LA Reid comments on Discipline & he and Janet's friendship

bzebabe

I think she wanted to do the project, but she gave control of it to LA and the label because of her position in the industry and what was going on with all of that.

She probably regretted it and tried to assert her input and that caused problems.

So you're trying to say Janet agreed to be a puppet :mellow: Chile bye :thumbdown: What most likely happened is that LA and the label were overstepping their bounds and Janet spoke up about it :filenails: And I put money on it that Mariah had some role in it...if someone that worked there during the time released info on it, I'm sure she would be one of the reasons why LA and Janet were getting into it.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like anyone was going to see that

:lol:

(im just being naughty)

The more and more this conversation, it does sound like Janet is just a puppet

That's the impression it gives

I don't think Janet's a puppet generally, but there were times when she was with JD that it felt like that - or at least that her mind was elsewhere. (Not to bring more controversy into it . . . or maybe so :lol:)

I need valid receipts, sis. It's safe to she lost it after the album was released and looked on the verge of tears during most of the interviews (watch the View when she surprised Sherri). Just look at the pics of her during the NYC album signing :lmao: she was holding the album like "I don't want to be here. I'd rather be on the couch eating nachos." That's when we knew her heart wasn't in it. But prior to the release she seemed in and focused on the project (during WDIGMT).

Does this look like the face of someone whose heart was into their album? :rolleyes:

Does dis bitch even know she's ALIVE? :mellow:

Like anyone was going to see that

:lol:

(im just being naughty)

The more and more this conversation, it does sound like Janet is just a puppet

That's the impression it gives

They know Janet wasn't no damn puppet, so I don't see why they're trying to make it seem like she gave up all control to LA and his label. If that was the case, she and Rodney wouldn't have made a big deal about "Luv" not being the second single, Janet wouldn't have been doing interviews and performances without them knowing/saying it was okay, and she wouldn't have done the tour without the label backing them up :sigh:

I don't think Janet's a puppet generally, but there were times when she was with JD that it felt like that - or at least that her mind was elsewhere. (Not to bring more controversy into it . . . or maybe so :lol:)

Yes, her mind seemed elsewhere

I didn't like during Janet during these eras

But maybe she just wanted to rest and have fun for once. Not to have tickets on myself or anything, but there are times when so many people expect so much from you, and you know that you have potential, but u just want to escape and relax a bit

I think she wanted to do the project, but she gave control of it to LA and the label because of her position in the industry and what was going on with all of that.

She probably regretted it and tried to assert her input and that caused problems.

I'm glad we got Discipline. Luv is my shit. B)

So you're trying to say Janet agreed to be a puppet :mellow: Chile bye :thumbdown: What most likely happened is that LA and the label were overstepping their bounds and Janet spoke up about it :filenails: And I put money on it that Mariah had some role in it...if someone that worked there during the time released info on it, I'm sure she would be one of the reasons why LA and Janet were getting into it.

Yes, for lack of a better word, a puppet. As I said, I think she gave up so much control because of what was happening to her in the industry. It wasn't an act of desperation, but Janet probably thought it was a necessary route to take.

normal_Good_Morning_America_February_25_2008_%2819%29.jpg

This wig itches more than that rash I got from Jermaine.

Wilameisha....I hate you. -_-:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes, for lack of a better word, a puppet. As I said, I think she gave up so much control because of what was happening to her in the industry. It wasn't an act of desperation, but Janet probably thought it was a necessary route to take.

The only time she was a puppet was by recording what others what for her. Don't sit there and try to act like she pulled a Rihanna and let them tell her what the concept of her album was going to be, how she was suppose to dress and look for this era, what to say in interviews and so on :umm:

Does this look like the face of someone whose heart was into their album? :rolleyes:

Does dis bitch even know she's ALIVE? :mellow:

She looks drugged :lol: Maybe, she's just tired -_-

I mean, I don't get why she would do the album if she didn't want to do it at all :sigh: that shit makes 0 sense. I think she would've bailed out sooner than March if she really didn't want to do it.

The only time she was a puppet was by recording what others what for her. Don't sit there and try to act like she pulled a Rihanna and let them tell her what the concept of her album was going to be, how she was suppose to dress and look for this era, what to say in interviews and so on :umm:

I agree

Or, let's just blame Gil instead. That's more fun

He probably chose that poodle hair for her. He probably said "that's so Janet"

Isn't that what he said during the making of the COM video. "That's so Janet"

*vomit*

Oh, see, this thread was bringing up bad enough memories, but then you had to go and mention the COM video. I'd blocked that one out. :lol:

Archived