Lady Gaga Breaks Radio Records with New Single ‘Born This Way’

Aquaria

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I remember radio was showing Feedback ALOT of love at first but then as the days went on it started to decrease.. I just didnt understand why radio didn't keep at it..they seemed to REALLY like it. I dont know if it was just the hype or what? But its still the MOST love she's gotten from radio in a long time so that was good to see.

I remember people saying they were trying to request the song and the DJ's gave them attitude and refused to play it..

But wouldn't the objection be for a song that radio forced on us but didn't become a hit???

Feedback should have been forced just like Touch my body..

Are you STILL pressed about TMB ... It was 3 years ago .. LET IT GO , the song was banging and that's why it did well, not just in the states but across the world also so nobody forced anything on anyone, it just did well . The songs a jam ;) Feedback did reach the top 20 so I don't see the problem

Are you STILL pressed about TMB ... It was 3 years ago .. LET IT GO , the song was banging and that's why it did well, not just in the states but across the world also so nobody forced anything on anyone, it just did well . The songs a jam ;) Feedback did reach the top 20 so I don't see the problem

TMB was forced on radio, they played the shit every hour on the hour.. Feedback should have gotten the same treatment..

Aed05 was saying that pretty much radio can force a song to be a hit. Bailey is objecting because he's saying radio didnt force FEEDBACK to be more than just a moderate hit.

If anything he proved my point, because folks were requesting FB and blowing it up online and the song still struggled to go top 20. Radio wouldn't play it. Meanwhile radio is blowing BTW out the box, yet a lot of folks aren't even feeling the song. Radio can make or break a song. If the public is forced to hear something enough, they tend to start to like it, or at the least get use to it. And I say this as someone who likes BTW. but when they took caller request yesterday here in LA, a lot of folks didn't like it. Some DJ's flat out said she copied Madonna and played snippets of Express yourself after they played BTW.

Since radio doesn't really pay attention to requests anymore, they just decide what they want to be a hit. My radio station announced yesterday that they'd be playing BTW every hour on the hour all weekend - and I'm guessing a lot of other stations are too. It's more about corporate decisions than anything else.

Hmm..would have never known from all the shit you were talkin when Brit returned.

What shit? I said Brit's song would be a hit without her even trying.

& I was right. :lol:

The only thing I said against gaga was that I wasn't really anticipating her new song cause it felt she never went anywhere. :lol:

Since radio doesn't really pay attention to requests anymore, they just decide what they want to be a hit. My radio station announced yesterday that they'd be playing BTW every hour on the hour all weekend - and I'm guessing a lot of other stations are too. It's more about corporate decisions than anything else.

Yeah...true. But gaga & Brit fans are requesting online. For every station. All hours of the day. :lol:

Archived