Lady Gaga Breaks Radio Records with New Single ‘Born This Way’

Aquaria

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TMB is amazing and adorable. It was her best first single since "Heartbreaker" until "Obsessed" came and raped it.

"Feedback" is better. But radio didn't care about Janet in 2008 for obvious reasons. Mariah was coming off the massive TEOM era. Janet was coming off the flop 20 Y.O. era. What did you (jbailey, etc.) expect? Radio would just start to play a 41-year-old's song because it's good and people would eventually discover it? Or that radio would play the song that has tons of payolahype that isn't necessarily as good but people don't care and love it anyway?

:mellow: You are reeeeeeally pushing it

TMB is amazing and adorable. It was her best first single since "Heartbreaker" until "Obsessed" came and raped it.

"Feedback" is better. But radio didn't care about Janet in 2008 for obvious reasons. Mariah was coming off the massive TEOM era. Janet was coming off the flop 20 Y.O. era. What did you (jbailey, etc.) expect? Radio would just start to play a 41-year-old's song because it's good and people would eventually discover it? Or that radio would play the song that has tons of payolahype that isn't necessarily as good but people don't care and love it anyway?

CERTIFIED TRASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Someone had to say it! No crazy costume or video will make this song any hotter but unfortunately her fans will get her to the top of the charts for at least 1 week for this song. But yeah really was expecting something crazy off the charts and in your face. I thought she was going to go to a darker place with a song about how we are born with good and evil only because we took a bite off the apple under false pretenses. I wanted to hear her thoughts on free will.

From what I remember radio was showing Feedback ALOT of love at first but then as the days went on it started to decrease.. I just didnt understand why radio didn't keep at it..they seemed to REALLY like it. I dont know if it was just the hype or what? But its still the MOST love she's gotten from radio in a long time so that was good to see.

after the superbowl fiasco the FCC handed down all these restrictions 2 radio,t.v, etc..................CLEAR CHANNEL put all the blame on Janet & that's why till this day radio doesn't support Janet's music like in the past :sigh::flipoff:

If anything he proved my point, because folks were requesting FB and blowing it up online and the song still struggled to go top 20. Radio wouldn't play it. Meanwhile radio is blowing BTW out the box, yet a lot of folks aren't even feeling the song. Radio can make or break a song. If the public is forced to hear something enough, they tend to start to like it, or at the least get use to it. And I say this as someone who likes BTW. but when they took caller request yesterday here in LA, a lot of folks didn't like it. Some DJ's flat out said she copied Madonna and played snippets of Express yourself after they played BTW.

MADONNA IS COMIN 2 FRY HER ASS....................................................REMEMBER-WHAT-I-SAID !!!! :yep:

What's very interesting to me is how many songs people hear in it, myself included. It has hints of Waterfalls, God is a DJ, When Love Takes Over, And certain parts sound like Express Yourself (the part that really screams Express Yourself is the cowbell chant at the end). What's mystifying to me though is that the song is catchy and seamless, it's not like it's a cut and paste job where one section is undeniably ripped from one song (because multiple songs are coming to mind for different people) which means in some sense, all the songs mentioned must resemble each other (more obscurely of course because the connection was never made). I think Gaga has a knack for writing really catchy music, and it comes on instinct from the subconscious, where these catchy melodies are ingrained in you. At the end of the day it's a pop song, and pop songs often sound like each other.

or am I just drinking the kool aid :shifty:

Is Pink singing this song? Not really impressed especially with all the hype that was going on about it. I'd rather listen to Britney's new single over this and I don't listen to Britney. Maybe Gaga should have tried a different way to sing it cause it truly sounds like Pink on it.

No it don't sound like P!nk. Om the verses to me it sounds like Madonna.

No it don't sound like P!nk. Om the verses to me it sounds like Madonna.

I could actually see pink singing this. It would be more soulful and raw, but I could hear that. I could also hear early 90s Madonna singing it too. Like I said earlier, the song sounds dated. I like it, but Katy Perry covered similar ground lyrically with "fireworks", and she wasn't so obvious with it.

I could actually see pink singing this. It would be more soulful and raw, but I could hear that. I could also hear early 90s Madonna singing it too. Like I said earlier, the song sounds dated. I like it, but Katy Perry covered similar ground lyrically with "fireworks", and she wasn't so obvious with it.

I think we all knew the first Gaga single was going to be huge, i just think we thought it would be better.

Lyrically, it's been done lately with Katy's "Firework", Pink's "Fucking Perfect" and Ke$ha's "We R Who We R" without, as you said, being quite so obvious about it. (Personally the over-the-top specificness of BT just makes me cringe).

I think we all knew the first Gaga single was going to be huge, i just think we thought it would be better.

Yeah, I did...until she leaked the lyrics

The song is a lil to gay for me... But I'm sure i'll get my life when it comes on at a gay bar :lol:

Maybe what Gaga is doing is genius and we're too "in the moment" to realize it right now. :shifty: ..give it time

I honestly think it was done on purpose... I mean Perez did liken this album to her "Like A prayer" and what a coincidence the melody for "Born This Way" sounds like a song from that album. Not to mention Madonna just uploaded her performing "Express Yourself" to her youtube. I think something big is going on behind the scenes between those two. Wouldn't be surprised if Madonna popped up at the grammys to perform with Gaga as well.

I honestly think it was done on purpose... I mean Perez did liken this album to her "Like A prayer" and what a coincidence the melody for "Born This Way" sounds like a song from that album. Not to mention Madonna just uploaded her performing "Express Yourself" to her youtube. I think something big is going on behind the scenes between those two. Wouldn't be surprised if Madonna popped up at the grammys to perform with Gaga as well.

I wouldn't be surprised either. Ppl forget how intellegent Gaga is. That would be the PERFECT set up! This may be apart of the whole plan. She knew it was gonna be compared to Madonna's shit..and get ppl talking..then she turns around and have Madonna perform the song with her..and its gonna sky rocket from there. Gaga is a genius if thats what she's up to and you ALL played a role in her lil scheme :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived