Lady Gaga Breaks Radio Records with New Single ‘Born This Way’

Aquaria

Lady Gaga’s newly-released single “Born This Way” has broken the record for the most first-day spins on the U.S. radio. On Friday, the track was played 1,838 times on mainstream stations alone, surpassing the previous record of 619 spins set by Britney Spears’ “Hold It Against Me” just a month ago.

“Born This Way” also drew a record-breaking 25 million audience impressions in the first day, with a total of more than 2,500 plays from all formats.

Pop Massacre.

15gpaah.gif

OHH THERE AINT NO OTHER WAY

BABY I WAS BORN †HIS WAY

002.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well of course she broke records. They are playing the song every hour on the hour, plus she's been hyping the song since last sept at the VMA's. But public opinion of the song has been mixed at best. But it goes to show that radio will force a song to be a hit even if a lot of people are not feeling the song.

Well of course she broke records. They are playing the song every hour on the hour, plus she's been hyping the song since last sept at the VMA's. But public opinion of the song has been mixed at best. But it goes to show that radio will force a song to be a hit even if a lot of people are not feeling the song.

I OBJECT !!!! Your Honor I would like to present the court with evidence item A

Feedback.jpg

I rest my case :filenails:

Aed05 was saying that pretty much radio can force a song to be a hit. Bailey is objecting because he's saying radio didnt force FEEDBACK to be more than just a moderate hit.

But wouldn't the objection be for a song that radio forced on us but didn't become a hit???

Feedback should have been forced just like Touch my body..

Aed05 was saying that pretty much radio can force a song to be a hit. Bailey is objecting because he's saying radio didnt force FEEDBACK to be more than just a moderate hit.

RADIO KILLED FEEDBACK, when the people DID like it Itunes numbers and Radio play did NOT match up :filenails: so yes you get two princess points today Blatin to da corner :thumbdown:

RADIO KILLED FEEDBACK, when the people DID like it Itunes numbers and Radio play did NOT match up :filenails: so yes you get two princess points today Blatin to da corner :thumbdown:

From what I remember radio was showing Feedback ALOT of love at first but then as the days went on it started to decrease.. I just didnt understand why radio didn't keep at it..they seemed to REALLY like it. I dont know if it was just the hype or what? But its still the MOST love she's gotten from radio in a long time so that was good to see.

Archived