Janet noted in epic JT Twitter dragging

Janet said "every life matters" soooo where was she? Are you going to criticize her for not standing up for poor black Americans? :unsure: No? Then why hold JT to that standard? Bc he hasn't released a song dedicated to black America? And if he did release a song expressing his concerns, how do you think any of you would take it? The same way you're taking a tweet? 

You like to play the logical condescending role but it really comes off more so aloof. I understand you're a post AFY fan, but Janet also said "You were born with blood of Kings & Queens and can't be stopped. Stand tall my brother you can't be stopped." She also said "You know I will be right here to remind you that we need togetherness because lost pride has no room, when you don't forget where you come from." She also said, "I stand on the shoulders of giants who have opened doors for me that I pray to continue to uphold and represent." She also said, "I am proud to say I have endured and that endurance is my heritage....Especially as a black woman, I am completely convinced that (we) black women possess a unique and indestructible strength to not only get down, but to get up, get through and get over..." She also said, "The skin game is still all around, but you can't keep a good man down." - while naming black activist including Marcus Garvey & Huey Newton. She chin checked Diane Sawyer letting her know "You will never understand because you're on the other side." She also said, "History hidden from me to hide my identity so I will never feel, I am somebody. | African American woman, I stand tall in pride."

Not to mention aligning with the NAACP to do a college scholarship foundation for those under privelged black children you claim she ignored.

So when you ask where Janet has been, she was vocally living her black experience. 

Despite a white supremacist society trying to rob the black community of their cultural connection and relevance our culture lives and breathes through their mocking and redistribution. For example, music by Little Richard or Chuck Berry that got rereleased by white artist like Elvis, or the rhythm in our sound that was not alive in white culture until it attached itself to black culture. Fast forward to JT (the influenced) who gets to be inspired until it's time to be empowered or an ally. He allows his label to align him with black artist for a more urban appeal such as TI & Timbaland & Janet & rocks his "urban chic" but you call it him being himself? Ok, show me him being that in his alone time as a child before the music influence. After the heat of black America's public issues. Where is his voice during those times? He doesn't have to make a song but he can damn sure make a statement WHEN HE WAS MOST NEEDED. After the fact  apologies, always fall by the wayside. He can be inspired enough to make the statements as regularly as he makes the songs that sound so oddly influenced...because of his inspirations. Don't need a song just need an inconvenient ally. Get loud when everyone is silent because you "genuinely" care so much. 

• Upvote 3

President of Pop? When did that happen <_<? Ugh I know, but we all have fuck boys in our past we wish we could erase!

He's the President of Pop.. He's already under a microscope based on who he is and it doesn't help the fact that Janet banged him

The issue is bigger than whatever happened with Janet and Justin and their fan bases. Janet was brought up because the original tweet needlessly brought her name up. Justin didn't even address that part of the tweet in his response so any mention of Janet beyond that is unwarrantable. Just because some aren't fond of him doesn't mean every Janet fan hates him or his music. 

he apologized but said he was misunderstood.

You're taking his words out of context

PS: It was too late

I'm not taking his words out of context I'm explaining why people reacted the way they did. 

Edited by BlackCat77
  • Upvote 1

You like to play the logical condescending role but it really comes off more so aloof. I understand you're a post AFY fan, but Janet also said "You were born with blood of Kings & Queens and can't be stopped. Stand tall my brother you can't be stopped." She also said "You know I will be right here to remind you that we need togetherness because lost pride has no room, when you don't forget where you come from." She also said, "I stand on the shoulders of giants who have opened doors for me that I pray to continue to uphold and represent." She also said, "I am proud to say I have endured and that endurance is my heritage....Especially as a black woman, I am completely convinced that (we) black women possess a unique and indestructible strength to not only get down, but to get up, get through and get over..." She also said, "The skin game is still all around, but you can't keep a good man down." - while naming black activist including Marcus Garvey & Huey Newton. She chin checked Diane Sawyer letting her know "You will never understand because you're on the other side." She also said, "History hidden from me to hide my identity so I will never feel, I am somebody. | African American woman, I stand tall in pride."

