving a newborn all over the country is not good. She will be a first time mom so she ain't leaving the kid nowhere 

• Upvote 1

My opinion? She was already into some kind of treatment, aiming to get pregnant at the end/after the tour. But it happened before she planned, she found out after the Dubai show and her doctors said: pull the plug and stay home. Remember on her video, when she said "understand that I must do this now"? That's what I think happened.

And I'm sorry... But I hardly doubt she'll comeback in 2017 with this tour. It wouldn't make much sense... She waited forever to have a baby, now she have one, she'll go on tour again? We know how much tours are exhausting, imagine doing it carrying and breastfeeding a newborn? Bet she'll want to stay home and be a mom (I'm totally on for it! I think that's what she should do) a New Janet project? At least 3 or 4 years from now.

After the tour? I'm sure it happened in December when she signed up for surgery.. She said "understand I must do this now" bc she's 50 and trying to start a family 

Touring with a child is possible 

it may be her only option but for some reason she wanted no parts of Vegas this era. Every show she has there including I heart was canned. 

the plug was pulled in Europe though not in Dubai and at that point after Europe  they were still saying the tour was a go.  I am still going with they saw those empty seats and saw it was a no win situation and decided to end the whole thing.  I don't see a comeback on 2017 either. That means rehearsals would start late 2016 or mid 2017. The baby weight will still be there, swollen feet, the hormones, the mama bear syndrome and flying or driving a newborn all over the country is not good. She will be a first time mom so she ain't leaving the kid nowhere 

Her US dates were fine 

Your math is wrong. If Janet is pregnant now, her baby will be born in late 2016, early 2017.. Tour rehearsals can then begin in the beginning of 2017.. And the tour can continue in Summer/fall 2017. She will have a nanny bc she's rich (no doubt about that) and the baby (like those two kids she had on the road) can travel with the tour.. Many artists have done it before and many artists will continue to do that. It's not hard to put on a 3 hour show and have a child 

• Upvote 1

Janet and team need to hire some of us! Even though I feel most of the stans/fans are batshit crazy, it's only because we care. 

If she doesn't want to do interviews and the tour goes on as planned, they can't take the same approach and they have to do some tv performances. I'm extremely hopeful and optimistic that they don't take the silent approach. The tickets won't sell themselves.

The album is AMAZING, but I'm not sure what the strategy is with singles. If I were them, I'd keep sending songs to radio. 

The European leg needs smaller venues and should take place in strong markets. There's got to be some sort of single releases in Europe if they plan on going back.

Here for this. She should have done smaller venues in Europe in the first place since it's not like she's had a presence here for like 10 years, having only mainly promoted in the US. Although she could have easily sold out the o2 had she done some promotion. 

• Upvote 3

People are quick to make Janet out to be some old fuck who is helpless and depends on her man like most of y'all.. But nah.. She ain't that woman. She's strong. She's lived through so much including a drug addicted older brother's passing. She's stronger than many of you give her credit

Well when it comes to men she is helpless in love.  Always is. She literally gave up and is pretty much on the brink of destroying her whole career and legacy for her husband.  He has not done the same on his part.  He has sacrifice nothing.  

• Upvote 2

dfghfhjgfg that poor St. Louis date.

Janet is a fuckN card.

I'm just dead because even if she does have the baby, you think she is gonna tour the world with a newborn? That tour is never happening. 

Like be honest with yourself and for once, be honest with your fans ghjggfhjgfjg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And the US tour was NOT a successful venture. 

15 Million from 33 shows hjghjggfjkghk

That is pathetic for an artist of her stature. And pulling stunts like these postponements and cancellations is doing nothing but putting her in the position to never have another arena tour in the states again. 

but she is too good to do Vegas? Y'all tripping! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

She did four shows in Las Vegas (it was originally going to be 5, but she ended up going to Indio, CA instead) for the UCAP tour, all sold out. I think Caesar's Palace would be a great idea. It seats close to 4,000 and big name acts make a FORTUNE. If she did 2-3 shows a week for a limited period of time (three to four months), it would be a success. 

I've seen that "planning a family meme" on Instagram and it's HILARIOUS! 

Many of you know that I'm overly optimistic. I love Janet and REALLY love the show.  I go to many concerts and I'm part of a few different message boards, but there isn't that same sense of family and community with other fan bases and concert attendees. That alone is big reason for me to want this tour to continue, to meet more fans and make more friends. At most concerts, everyone keeps to their group of friends and isn't approachable. At Janet shows, whether you know of each other online or just waiting in line, the fans interact and socialize with each other. I've kept in touch with and spent time with many of them. She has some really great fans.

Edited by Kishi

And the US tour was NOT a successful venture. 

15 Million from 33 shows hjghjggfjkghk

That is pathetic for an artist of her stature. And pulling stunts like these postponements and cancellations is doing nothing but putting her in the position to never have another arena tour in the states again. 

but she is too good to do Vegas? Y'all tripping! 

if the entire tour totaled only $15mil, then I'd be guessing that she most likely pocketed less than $3mil profit from roughly 30 shows, I can see why she wouldn't want to tour anymore... That's like pocket change for someone who's married to a billionaire... Couponing money...

Janet retiring to Vegas SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN. Let that be for artists who can't tour

You know there very well may come a day when she decides to do a run in Vegas, and only in Vegas.. She even stated close to a decade ago that's she's seriously considered it.. What will you say and do if and when she chooses to go that route?

especially now that she'll allegedly have offspring, Vegas would make more sense (to stay in one spot for an extended period of time).. Would that change the way you view her career/choices? (And please don't say it'll never happen as your reply)..

• Upvote 1

I think she fits that description. The track record speaks for itself. 

Your opinion doesn't matter

FACT: Unbreakable Leg 1 sold most of their tickets in an amazing set of time according to LIVENATION sooooo you are wrong. That first leg had a nice population. You fail again. But I guess you forgot about that bc it's positive news and you only focus on, what you believe to be, her downfalls #YouFail

• Upvote 2

Actually I didn't but thank you Roc for finally contributing something useful to the forum. At least you're good for something around here besides Lady Gaga threads and Madonna factoids 

Your endorsement means the world to me. :wub: