Lady Gaga Breaks Radio Records with New Single ‘Born This Way’

Aquaria

If anything he proved my point, because folks were requesting FB and blowing it up online and the song still struggled to go top 20. Radio wouldn't play it. Meanwhile radio is blowing BTW out the box, yet a lot of folks aren't even feeling the song. Radio can make or break a song. If the public is forced to hear something enough, they tend to start to like it, or at the least get use to it. And I say this as someone who likes BTW. but when they took caller request yesterday here in LA, a lot of folks didn't like it. Some DJ's flat out said she copied Madonna and played snippets of Express yourself after they played BTW.

I said this years ago and people didn't believe me.. They thought the song was played because people were calling in..

THat shit doesn't happen anymore unless it's an oldie station.. Steve Harvey mention that last week when he was playing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7jVQMDaOxA I love this fucking song...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What shit? I said Brit's song would be a hit without her even trying.

& I was right. :lol:

The only thing I said against gaga was that I wasn't really anticipating her new song cause it felt she never went anywhere. :lol:

Fanka..when Brit broke this record yo ass was along with EVERYONE else acting like Gaga was gonna get steamrolled by Brit this era... like ur QUEEN BRITNEY will be crushing all her contemps :lol: :lol: :lol:

So far its not lookin to bright :lmao:

Fanka..when Brit broke this record yo ass was along with EVERYONE else acting like Gaga was gonna get steamrolled by Brit this era... like ur QUEEN BRITNEY will be crushing all her contemps :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you talking about? Britney already got her number 1, hun :lol:

Britney, Gaga, Beyonce, rhianna and Justin are guaranteed radio play no matter what..

Then why did those two songs flop? I think radio feels pressured to play britney now b/c she's such on itunes. It's really weird tbh. Britney has NEVER had this much radio play...ever.

Really? They said NO to If you flop Amy & Flopdar :lol:

My radio station played the shit out of those two. Especially Radar, which they seemed to appreciate a whole lot more than the rest of the general public, myself included.

I don't remember anybody acting like that. Some of us were excited that she got her #1 and broke some records along the way, but I specifically remember people saying Gaga was gonna come along and do it bigger - I mean, was it not obvious?

I don't remember anybody acting like that. Some of us were excited that she got her #1 and broke some records along the way, but I specifically remember people saying Gaga was gonna come along and do it bigger - I mean, was it not obvious?

Oh noooooo ... I can bring up the receipts. The week she broke that record everyone was losing it talkin all kind of shit like it was Brits moment. I actually made a thread in regards to who they thought would have a bigger yr between Gaga,Brit and Beyonce and most was saying Brit (and talkin shit) I guess just becuz she had came back in a "big way".

Oh noooooo ... I can bring up the receipts. The week she broke that record everyone was losing it talkin all kind of shit like it was Brits moment. I actually made a thread in regards to who they thought would have a bigger yr between Gaga,Brit and Beyonce and most was saying Brit (and talkin shit) I guess just becuz she had came back in a "big way".

All I know is that I specifically remember that when Britney broke the radio play count record, people were saying Gaga was gonna break it again once BTW was released.

I would imagine that Britney and Gaga (and Beyonce, if she's releasing stuff, I don't really pay any attention to her) will both do well this year.

OK time to bring some sense in here, aint too many white folks round these parts no moe we den chased em off, having said that did ya'll lose ya damns minds :unsure: its just a song from some white bitch the white gays be loving dont nobody care ugh its like she shitted on a plate and at the record signing they passed out forks :filenails:

And TMB was an unnecessary hit..there was nothing GRAND about it..lets not play ppl

TMB is amazing and adorable. It was her best first single since "Heartbreaker" until "Obsessed" came and raped it.

"Feedback" is better. But radio didn't care about Janet in 2008 for obvious reasons. Mariah was coming off the massive TEOM era. Janet was coming off the flop 20 Y.O. era. What did you (jbailey, etc.) expect? Radio would just start to play a 41-year-old's song because it's good and people would eventually discover it? Or that radio would play the song that has tons of payolahype that isn't necessarily as good but people don't care and love it anyway?

Archived