The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

with 9 minutes and an opening spot cheers wouldnt really seem like the hot thing to do to open. She almost has to do a medley obviously. But cheers is too chill and slow for an opening don't you think? She needs something dramatic and peppy i would think to get people excited. She will have to rely on a unique set I would think since she cant dance, to provide something to look at.

Id say she should do something with Only girl it still has the chance to hit number 1, maybe some S&M something freaky with S&M could get people talking and she doesnt necessarily have to dance just slut it up some.

Only Girl will be #1 next week it just went up on itunes over night it was at #8 it's now #6 plus it has a star next to it on billboard and it has the most airplay out of any song that is out right now and the airplay is still growing she might not have the #1 Album but she will have 9 #1 songs 4 this year alone

I really hope she dance it's do or die walking across the stage for nine minutes just wont do

LOL that is mean, you know she can't dance. Realistically she needs to rely on some gimmicks to get some excitement. There needs to be some animals, or fire, or like 50 extras dancing. Or some kinda lightshow lol. Her people should be able to get her a good performance they know enough of her weaknesses to be able to put something better together to distract but i still havent seen one from her on these shows.

of course but I was just making a point having a #1 album means nothing if you're not selling singles I wasn't talking about talent :coffee:

having #1 hits means less when the singles can't carry the album to 7 figures sales :coffee:

and lets be frank... if Rihanna didn't have a hit single... she would be selling a LOT LESS than what Discipline did :coffee:

LOL that is mean, you know she can't dance. Realistically she needs to rely on some gimmicks to get some excitement. There needs to be some animals, or fire, or like 50 extras dancing. Or some kinda lightshow lol. Her people should be able to get her a good performance they know enough of her weaknesses to be able to put something better together to distract but i still havent seen one from her on these shows.

I think one thing that keep people talking about her is the fact that she dont dance if she did she would get lost in the bunch of girls that are out right now she's only one of the few that actually sings live all of the time

but i have to say I was very entertained when i saw her in concert

having #1 hits means less when the singles can't carry the album to 7 figures sales :coffee:

and lets be frank... if Rihanna didn't have a hit single... she would be selling a LOT LESS than what Discipline did :coffee:

but you have to have a money maker some way if it isn't in album then in singles

and also having a #1 album when the singles dont sell shit means a lot too :coffee: it's about longevity i would rather not go #1 but have a steady sell in the top 10 for 5 months then to go #1 and disappear

I think one thing that keep people talking about her is the fact that she dont dance if she did she would get lost in the bunch of girls that are out right now she's only one of the few that actually sings live all of the time

but i have to say I was very entertained when i saw her in concert

Not everyone can dance. And it doesnt make you a bad performer if you cant. My thing with her though is her showmanship. If you can't really SANG, or you cant really dance. You gotta have some showmanship, something that keeps the audiences attention on you. I just never see that with her awards performances. I end up looking around the stage to see what else is interesting cause she isnt doing much.

Not everyone can dance. And it doesnt make you a bad performer if you cant. My thing with her though is her showmanship. If you can't really SANG, or you cant really dance. You gotta have some showmanship, something that keeps the audiences attention on you. I just never see that with her awards performances. I end up looking around the stage to see what else is interesting cause she isnt doing much.

well it's do or die tomorrow this performance will make or break the Loud era :lol:

I'm surprised they gave her that much time

but you have to have a money maker some way if it isn't in album then in singles

and also having a #1 album when the singles dont sell shit means a lot too :coffee:

a record label will get 70% of their singles sale...singles don't generate that much revenue :rolleyes: .. record companies make $0.90/per song ($1.29).. if that went gold it only makes $450,000.. consider Rihanna will release about two gold singles... that's only 900k profit from singles

source year being 2004, a record label gets about 70% of an album sale... if an album cost 15.99 and it went gold... the record company would make makes $5.6 Million...

meaning... even if the singles sell like shit... the album can make millions, which Janet's did...

source:

http://lowendmac.com...ice-impact.html

http://wizbangblog.c...s-a-cd-have.php

a record label will get 70% of their singles sale...singles don't generate that much revenue :rolleyes: .. record companies make $0.90/per song ($1.29).. if that went gold it only makes $450,000.. consider Rihanna will release about two gold singles... that's only 900k profit from singles

source year being 2004, a record label gets about 70% of an album sale... if an album cost 15.99 and it went gold... the record company would make makes $5.6 Million...

meaning... even if the singles sell like shit... the album can make millions, which Janet's did...

source:

http://lowendmac.com...ice-impact.html

http://wizbangblog.c...s-a-cd-have.php

I get where you are coming from but Rihanna's albums might not sell big here in the USA but she sells big worldwide and how many pop artist artist beside the heavy weight like Britney or Beyonce sell real big the first week

Rihanna and Katy did about the same numbers

how much did Discipline make???