Not to mention aligning with the NAACP to do a college scholarship foundation for those under privelged black children you claim she ignored.

So when you ask where Janet has been, she was vocally living her black experience. 

Despite a white supremacist society trying to rob the black community of their cultural connection and relevance our culture lives and breathes through their mocking and redistribution. For example, music by Little Richard or Chuck Berry that got rereleased by white artist like Elvis, or the rhythm in our sound that was not alive in white culture until it attached itself to black culture. Fast forward to JT (the influenced) who gets to be inspired until it's time to be empowered or an ally. He allows his label to align him with black artist for a more urban appeal such as TI & Timbaland & Janet & rocks his "urban chic" but you call it him being himself? Ok, show me him being that in his alone time as a child before the music influence. After the heat of black America's public issues. Where is his voice during those times? He doesn't have to make a song but he can damn sure make a statement WHEN HE WAS MOST NEEDED. After the fact  apologies, always fall by the wayside. He can be inspired enough to make the statements as regularly as he makes the songs that sound so oddly influenced...because of his inspirations. Don't need a song just need an inconvenient ally. Get loud when everyone is silent because you "genuinely" care so much. 

I know Janet's songs, I have all her recordings so for you to quote it as if I don't remember what she said is condescending. 

When was Justin Timberlake needed the most? :unsure: Why are you depending on some white Tennessse man to spread a message? He's not a spokesperson for blacks and he doesn't have to "get loud" especially when "getting loud" isn't the solution. He is under No Obligation to do so. Raising your voice doesn't solve much when you're up against a wall.

He has black producers so yes his music is going to have an urban feel to it. It's not a crime to befriend black producers, pay them well, and work with them. Y'all acting like JT stole instrumentals. Like he's not in the studio producing and writing his own music :lmao: 

It's like Gil fans (lmao) saying Janet appropriated Hawaiian/Pacific Islander choreography 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

This is the issue with the BLM "movement". There's no actual movement. Just loud people on their smartphones or in the streets 

The root of this conversation is the speech of an actual organizer & catalyst in the BLM movement, yet you say there is "no actual movement"? There have also been leaders such as DeRay McKesson, another organizer & catalyst who has met with the President & gone on to actually run for office with endorsements, and they're nothing but loud people on their smartphones? Or the organizers in Atlanta who have created programs in inner cities for the youth, such as Shawn Walton. You are the problem with movements because you're uninformed yet you weigh in blindly. 

The root of this conversation is the speech of an actual organizer & catalyst in the BLM movement, yet you say there is "no actual movement"? There have also been leaders such as DeRay McKesson, another organizer & catalyst who has met with the President & gone on to actually run for office with endorsements, and they're nothing but loud people on their smartphones? Or the organizers in Atlanta who have created programs in inner cities for the youth, such as Shawn Walton. You are the problem with movements because you're uninformed yet you weigh in blindly. 

I stole my opinion from President Obama

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/us/obama-says-movements-like-black-lives-matter-cant-just-keep-on-yelling.html

Innercity programs isn't a new thing. They just put a new sticker on it. Hundreds of cities have programs for the poor excluding government programs

I can't be the problem if I'm not involved

Edited by Game

Good grief! So the man shows his support, but he's not black so people attack him? What the fuck is wrong with people? What do we have here, the black version of the KKK? GTFOOH with that shit!

Oh that's what you and Game got from it? People called him on being a hypocrite not for being white. You have the black version of a fact checker. GTFOH with the watered down & oversimplified understandings. 

How fucking dare you, the black version of the KKK? When did you see Justin drug out of his house in front of his wife and children and hung. When did you see his wife raped and child thrown to the ground? When did you see him beat beyond recognition and laid at the doorstep of his mother or family? The hell is wrong with people oversimplifying shit and acting like those who call them on it is the harassers? You obviously have no knowledge of the KKK & what a black version would look like, if so Justin wouldn't be alive to tweet anything. 

• Upvote 3

Good grief! So the man shows his support, but he's not black so people attack him? What the fuck is wrong with people? What do we have here, the black version of the KKK? GTFOOH with that shit!

Nice response here. The BLM "movement" is too hostile for my blood. Like the man or not.. He supports black America. He's an ally, not a foe.. 

You all should be dissing Trump for calling it a "hate group" or at least trying to prove Trump wrong 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

Right. Based on his initial tweet that should have told you he wasn't for the ALM movement.

Let's talk about Xtina's song CHANGE... I was belting it on the highway minutes ago:

Cause we're all the same when everybody's breathing

Wheres the backlash? Where's the mob of angry tweeters? Hasn't she used black music to make money? 

Eh but judging from the initial tweet and to what's blown up it more so shows he just doesn't even know, that's what I'm getting, and that's the problem

She was getting called out on that her whole career because of her singing style and especially back when she was sporting braids, but she did what Justin was suppose to do, keep it moving and not publically give a fuck. And she won't get it for this song because she hasn't said anything about BLM for this to be thrown in her face AND......she's actually REALLLLLLLY hands on with charity across the board with inner city schools and programs and just all over....she's not the 1 to compare in this scenerio. She doesn't speak out about BLM or black problems which she could, but she's actually showing up to help, hell she was at 1 of the marches here in LA a few years ago ActivisTina.

Eh but judging from the initial tweet and to what's blown up it more so shows he just doesn't even know, that's what I'm getting, and that's the problem

She was getting called out on that her whole career because of her singing style and especially back when she was sporting braids, but she did what Justin was suppose to do, keep it moving and not publically give a fuck. And she won't get it for this song because she hasn't said anything about BLM for this to be thrown in her face AND......she's actually REALLLLLLLY hands on with charity across the board with inner city schools and programs and just all over....she's not the 1 to compare in this scenerio. She doesn't speak out about BLM or black problems which she could, but she's actually showing up to help, hell she was at 1 of the marches here in LA a few years ago ActivisTina.

"well why doesn't she WHEN SHES NEEEDED THE MOST!!! LOUD AND YELLING"

I really just wanted to share my experience of belting and oversinging like she does on that gorgeous song

Nice response here. The BLM "movement" is too hostile for my blood. Like the man or not.. He supports black America. He's an ally, not a foe.. 

You all should be dissing Trump for calling it a "hate group" or at least trying to prove Trump wrong 

I'm kinda thankful for the movement being a little too aggressive for you, I'm sure most would hate to have to look over and trust you as an ally. You do a good job of showing where you stand & how you arrive at logic wouldn't make you the best component in movements. It's not for the faint of heart. The fact you don't see "raising your voice" not in octave but in awareness as a sensible tactic let's me know, you're blood is a little too thin for the actions. 

That's where you're wrong. Your opinion of me doesn't matter, will never matter, and is irrelevant to my life. 

I'm Team Ghandi/MLK than Team Malcomn X. Violence = Fear and Fear = God knows what.. Getting retweets just isn't going to cut it.

Lmao with all due respect to MLK, you show me one picture of Malcolm X being attacked by dogs, hosed down in the streets, and beat by cops...I'll be team Malcolm all day...violence? Prove it. Show me Malcolm actually going to white establishments or neighborhoods attacking people, better yet show me a picture or video of Malcolm X actually being violent. Self preservation is not violence it's survival.

You're an obvious parakeet. You chirp out responses with no relevant knowledge. I'm team Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Huey Newton. I believe in self defense. Which is a human right according to the Universal Laws established by the United Nations. Any person who calls that violence has no concept of survival. You be team MLK, the picture painted by America to be docile and subservient...I'll keep my fight prepared to put in work when necessary.

