LA Reid comments on Discipline & he and Janet's friendship

bzebabe

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand what you're saying. Janet has her own mind, she's gonna make her own decisions (rebuttal pun intended). And I know for a fact that Janet has some say in the album. I remember her doing an interview where she said she told Jermaine that she needed a house track and he brought her RWU. But at the end of the day, LA Reid, as Rodney or JD said, picked the songs. It just so happened that RWU made the album. Plus she said the label asked her to put off the tour. I just think it's ridiculous to say she wanted to do the album.

Janet AGREED to do the album and she AGREED with the song choices on the album.

I find it absurd that anyone would say Janet didn't want to do the album at all. She went all the way through with the creation process to finalizing and packaging. I will take back my word that Janet wanted to do the album the day she announces that she didn't like she did with her debut and sophomore album. But I think she wanted to do it and thought it was a good idea. The whole fight she had with LA was because he wouldn't listen to her 2nd single choice. If she didn't want to do the album I don't think she would be demanding HER choice for a 2nd second single.

Janet AGREED to do the album and she AGREED with the song choices on the album.

I find it absurd that anyone would say Janet didn't want to do the album at all. She went all the way through with the creation process to finalizing and packaging. I will take back my word that Janet wanted to do the album the day she announces that she didn't like she did with her debut and sophomore album. But I think she wanted to do it and thought it was a good idea. The whole fight she had with LA was because he wouldn't listen to her 2nd single choice. If she didn't want to do the album I don't think she would be demanding HER choice for a 2nd second single.

She agreed, that's obvious because we have the album. But did she WANT to do it? I am almost certain she did not. It was written all over her face during the whole time the album was being promoted. The out-of-body interviews. The lack of motivation. The choreography. The tacky outfits. The wig (ohboy.gif). Her heart was NOT into that album. Her focus was the tour.

That is exactly right

I remember during the Discipl era, I was like "who is this?"

It was someone I didn't recognise (and the general public probably felt the same)

I know

I can't

What was that

What was she thinking?

Me too. There's actually a video of her signing autographs during the Discipline era and a fan handed her the Discipline album to sign and she looked at it like "Oh shit :o this is mine!?" :lmao:

Yes, I would say she's found her self again...it's definitely a rebirth,

I think her input wasn't that great, and she tried to assert more control after "Feedback" and LA Reid felt some type of way about it. He obviously "knew what was best" for Janet...that type of thing. -_-

Yea, I agree.

But he bailed right before it was released though :lol: I love how he tries to act like we won't remember that he was the original exec. producer of Janet's while JD was the e.p. for Mariah's, and how LA was talking about it's was going to be a friendly competition of him and Janet vs. JD and Mariah. When we found out that they switched, someone posted some article about Mariah crying to LA about backing Janet's project instead of hers...not sure if that article was 100% true, but I believe Mariah had some role in the background.

Interesting. I thought he was co-executive along with JD on the album.

Let us not put anything past Janet's fashion sense. Might I remind you of these blunders both past a present:

normal_Clive_Davis_Annual_Grammy_Party_Feb_12_2005_(23).jpg

Notice the boots:

normal_Arena970003.jpg

normal_For_Colored_Girls_Premiere_October_25_2010_12.jpg

The first outfit is atrocious :umm:

But the TVR is iconic and those thick sole boots were the shit in the late 90's.

I love the last outfit too ^_^

She agreed, that's obvious because we have the album. But did she WANT to do it? I am almost certain she did not. It was written all over her face during the whole time the album was being promoted. The out-of-body interviews. The lack of motivation. The choreography. The tacky outfits. The wig (ohboy.gif). Her heart was NOT into that album. Her focus was the tour.

What tour are we talking about?

Sorry, I bailed on Janet during this atrocious era

Janet did it first.

41.jpg

And it's way greater than the versions Ke$ha and Lady Gaga have done :clapping:

Interesting. I thought he was co-executive along with JD on the album.

Sadly it wasn't. LA made it such a HUGE deal and kept talking about the "competition"...all of a sudden he stopped and became the e.p. for Mariah's and JD became e.p. for Discipline. I think that happened right after "Feedback" leaked.

I think she wanted to do the project, but she gave control of it to LA and the label because of her position in the industry and what was going on with all of that.

She probably regretted it and tried to assert her input and that caused problems.

I need valid receipts, sis. It's safe to she lost it after the album was released and looked on the verge of tears during most of the interviews (watch the View when she surprised Sherri). Just look at the pics of her during the NYC album signing :lmao: she was holding the album like "I don't want to be here. I'd rather be on the couch eating nachos." That's when we knew her heart wasn't in it. But prior to the release she seemed in and focused on the project (during WDIGMT).

I think she wanted to do the project, but she gave control of it to LA and the label because of her position in the industry and what was going on with all of that.

She probably regretted it and tried to assert her input and that caused problems.

:cheers::cheers: :cheers:

Let's just pull back a bit

So what u guys are saying is:

1. Janet wanted to do an album

2. So she signed with Def Jam

3. They chose all the songs, producers, theme etc of the album

4. And Janet just accepted

That don't make any sense, unless she specifically agreed to this in the contract, or she was kinda put into the position (eg i need a label, im willing to just do wateva because i need a record label contract)

Archived