The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

Rihanna Breaks Pop Songs No. 1 Record

Rihanna rewrites the mark for most No. 1s in the 18-year history of Billboard’s Pop Songs radio airplay chart, as “Only Girl (In the World)” rises 2-1.

The song is Rihanna’s seventh Pop Songs leader, pushing the singer past Beyonce, Mariah Carey and Lady Gaga, each with six.

“Only Girl (In the World)” introduces Rihanna’s fifth studio album, “Loud,” which is expected to debut in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 to be refreshed, along with all charts, Thursday (Nov. 25) on Billboard.com. The song has reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100. Follow-up “What’s My Name?,” featuring Drake, topped the Hot 100 two weeks ago.

Rihanna’s No. 1 Pop Songs in the US:

“SOS”

Date Reached No. 1: May 13, 2006

Weeks at No. 1: one

“Take a Bow”

Date Reached No. 1: July 5, 2008

Weeks at No. 1: three

“Disturbia”

Date Reached No. 1: Oct. 4, 2008

Weeks at No. 1: three

“Live Your Life” (T.I. featuring Rihanna)

Date Reached No. 1: Dec. 27, 2008

Weeks at No. 1: two

“Rude Boy”

Date Reached No. 1: May 8, 2010

“Love the Way You Lie” (Eminem featuring Rihanna)

Date Reached No. 1: Aug. 21, 2010

“Only Girl (In the World)”

Date Reached No. 1: Dec. 4, 2010

Weeks at No. 1: one (to-date)

http://rihannadaily.com/2010/11/22/rihanna-breaks-pop-songs-no-1-record/#more-8745

It was only during the second half of the Bush administration that Robyn Rihanna Fenty was scooped up by producer Evan Rogers and subsequently introduced to Def Jam CEO Jay-Z, who signed her to the label hours after her first audition. But her quick rise to the top — no kidding, she had as many Billboard number ones in the aughts as Beyoncé — and the myriad of stylistic avenues she’s taken make it easy to forget she’s relatively green in the industry. Sure, it’s a given that some artists mature faster than others, but Rihanna simply defied convention when she unleashed the brilliant Good Girl Gone Bad just two years into her career, lending her A-list star-power that she’s since leveraged into book and movie deals, philanthropic initiatives, fragrance lines, and more.

Achieving multi-platinum status the world over, Good Girl Gone Bad remains one the decade’s best pop collections, spinning off five massive hits and solidifying the young Barbados-born singer as one of the brightest of her ilk. Trouble followed, of course, when Rihanna became an unfortunate victim of domestic abuse at the hands of Chris Brown. And, while the world was already on her side, she showed a poise in the months that followed that propelled her to even greater heights in the mind of the public, using the release of follow-up Rated R not so much as a pity party but rather as an opportunity to drive her art into darker, more sinister depths. It didn’t produce another “Umbrella”, but in a way it didn’t have to; last year, we were fixated on the narrative of her liberation far more than any of her particular songs.

To her credit, Rihanna probably knew that Rated R would suffer to escape the shadow of her comeback from the Brown affair, which is one plausible reason that recording sessions for Loud began just a few months after the former was released. Arguably, she’s just incredibly prolific — this is her fifth album in five years — but even the proud title and striking imagery of Loud’s packaging infer a kind of proclamation that screams “consider who I am now” more than anything else. Indeed, Rihanna moved on long ago. Now, she’s just waiting for us to do the same thing.

Rewarding if slightly inconsistent, Loud captures much of what made Rihanna so great on “Umbrella”, “Don’t Stop the Music”, “Disturbia”, “Rude Boy”, and the like — a believable set of sexy R&B and dance-pop that only fails when it tries to be too many things to too many people. As she’s shown in the past, Rihanna is at her best when she lets her playful sensuality and impassioned meditations on stilted love reign, and her only Achilles’ heel is the inclusion of a few thin, sophomoric ballads per album. Those missteps are more stylistic than anything else, seemingly situated in calculated fashion to offset the sexual, flustered tension scurrying all around them.

What she and her producers fail to understand, though, is that the public wants those coital waves to come crashing down, blanketing the earth in the seduction of Rihanna’s natural, Caribbean appeal. “I may be bad, but I’m perfectly good at it/Sex in the air/I don’t care, I love the smell of it/Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me,” she sings on Loud’s opener, “S&M”, a declaration of intent that would’ve held more sway if it wasn’t halted in the Pink-aping weekend anthem “Cheers (Drink to That)” just two songs later.

But this is this era of the single, so I suppose we should consider ourselves lucky that Loud is mostly great. To be fair, “Cheers …” and “California King Bed” are the only two tracks that are straight-up filler, although the latter, in its decent attempt to market RiRi to T. Swift’s crowd, probably wasn’t meant to be. Elsewhere, her sex is on fire.

The in-demand Norwegian songwriting duo StarGate aids and abets this tendency most convincingly, composing synth-heavy club bangers like “S&M” and “Only Girl (In the World)”, recalling their earlier triumphs for Rihanna in the form of “Don’t Stop the Music” and “Rude Boy”. But their talent is far from one-dimensional. “What’s My Name (Ft. Drake)”, an unhurried, futuristic R&B joint built around a tawdry conversation between the former lovers, has already become the first of Loud’s number ones.

A similar atmosphere can be found in the southern rap beat of “Raining Men (ft. Nicki Minaj)”, the shuffling arpeggiations of “Complicated” and the dense pads of “Skin”, humming through altering hues of libidinous provocation. “Raining Men”, with its jovial assertion that there would hardly be a day when men weren’t easily replaceable, is clearly sketched for fun. “Complicated” is more earnest, a soaring, confessional track that laments that her beau is “not easy to love.” For its part, the Soundz-produced “Skin” combines these emotions into a five-minute space-hop excursion into the boudoir, driving deep into the id with an austere, though undeniably potent amount of minor chords and bass.

“Fading” and “Man Down” stand on their own sonically, the former a hopeful, piano- and string-based R&B “so long” song in the vein of late-’90s artists like Aaliyah and Faith Evans, the latter a direct nod to her Caribbean roots in the form of dance-hall rhythms and near-scatted melodies. Likewise, the album-closing “Love the Way You Lie (Part II) (Ft. Eminem)” follows the script of Part I closely, a melancholy acoustic arrangement sitting atop one big blown out beat. Only this time Rihanna’s powerful vocal holds court in prolonged measure, Eminem only entering with a verse toward the end that nonetheless reinforces the song’s intense subject matter with ease.

If it weren’t for the grab bag feel it gives off in small measure, Loud would rival Good Girl Gone Bad without much argument from anyone. It’s a dynamic R&B and dance-pop record that feels neither tenuous nor overwrought, striking about as clever a balance as one can strike in today’s distracted music economy. The genre-hopping missteps certainly hurt, but overall, Loud is exactly the record Rihanna needed to make right now. Indeed, unlike the hack sexiness of Katy Perry and Ke$ha, the sensuality and compassion on Loud is believable, plenty so to make us forget about her all too public misfortunes. Something tells me Rihanna will be thankful for that.

Rating: 4/5 stars

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/11/22/album-review-rihanna-loud/

Congratulation to Rihanna on her 9th #1 song on Billboad top 100

ONLY GIRL IS #1

http://twitter.com/#!/rihanna/status/7255561863168001

Rihanna gets Billboad ad in Nyc

BILL.jpg

DAMN 9 #1 HOT 100 SINGLES AT 22 YEARS OLD! LOVE HER, HATE HER OR LOVE TO HATE HER, THERE IS NO DENYING THAT IS AN INCREDIBLE FEAT WHEN IT TOOK HER ONLY 4 YEARS TO DO IT. HER FIRST #1 WAS IN 2006. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIHANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

DAMN 9 #1 HOT 100 SINGLES AT 22 YEARS OLD! LOVE HER, HATE HER OR LOVE TO HATE HER, THERE IS NO DENYING THAT IS AN INCREDIBLE FEAT WHEN IT TOOK HER ONLY 4 YEARS TO DO IT. HER FIRST #1 WAS IN 2006. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIHANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

The gwurls will be forced to pick up there face.

Her and her crew been doing it. She had 4 number ones, and her BFFs Ke$ha and katy had 2 a piece. :coffee:

I know you got my text yesterday. :coffee:

Rihannas LOUD has debuted @ #1 on the Billboard European Album Charts

With the whole of Europe being collectively the largest single market in music today, Achieving this is a great feat indeed.

The Euro Chart follows the same rules as billboard and began in 1984 of which Michael Jacksons THriller was the first album to top the chart.

'Rihanna’s ‘Loud’ era becomes an even bigger success this week. After confirmation that the 22-year-old scored her highest first week numbers in her career, it has now been reported that she has scored a number one debut on Billboard’s European Albums chart with the project.

The good news doesn’t stop there either. Alongside having the number one album in Europe, the singer has doubled that feat by starting a fourth week at the top of the European Hot 100 Singles with ‘Only Girl (In The World)’. All together now: What’s her name?'

Rihanna has also previously topped the chart with her classic GGGB which in turn also peaked at #1 on the Global charts

article-1290777443548-0C355CF6000005DC-534802_466x356.jpg

Susan Boyle has dropped a possibly tongue-in-cheek hint that she would like to work with Rihanna.

The 'Wild Horses' star, who recently released her sophomore album The Gift, said she would like to work with the 'Rude Boy' star, but is unsure what the resulting track would sound like.

"I’ve got hard competition. But there are certain types of music that you’re good at and certain types that you’re not," she told The Sun.

"I mean, would I be good at R&B? I suppose you never know. Maybe me and Rihanna could get together - I could dye my hair purple."

Boyle recently held Rihanna's new LP Loud off the top of the US album chart.

article-1290777504760-0C355C39000005DC-959866_466x310.jpg

DEAD

Rihanna Makes History In The UK

“Who’s That Chick”, a track on Guetta’s album “One More Love” featuring Rihanna, will debut in the top 10 singles chart next week in the UK. The song will join fellow top-10ers “What’s My Name?” and “Only Girl” on the chart simultaneously.. making Rihanna the first female to have three top 10 singles on the chart at once.

The last person to do this was John Lennon in the 1970s.

Rihanna Makes History In The UK

“Who’s That Chick”, a track on Guetta’s album “One More Love” featuring Rihanna, will debut in the top 10 singles chart next week in the UK. The song will join fellow top-10ers “What’s My Name?” and “Only Girl” on the chart simultaneously.. making Rihanna the first female to have three top 10 singles on the chart at once.

The last person to do this was John Lennon in the 1970s.

:o Go head Rihallah!