So he cant do "black music" but its okay for the likes of Janet, Mike, etc to do music thats outside soul/r&b?? :blink: Like huh??? Wtf? On Unbreakable alone.,.Janet covers so many different genres that is outside of "urban" music...,so how can we talk about Justin? It makes no sense that one can venture out but the other cant. Wtf is wrong wit this world? These ppl wanna talk about Trump but these same ppl arent exactly helping the cause either... not with this limited thinking 

While I understand the hypocrisy that you speak of, I actually do not think it applies in this situation because when have you ever seen Janet or Mike not claim anything black? Despite singing different genres, they never forget their "blackness." JT has down right, in many cases, changed his whole appearance, speech, and songs to sound/look black. But once that incident happened, he ran back to the safety of his ethnicity. I guess most people are angry that he epically ditched her and had the nerve to try and gain the support of the black community.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

While I understand the hypocrisy that you speak of, I actually do not think it applies in this situation because when have you ever seen Janet or Mike not claim anything black? Despite singing different genres, they never forget their "blackness." JT has down right, in many cases, changed his whole appearance, speech, and songs to sound/look black. But once that incident happened, he ran back to the safety of his ethnicity. I guess most people are angry that he epically ditched her and had the nerve to try and gain the support of the black community.

You really don't want to touch the "changed his whole appearance" while mentioning MJ who changed from a black man to a paranoid, drugged out white woman with two white children that he said he created naturally (lied to you and all his fans)

Its called PR.. Any PR agency would have had any other celeb do the same. Let it blow over to save yourself. 

Also when is the last time you listened to JT? He's had the same producers since 2003. He talks the same now as he did 20 years ago. He doesn't need the support of the "black community"

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh that's what you and Game got from it? People called him on being a hypocrite not for being white. You have the black version of a fact checker. GTFOH with the watered down & oversimplified understandings. 

How fucking dare you, the black version of the KKK? When did you see Justin drug out of his house in front of his wife and children and hung. When did you see his wife raped and child thrown to the ground? When did you see him beat beyond recognition and laid at the doorstep of his mother or family? The hell is wrong with people oversimplifying shit and acting like those who call them on it is the harassers? You obviously have no knowledge of the KKK & what a black version would look like, if so Justin wouldn't be alive to tweet anything. 

It dosendosen't matter. The man ssupports the BLM movement. I hate Justin Timberpussy for what he did to Janet, and for being an overrated, horrible music, horrible dancing punk! But this aggrssion towards him, and making him feel like he needs to apologize for being supportive of s cause, just becsuse he's a "white boy" who dosen't understsnd the plight of black culture, is fucking stupid, ridiculous, and whinny as all hell!

For your information, my father is BLACK, and my mother is white. Therefore, I understand the stufma, and the bullshit of both sides sneering at my parents for daring to date "ooutside of their race."

I am more tha welcoming of people who can empathize, and use LOGIC when it comes to race. You dont have to be black, to support the movement.

And once he is finished with what he is doing now he will go country.  He is not going to do shit involving anything whether it is civil rights or gay rights, animal rights whatever.  He is a bitch and does not have the balls to actually take a hit or become unliked the way Ali did.  So he should STFU and stop posting shit about being inspired.  He is a fucking tool and will do whatever his management tells him to do.  He will never rage against the machine.  That is the issue.  

Good BLM should make your blood boil.  I'm glad you feel that way. No one has died at the hands of BLM.  The only people who feel threatened by uprising are the oppressors. So good Im glad you are scared.  It is not about proving Trump wrong.  No one give s a fuck about his opinion.  If he think they are a hate group then so what.  

Good BLM should make your blood boil.  I'm glad you feel that way. No one has died at the hands of BLM.  The only people who feel threatened by uprising are the oppressors. So good Im glad you are scared.  

Blood boil? Scared? Threatened? Uprising? Is the BLM taking over the world or "fighting" for equality, police brutality, etc. 

Maybe you should re-read my post. :) 

• Downvote 1

It dosendosen't matter. The man ssupports the BLM movement. I hate Justin Timberpussy for what he did to Janet, and for being an overrated, horrible music, horrible dancing punk! But this aggrssion towards him, and making him feel like he needs to apologize for being supportive of s cause, just becsuse he's a "white boy" who dosen't understsnd the plight of black culture, is fucking stupid, ridiculous, and whinny as all hell!

You missed the point, the person called him out for being a hypocrite based on what he did to Janet and his ability to flip flop between a supporter and convenient silence 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1