Is this shade towards Janhova?

u know how some "fans" forget that Janet will always outshine the people walking the path she created for them... :coffee:

yeah she has soo many #1 (forgettable) hits on Billboard but nothing else to show for them... no talent.. no charisma.. horrible album sales (excluding GGGB)...

next track

u know how some "fans" forget that Janet will always outshine the people walking the path she created for them... :coffee:

yeah she has soo many #1 (forgettable) hits on Billboard but nothing else to show for them... no talent.. no charisma.. horrible album sales (excluding GGGB)...

next track

but fact I will never shade Janet she's my first love it is what is it Discipline flopped you guys hold on to these #1 albums so much

Janet's last 2 efforts on virgin didn't go #1 :coffee: and they still sold so what 's your point

I get where you are coming from but Rihanna's albums might not sell big here in the USA but she sells big worldwide and how many pop artist artist beside the heavy weight like Britney or Beyonce sell real big the first week

Rihanna and Katy did about the same numbers

how much did Discipline make???

a lot of em can at least go #1.. they don't sell big anywhere else either... US is the biggest market and our standards of certification is a lot higher... meaning u gotta sell 500k copies to go Gold in the US but only 100k in the UK... another example is Australia... selling 70k will give u a platinum certification...

Katy Perry is brand new... and has weak singles..

Britney has a huge fan base... Rihanna doesn't

Discipline went gold in the US

of course but I was just making a point having a #1 album means nothing if you're not selling singles I wasn't talking about talent :coffee:

Eh no. Having #1 albums > having #1 singles.

Rihanna isn't a big album seller like Janet but I guess her fans are willing to spend .99 cents so I guess that means something, right? :unsure::lmao:

but fact I will never shade Janet she's my first love it is what is it Discipline flopped you guys hold on to these #1 albums so much

Janet's last 2 efforts on virgin didn't go #1 :coffee: and they still sold so what 's your point

u did shade Janet :rolleyes:.. it's not about the #1 album.. it's just the fact that she has ALL THESE #1 HITS but nothing to show for it... if Beyonce had a #1 hit.. she'd have a #1 album

a lot of em can at least go #1.. they don't sell big anywhere else either... US is the biggest market and our standards of certification is a lot higher... meaning u gotta sell 500k copies to go Gold in the US but only 100k in the UK... another example is Australia... selling 70k will give u a platinum certification...

Katy Perry is brand new... and has weak singles..

Britney has a huge fan base... Rihanna doesn't

Discipline went gold in the US

No, it didn't.

The difference between Janet and Rihanna is that Rihanna is more of a consistent seller than Janet.

Janet's albums will chart at #1 with decent first week sales but will plummet at the 2nd week and eventually drop out by week 5. Rihanna's albums remain on the charts for a year and eventually scan high but the poor gal doesn't have a #1 album because she doesn't have many stans like the the other divas.

u did shade Janet :rolleyes:.. it's not about the #1 album.. it's just the fact that she has ALL THESE #1 HITS but nothing to show for it... if Beyonce had a #1 hit.. she'd have a #1 album

I know that Rihanna might not have a #1 album but look who she's up against do you think that any of the greater were to release around this time will they have a #1

it's all in timing when they release albums I guess her label have a lot of faith in her to release around this time again they should have learned when they released Rated R

and the reason why Rihanna has the current number ones because her stans buy and request her songs just like we did/do when Janet has a song out

and when everything else fails throw Beyonce in :lmao:

No, it didn't.

The difference between Janet and Rihanna is that Rihanna is more of a consistent seller than Janet.

Janet's albums will chart at #1 with decent first week sales but will plummet at the 2nd week and eventually drop out by week 5. Rihanna's albums remain on the charts for a year and eventually scan high but the poor gal doesn't have a #1 album because she doesn't have many stans like the the other divas.

the thing is he got upset when I said Discipline flopped it may have went #1 but it didn't stay on the charts that long it was no shade it's just fact

it's all about longevity

everybody holds on to this #1 album thing Rihanna could have easily released in the first quarter and got a #1 album with no problem

No, it didn't.

with Rated F selling a lil over a 1 Million with a few hits.. that's not saying much...

the difference between Janet and Rihanna is Janet is a legend while Rihanna is a manufactured fad... :coffee:

Rihanna isn't a consistent seller :blink: maybe singles but albums... HELL NO..

with Rated F selling a lil over a 1 Million with a few hits.. that's not saying much...

the difference between Janet and Rihanna is Janet is a legend while Rihanna is a manufactured fad... :coffee:

Rihanna isn't a consistent seller :blink: maybe singles but albums... HELL NO..

but you are the one making it Janet vs Rihanna I didn't I just said "Discipline" flopped

Rated R sold 1 million in the USA but sold 3 million world wide :coffee:

the thing is he got upset when I said Discipline flopped it may have went #1 but it didn't stay on the charts that long it was no shade it's just fact

it's all about longevity

everybody holds on to this #1 album thing Rihanna could have easily released in the first quarter and got a #1 album with no problem

i'm not denying the failure Discipline is/was from the get-go... but ure trying to compare a LEGEND to this twit...

she's not opening at #2 or #3.. it's just not connecting.. she gets #1 singles and crap like that but the album sales are lackluster

and it's not about longevity on a chart.. it's about the total amount sold...